Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunslingers of the BFL !

Options
  • 27-03-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

That's right folks we've seen how good the running back's. Its time to see how the man behind center is doing. Now I'm not doing this list on just yards on touch downs. This is being calculated by QB rating. To qualify to be in the top 5 and honorable mention you need minimum 1400 yards and 150 attempts.

The BFL is a running league but a few teams go against the grain, while others strive for balance. Others like the Bill's, Raiders know who they are.

1. Aaron Rodgers ( New York Jets)
    QB Rating: 118.5
    2587 Yards,
    26 Touchdowns
    8 INTS
    191 Completions
    275 Attempts
    Completion: 69% , 9.4 yards per attempt, TD%: 9.4% . INTS%: 2.9%

Rodgers has been burning it up this season! Top defenses are pulling there hair out trying to guess where he's going. His top four WR's have 27 receptions. The only pattern you can find is that Plaxico Burress has the majority of the TD's so you need to watch him in the Redzone. Dustin Keller his his favorite receiver with 39 receptions and the highest yard after catch so if you can keep Keller at the line of scrimmage you give yourself a chance.

If Rodgers can keep his interceptions % that low for the rest of the season its hard to see him being beaten in anything but a shootout in the post season.

2. Jake Locker (Green Bay Packers
    QB Rating: 97.4
    2883 yards
    24 Touchdowns
    16 INTS
    165 Completions
    284 attempts
    Completion: 58% .10.1 yards per attempt, TD%: 8.4%. INTS%: 5.6%

This season the packers offensive coordinator has decided to move from a run heavy offense to a West Coast style offense. Reggie Wayne is Locker's main threat. Wayne came to the packers from the Titans. 54 Receptions and 7 touchdowns and already has 1023 yards. Lockers yards per attempt are the best in the BFL at 10.1. He does suffer from decision making lapses.

The Packers may revert back to a run heavy offense if things don't go right early in a game.

3. Eli Manning ( Chicago Bears)
    QB Rating: 96.5
    2383 yards
    19 touchdowns
    13 INTS
    177 completions
    271 attempts
    Completion 65%, 8.7 yards per attempt, TD%: 7.0. INTS%: 4.7%

Eli Manning was traded away from New York to Chicago. The Giants wanted Bree's and the Bears thought there system would suit Eli. Right they were ! When you have Dwayne Bowe as your number 1 wide out ! The bears next two receivers are still very productive so double covering Bowe will not be enough. You need to pressurize Manning and move him around the pocket get his passes that bit off. If you don't you might be meeting a very dangerous play off team.

4.Matt Cassel ( San Fran 49ers)
    QB Rating: 94.6
    1992 yards
    12 touchdowns
    11 INTS
    184 completions
    294 attempts
    Completions 58.7% , 11.2 yards per attempt, TD%: 6.7% , INTS%: 6.2%

Cassel is playing this well because of Jamal Charles. With such and emphasis on run D from teams its giving Cassel easier down field passes. If you stop Jimmy Graham and Kenny Britt in the passing game that's half the battle. They have 80 receptions between each other.

Charles is injured for the next 3 weeks so Cassel is going to need to step it up without his elite running back. Can he?

5. Alex Smith ( New York Giants) I checked it twice :eek:
    QB Rating: 91.0
    1407 yards
    9 Touchdowns
    5 INTS
    98 completions
    168 attempts
    Completions 58.3% , 8.3 yards per attempt, TD%:5.3% INTS: 2.9%

Drew Brees injured ! Alex Smith's name did not inspire confidence before this season. After a shaky start where the Giants offense coordinator tried to use the same play book that Brees used. After that the Giants have found the right balance for Smith to make them competitive in games. However they have lost some close games. Even with Smith playing at his maximum. It doesnt look like the Giants will make the play offs .

Mercedes Lewis at Tight end. Push him out of the game and smith will not have his security blanket.

Honorable mention

Possibly Rookie of the year people Chandler Jones QB 1 for the Denver Bronco's .

6. Chandler Jones
    QB Rating: 88.5
    1910 yards
    10 Touchdowns
    7 INTS
    108 completions
    201 attempts
    Completions 53.7% , 9.5 yards per attempt, TD%: 4.9% , INTS%: 3.4%

The Bronco's new head coach came into this team before the draft. Chandler Jones was on the Bronco's draft board. They didnt think he'd drop to them. But he did and they snapped him up. They given him a favorable playbook with a run look offense with passes coming out of two tight end sets. If he keep up his performances , he'll win rookie of the year and he'll help his team win the AFC West for a second season in a row.

Now any Quarterback will look better when you have Calvin " Megatron" Johnson. The bronco's in offense operate a 3 pronged attack. Megatron , Tony Moeaki and Rookie tight end Cody Hoppes. If the pass is not he audibles into one, if the run is not on he has his 3 favorite targets on the field.

Until next time sports fans ! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Great work Dave.

Disappointed with no mention for Cam Newton!
    For some reason his name doesn't show up on the stats in Passing Leaders. Not that he has much to show off about (51.8%, 1588 yards, 10/19 TD-INT) which adds up to a whopping 54.3 QB Rating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Number 2 in passing makes me very happy :D now to get Rice into the top 5 of running too :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    Number 2 in passing makes me very happy :D now to get Rice into the top 5 of running too :p

Jahvid Best might have something to say about that!

Actually Dave... if you are looking for another task.. you could do analysis on the RBs.

LM just ranks them on yards, but would be good to see average yards per TD ;)
    I'd say Best would be well on top on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Colts would have been up near the top of that list in season 1 and 2 with Rodgers under centre but it's a very different style of offence they're playing with Rivers (not sure if it's forced or intentional!). Thank goodness McFadden is there to pick up the slack

Actually Dave... if you are looking for another task.. you could do analysis on the RBs.

I think they called it vulturing in "The League".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    The Colts would have been up near the top of that list in season 1 and 2 with Rodgers under centre but it's a very different style of offence they're playing with Rivers (not sure if it's forced or intentional!). Thank goodness McFadden is there to pick up the slack

I have Rivers in the IG franchise (with 2 elite WRs) in 2 games I've put up nearly 700 yards, i love him!
    both were CPU games, my Hbs arent great though

McG wrote: »

I have Rivers in the IG franchise (with 2 elite WRs) in 2 games I've put up nearly 700 yards, i love him!
    both were CPU games, my Hbs arent great though

I should probably check out some other playbooks. Switched from Colts to Chargers this season and balance is good but never seem to do much through the air anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Can't believe my QB rating is so high given my TDs/INT ratio is so bad. Though it has improved greatly from last year.

I have to say I love Britt as a receiver, not only does he catch most of what you throw at him, when you make a really bad throw he's good at batting it down to prevent INT's.

And yes I agree the key to a good passing game is a good running game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I would imagine that the others have played every game, Smith missed I think the first 4? had he played all year he would be MVP material!!

Gonna have a headache at the end of the year, if Smith keeps going the way he is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

LaGarrette Blunt has had 4 200+ yard games out of his last 5. Just sayin...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Melina Cuddly Jury

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I would imagine that the others have played every game, Smith missed I think the first 4? had he played all year he would be MVP material!!

Gonna have a headache at the end of the year, if Smith keeps going the way he is going.

well if i have to i guess il take one of them off your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Originally Posted by etloveslsd

See, I told you he was grand. Ill take that ugly tackle or a 4th rounder now as compensation! :)

Can I have Brees please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Let the bidding war commence

Ray Rice would be available for Brees.

Time to start the trades threads!!

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ray Rice would be available for Brees.

Lets see how Alex does until the end of the season, we can talk then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

The Cleveland Browns would like to express their objections at the omission of their starting QB Andy Dalton.
    For the second consecutive season the Browns find themselves with the highest average yards per completion in the league and yet MyLeagueManager fails to even recognise the existence of Mr Dalton, or indeed any Cleveland Quarterback.
    19.3 yards per completion is nothing to be sniffed at folks.

Cam Newton last year posted a league high 21.8 ypc before being shipped down Interstate 71 to Cincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Your hearing it here first. Colt McCoy is going to be Elite next season

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Nuts to that.... Chandler Jones will be elite next year!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Melina Cuddly Jury

kevin kolb will be el..... na cant even say it:D

Alex Smith already is!!

Smith for Rice yeah Santry?

Advertisement