Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the laziest thing you've ever seen or did?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Knew a guy in college who was super-fond of the bed. He used to have the telly turned sideways so he could watch lying down!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Often if I miss when I throw socks into my clothes basket, I'll just leave them on the ground until the next time I'm over that side of the room. Otherwise I'd have to walk all the way around my bed.

I'm also able turn off the light from my bed with a small american football. One time I missed, but I knew I had one of those sleep masks from when I flew back from America in the drawer beside my bed, so I put that on and left the light on so I wouldn't have to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

I throw one and two cent coins in the bin because I can't be bothered to do blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Haha but yes it was believe me yes it was (times infinity no come backs)

Nah he was definitely ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not wake till 5pm the next day!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Stuck a couple of Eggs in the kettle while watching a match once because I didn't want to miss any action, the eggs were perfectly boiled be the time the match was over.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Friend's sis was in the living room and phoned her sis in the kitchen to make her a cup of tea. She used to sit on her bed and hoover things off the floor when her mother would finally lose the plot with her to clean her room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dudess wrote: »
    Friend's sis was in the living room and phoned her sis in the kitchen to make her a cup of tea.
    when I was 17 I got my own phone line installed in my bedroom. I used to ring my mam to ask her stuff even though she was down stairs.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

A guy I vaguely know once rang the chinese next door to the pub he was in, ordered his food and kept an eye firmly on the window. When he saw the delivery driver get into the car he jumped out and asked for a lift.

He got a ride home that would normally cost about £6-7 in a taxi for the £1 delivery charge, plus his food obviously.

Maybe not exactly lazy but a bloody good idea in any case. AFAIK he still does it regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

d.anthony wrote: »
    A guy I vaguely know once rang the chinese next door to the pub he was in, ordered his food and kept an eye firmly on the window. When he saw the delivery driver get into the car he jumped out and asked for a lift.

He got a ride home that would normally cost about £6-7 in a taxi for the £1 delivery charge, plus his food obviously.

Maybe not exactly lazy but a bloody good idea in any case. AFAIK he still does it regularly.

Your friend? Or you were reading the stingy thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Paparazzo wrote: »

Well a lot of people do this, according to people here that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Takeaway driver should charge him more. Or why would they even let him in the van in the first place? It's surely outside the terms of their employment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Rolli wrote: »
    Well a lot of people do this, according to people here that is

I know for a fact someone did that in my town. It was a couple of years ago too.
    I think it's a story that has spread and folk around the country are at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Paparazzo wrote: »

I posted it on the stingy thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Knew a guy in college who was super-fond of the bed. He used to have the telly turned sideways so he could watch lying down!
    often thought about it, never actually did. Genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

uch wrote: »
    Stuck a couple of Eggs in the kettle while watching a match once because I didn't want to miss any action, the eggs were perfectly boiled be the time the match was over.

Please tell me you put the eggs in five mins before the final whistle?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

I regularly drive to the shop that is 2 mins walk away. It actually takes longer to drive due to the fact when I leave my apartment I have to turn onto a one way street and go around a loop to get to the the shop. Add to that there is never any parking there so I either drive round for a couple of mins or park illegally and to top it off I got a parking ticket 2 weeks ago for parking there illegally :)

Oh the joys of being lazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I could spam this thread but I am far to lazy.
    It's not so much I am lazy, I can graft, when I have to, it's just getting there, I am more of a procrastinator a battle class one.

Take yesterday for a minor example, I changed my car last December, they threw in the clip on car mats when I bought the car. Also I have hub caps so I bought cable ties in December to fasten them on more securely. I finally took the mats out of my booth and able ties out of my boot yesterday and done the job, so it only took me 3 months to do so.

But I have loads of those little jobs that need doing, but not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

When I was heavily pregnant(about the size of a beached whale) and lived at home I used to ring my mam who was downstairs to come up and fluff up my pillows, help me turn etc. Poor woman used to turn her phone off after a while:o

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

I recently finished unpacking after my holiday.

My holiday was in July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

My mate was telling me about his teenage son and how lazy he is.
    As we walked home from the pub he said come in and I'll show you haw lazy he is .

We walked into the sitting room and his son was sitting be the fire watching telly and crying uncontrollably .

" What's wrong son"?

"Dad, Dad, I'm....
    I'm burning............

Lazy git....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

phasers wrote: »
    I keep shoes next to my bed so I can throw them at the light switch across the room when I finish reading at night.

Get a nerf gun.

The light switch is across from my cubicle so to turn it off I have to go around the cubicle to get to it. Hate having the light on but the guy next to me insists it be Operating theatre bright so as soon as he leaves, I stand up, cock my nerf gun aim slightly above the switch, take a breath, let a little out and squeeze. get it 4 out 5 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

my friends used to order pizzas and give next door as their address (next door was also a friend of ours). The neighbour would then walk in to their house and give them the pizzas while they never had to move from their chairs(pizza already paid for by card over the phone), moaning that the pizza shop never get the right address. Genius.

Same lads also set up a mini fridge in the living room and a train set to carry beer from one chair to the next, as they decided that if they threw the cans to each other they got too fizzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Does anyone else have difficulty believing stories that start with "my friend..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

ziggy23 wrote: »
    When I was heavily pregnant(about the size of a beached whale) and lived at home I used to ring my mam who was downstairs to come up and fluff up my pillows, help me turn etc. Poor woman used to turn her phone off after a while:o

were you the actress that played willy in free willy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

were you the actress that played willy in free willy?

No I'm Orca ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

A guy on my road drives to his parents house. It's about 10/12 doors away. :confused:

He wears those milk bottle glasses that give him massive eyes. I don't respect him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

A guy on my road drives to his parents house. It's about 10/12 doors away. :confused:

He wears those milk bottle glasses that give him massive eyes. I don't respect him.

you live next door to millhouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

syklops wrote: »
    Does anyone else have difficulty believing stories that start with "my friend..."

my friends do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

you live next door to millhouse?

That's his new name. Cheers. :D

My Son: "Dad" "There goes Millhouse".
    Me: "That's my boy, he he, state of him".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

I once got a takeaway instead of cooking dinner :eek:

Nah,...... Ring Hubby (who's on way home from work!) to get takeaway instead of making dinner. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

d.anthony wrote: »

I would of ordered in the takeaway, asked for delivery and then a lift.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My wife called me lazy today.

I said, "I do five sit ups every morning!"

She said, "That's nothing!"

I said, "I know, but there's only so many times you can hit the snooze button."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I recently finished unpacking after my holiday.

My holiday was in July
    Thanks for reminding me, I need to dry out a tent from electric picnic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The joys of having kids or mini slaves as I like to call them.

They love to look for the remote control for me or to get me a bag of crisps from the press....getting to the stage where I might never have to leave the settee...

mfceiling wrote: »
    The joys of having kids or mini slaves as I like to call them.

They love to look for the remote control for me or to get me a bag of crisps from the press....getting to the stage where I might never have to leave the settee...
    When my younger sister was about four, my mother asked her to get the dustpan from the cupboard. Cue cries of "I have to do EVERYTHING around here" :pac:

Another sister of mine was very proud of herself when she was deemed old enough to make a cup of tea. It was great for a few weeks when we didn't even have to ask her, she'd be running around going "anyone want a cup of tea?". Fun times :D

My older brothers used to be awful lazy when they got back from the pub. They wanted food but were too lazy to make it themselves. They'd offer me whatever change they had in their pockets to make them some toasties. Between them I'd often come up with between 15 and 20 quid!

I watched a cookery programme today.

Really must get new batteries for the remote.

• Advertisement

I watched a cookery programme today.

Really must get new batteries for the remote.
    It could have been worse. You could have been stuck watching Jeremy Kyle :eek:

ackshully :o

when I said "cookery programme" it might have been something else :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

summerskin wrote: »
    my friends used to order pizzas and give next door as their address (next door was also a friend of ours). The neighbour would then walk in to their house and give them the pizzas while they never had to move from their chairs(pizza already paid for by card over the phone), moaning that the pizza shop never get the right address. Genius.

Same lads also set up a mini fridge in the living room and a train set to carry beer from one chair to the next, as they decided that if they threw the cans to each other they got too fizzy.

I dont think you were meant to make stuff up for this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Was staying with my cousin in his folks mobile home in Kilkee years ago. GTA San Andreas had just come out. So we were staying in the living room, with a TV and PS2 each. Went to bed at about 8 one evening, played GTA til God knows what time, eventually went to sleep. Following day, wake up, get rolls handed to us for breakfast without ever having to leave our respective sleeping bags. Same with lunch. Same with dinner. Then at about 10 to 8, we realised the shop was about to close, so we got dressed, ran to the shop, got about half a ton of penny sweets and straight back to our sleeping bags to play GTA. Didn't get up til half 4 the next day when my parents arrived to collect me.

Good times.

uch wrote: »

No you didnt.

unklerosco wrote: »
    I was too lazy to get a drink so I rang dominos and ordered 2 cans of coke...

No you didnt, theres a minimum order. Why do people constantly feel the need to lie on here? If your not lazy its a GOOD thing you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

A housemate in college had a jar full of change. On Sunday evening, he decided to count it on his bed. Got bored, and left it to go watch telly. That night, he just slept on top of all the coins instead of moving them. And did the same ofr the rest of the week until Friday.

On the monday morning, he went to the toilet, and heard a splash when he sat down. Turns out there was a 10c coin in his crack from his money snooze.
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    Was too lazy to see if it was raining out. Called in the dog and checked if he was wet.
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

I'm so lazy, I took lessons on a player piano! I'm like a rug on Valium, I'm talkin' lazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 markus pride

I once had violent diarrhea, yet I didn't want to get up to go to the jack's. So me dog was pretty hungry at the time.. Need I go on? Anyway the jokes on me because he puked it all up back onto me face while I was asleep that night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I once had violent diarrhea, yet I didn't want to get up to go to the jack's. So me dog was pretty hungry at the time.. Need I go on? Anyway the jokes on me because he puked it all up back onto me face while I was asleep that night. :(

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    unklerosco wrote: »
    I was too lazy to get a drink so I rang dominos and ordered 2 cans of coke...

No you didnt, theres a minimum order. Why do people constantly feel the need to lie on here? If your not lazy its a GOOD thing you know?

Jeasus, when you get promoted to Captin Kill Joy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement