Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card & Balance Transfers.

Options
  • 27-03-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up. I applied for a credit card online specifically to transfer to 0% interest for 8 months. Filled out the form, put in everything required including the amount to transfer. Got approved. Signed the agreement. Waited for my card etc..
    Letter arrives saying "because of the credit limit we have given you, we are unable to transfer the balance...". WTF? I do'nt want the card if I have not sufficient a credit limit!! No option on the form to say "Do you still require this card if the limit we provide is less than the balance transfer amount?".

My naive assumption that "Approval" meant that I had been approved for the value of a card > or = to the value to be transferred was clearly wrong!

Notwithstanding the time it took to process this application (and the amount of contracts and approval letters I received (4 in total of each)), be aware that if you get caught out, like I did, you MUST cancel the card within 14 days of the application being approved, otherwise you are liable for the €30 government tax.

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Fair play to you for getting it cancelled within the 14days. As if you'd leave some of your balance on the old card?

Advertisement