Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC Payment info

Options
  • 27-03-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just got the payment email there from the IEC. It's an AIB address that's given and it says pay via electronic transfer. I don't have an AIB account, but is it ok to walk down there with cash and just transfer to the account number given? Any repercussions from doing it that way later on in the process? Anyone done it that way?

Probably a silly question, but I've come to far to make a mess of it now:o

Thanks guys;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

jiminho wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Just got the payment email there from the IEC. It's an AIB address that's given and it says pay via electronic transfer. I don't have an AIB account, but is it ok to walk down there with cash and just transfer to the account number given? Any repercussions from doing it that way later on in the process? Anyone done it that way?

Probably a silly question, but I've come to far to make a mess of it now:o

Thanks guys;)

You can make a transfer from any bank so your own bank should be able to do it if you ask them. Just make sure to print your letter and give it to them and tell them every bit of information needs to be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

Hi folks,
    It is heaven on earth :)
    I really need help though...applying from my 2nd one from Canada and under some time pressure...
    There is conflicting instruction on the IEC website.
    Can any of you who have been successful in the whole application confirm a few things?
    1. Do you send any payment whatsoever with the application form in the post? (the 'Step-by-Step Guide' doesnt' mention payment, but the 'Instruction Guide' pdf referred to in the Step-by-Step Guide says that you must submit the $150 with the application
    2. Do you send the 'Document Checklist' (also not mentioned in the 'Step-by-Step Guide' doesnt', but mentioned in the 'Instruction Guide' pdf referred to in the Step-by-Step Guide'...)? One of the boxes you are supposed to tick on this is 'fee payment in acceptable format'...please help on this
    3. What ways can you pay? Last year it was only by wire transfer...I cannot see clarification for this year anywhere
    4. If any of you have applied from Canada, can you confirm whether or not you can use a Canadian bank to do the payment? The document checklist says that you cannot do the fee payment using a Canadian bank account

Thanks SO MUCH

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

1. No, the step by step you are referring to is for an application for a work permit. your specifically applying for the IEC program, which includes some of the process required to apply for a work permit.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/assets/pdfs/iec-eic/Online_Application_Systeme_IE_RE.PDF
    Is the link to the application form for the IEC program and on page 2 the exact details of payment are explained
    2. I included it and ticked what i had included, but i'm just over cautious, I cant imagine them refusing you for having it, but at the same time I do not think it is applicable to an IEC application
    3. again, page 2 of the application form. Electronic funds transfer. Exact details of which are provided when you are conditionally accepted.
    4. Doesnt Say you cant anywhere through the IEC application..

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jemma24

Hi, I have received my conditional acceptance email for my 2nd year and need to complete the wire transfer. I am living in Canada and tried to do this through TD Canada Trust. They told me that I need the Account Name's (aka Canadian Embassy's) Address; city and country. I'm very confused because in the email they provide the bank's address so can anyone help me with this, is it the Canadian Embassy in Ireland or the one in London that we sent off our Visa to??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

jemma24 wrote: »
    Hi, I have received my conditional acceptance email for my 2nd year and need to complete the wire transfer. I am living in Canada and tried to do this through TD Canada Trust. They told me that I need the Account Name's (aka Canadian Embassy's) Address; city and country. I'm very confused because in the email they provide the bank's address so can anyone help me with this, is it the Canadian Embassy in Ireland or the one in London that we sent off our Visa to??

1 Grosvenor Square (the london one) - that's the receiving customer
    allied irish bank address is the settlement bank address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jemma24

Thanks a mil, thought it was that one alright but just hearing such horror stories didnt wana chance it!!cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

jemma24 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, thought it was that one alright but just hearing such horror stories didnt wana chance it!!cheers!!

That caught me out at TD as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me. Im at the stage where I sent off my payment but I also have to send an electronic copy. Im my application my job history was over two pages so I used extra pages from another from. Does anybody know if I have to send these off as well electronically?
    Any advice greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

Hi annor,

What did you end up doing about the extra page with additional work info? Have you been accepted yet?

Thanks

I sent it off as it was without the additional work page and got my visa last week :D.

Now I'm trying to find out about the medical.
    Always something :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

annor99 wrote: »
    I sent it off as it was without the additional work page and got my visa last week :D.

Now I'm trying to find out about the medical.
    Always something :rolleyes:

You are not required to send the additional pages if you used extra for your work history. All they are looking for in addition to your payment is the validated IMM1295 form.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

And the medical is only important if you're looking for work in specific areas. the list is on the IEC website somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

The payment bit is the worst..

I need to know if they've recieved it, i've only got 3 days to deadline left!
    Emailed them once, no reply, suprise ! :pac:

Im getting really :mad:

Why cant the payment confirmation be easier..

I got my receipt on my last deadline day, its all very frustrating.. I want to work with children so I need to get the medical done.

Anyone have any info on how to get the medical done. I think I read somewhere, ages ago, that they would contact me regarding where to go and what doctors to use but I would like to have this clarified..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Roadie595

Hi, i process my payment on 4th of May and still not heard anything yet, getting worried as i did actually book the flights for the 18th of June...

Annor how long did it take from your payment to getting your LOI?

as i hear some people get confirmation payment emails first and then you get a mail stating that it will be a further 6 weeks to getting your LOI?

Thanks

Advertisement