Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

delw wrote: »
    Has 96 on back/just below the collar
    I like it :D
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Would have liked to have seen the eternal flames kept though.

edit: scratch that, they appear to be on the back, just below the collar.
    spockety wrote: »
    Is that a 96 on the back?

12-wkl2012.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Looks top notch all right. I shall be purchasing it. Haven't bought a jersey since Rafa's last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Very clever move from the owners to put 96 on the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Absolutely chuffed that they have gone with the old style crest - so much nicer than the other one which has far too much going on in it. Like the new jersey, not mental about the collar but everything else is good.

[edit] On second look - does the sponsor not appear to be far too high up? It's almost at chest height. Looks a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Nicest jersey we've had for about 10 years, love it :D

When is it on sale over here ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm definately getting the long sleeve looks perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Slattsy wrote: »

Official club store has it listed for a 1st June release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Like that tracksuit top Bellamy is wearing in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Keepers jersey looks tempting as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

reina1_4f966ff7d96ac005605731.jpg

Like the old fashioned green keeper kit too.

All retro...would make Bob Paisley smile!

Slattsy wrote: »

Adidas contract over on May 31st so June 1st it is

Kess73 wrote: »
    Official club store has it listed for a 1st June release date.

Free t-shirt value up to £20 as well with pre-orders.

Wonder what that's like.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm definately getting the long sleeve looks perfect

Long sleeve version

NrZK3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Like that tracksuit top Bellamy is wearing in the video

Photo%2011-05-2012%2000%2010%2039.png?dl=1

Looks well, very like the anthem jacket they sold last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

The main picture on the site is shocking quality but the photoshoot ones are great, shall pre-order it...........once that part of the site is availible :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

Wonder what that's like.

Round neck plain with just crest and warrior logo on front as on jersey and Liverpool fc on the back. Pretty nice.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

PFL wrote: »
    Photo%2011-05-2012%2000%2010%2039.png?dl=1

Looks well, very like the anthem jacket they sold last season.

If the design on the collar and under the arms is anything to go by, that purple third kit is real :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Like the new shirt. Hides a belly better than the current adidas strip.

Do you think that this means that the club will now drop the 'YNWA' crest from website and all club logos etc in the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Any prices lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Wonder what that's like.

freeshirtfront500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The more i see it the more im liking it,just depends on the material but well done Warrior,nice job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ush wrote: »
    Like the new shirt. Hides a belly better than the current adidas strip.

Charlie Adams will be delighted so.

gernon wrote: »
    Any prices lads ?

I can't get on to shop site to see prices....no surprise there...webshop is truly awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I like the deep blood red, it reminded me of that snippet in Ian St Johns autobiography.

He [Shankly] thought the colour scheme would carry psychological impact—red for danger, red for power. He came into the dressing room one day and threw a pair of red shorts to Ronnie Yeats. "Get into those shorts and let’s see how you look", he said. "Christ, Ronnie, you look awesome, terrifying. You look 7ft tall." "Why not go the whole hog, boss?" I suggested. "Why not wear red socks? Let’s go out all in red." Shankly approved and an iconic kit was born.

Can't get into the store section of the site - what price does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Like the new jersey, love the crest.

If i'm nitpicking, i'd prefer the logo and sponsor etc.. to be in white

But it looks great, nice touch with the 96 on the back.

daithijjj wrote: »
    I like the deep blood red, it reminded me of that snippet in Ian St Johns autobiography.

He [Shankly] thought the colour scheme would carry psychological impact—red for danger, red for power. He came into the dressing room one day and threw a pair of red shorts to Ronnie Yeats. "Get into those shorts and let’s see how you look", he said. "Christ, Ronnie, you look awesome, terrifying. You look 7ft tall." "Why not go the whole hog, boss?" I suggested. "Why not wear red socks? Let’s go out all in red." Shankly approved and an iconic kit was born.

truestory.jpg

always loved that story

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Weston boutique will have it next week for 20 euro

On the website now, one of the promos is that 'it will make you feel 7ft tall', so they were obviously inspired by the origin story as well.

• Advertisement

And they referenced that quote in the blurb

" it will make you feel 7ft tall"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If the design on the collar and under the arms is anything to go by, that purple third kit is real :confused:

Yeah it would seem so/

The long sleeve version really looks like a throwback to old jerseys, and Doni's jersey looks like something from Pro Evo. The material looks like it's gonna be that stuff that itches the f*ck out of your nipples too. I would also guess that the black and gold one doing the rounds is next seasons away, which looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Very retro 80's and the 80's is sooooooo back in. Will do wonders for your figure.

http://westcarers.org.uk/wcs/youngcarers/files/2012/02/GokWan.jpg

Nice touch with the 96 on the back, makes sense in a way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

wonder how it fits...

not the best figure in the world me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Charlie Adams will be delighted so.

Doubt Savile Row could manage that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

El Spearo wrote: »
    wonder how it fits...

not the best figure in the world me

You'd be better off wearing a children's size, Spearing.

45 sterling for the short sleeve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Dotsey wrote: »
    Sappy404 wrote: »
    Would anyone want Rafa to return with anything but a very large spending budget? Unless FSG are willing to invest heavily on a regular basis, I can't see Rafa being successful.
    why is there a theory that Rafa needs a kings ransom to be successful?

he bought Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Alonso and Lucas for a relative pittance. Although not as important Luis Garcia, Benayoun, Kuyt and Sissoko were cheap aswell considering what they produced on the pitch. Other players like Bellamy, Crouch, Carson, San Jose, Leto were all sold for good profits to enable other signings plus Mascherano and Torres although dear also netted the club big big money.

We always challenged in Europe and every club hated playing us, out of six seasons we had two excellent league campaigns. If anything it was the constant unrest at boardroom level that caused the club to buckle at a time when we had some excellent players but no money available to get some squad depth.

So question should be not if Rafa would want to return with anything but a hefty budget but more like would Rafa like to return under a healthy ownership who actually know something about sport.

He's on record saying continued investment is necessary.

Also while he did well bringing in quite a few excellent players cheap, we were a Champions League team at the time. Much more attractive to these players.

Jersey reminds me of David fairclough in particular against st etienne

• Advertisement

Jersey reminds me of David fairclough in particular against st etienne

I didn't know he was in a band

For people wondering the material make up its 84% Polyester / 16% Recycled S.Cafe Polyester

amiable wrote: »
    I didn't know he was in a band

St etinne are a band ? **** you learn something new every day
    P

Looked at Rafa's twitter as someone mentioned it, scanned down and picked one article link out to take a look at, scanned it and saw the last question.

Q: Is it better not to go back to a place where you have had a good time?
    A: I don’t agree that second time round is not a good thing. If the circumstances are favourable you can go back because experience means you make fewer mistakes. The most important thing is to maintain your ambition.

:pac:

Bloody web store unavailable - bloody typical - I'm reminded of the story of tourists in anfield who come to tour the stadium after the 2005 CL final only to find the shop shut and nowhere to spend there money, surely they could have anticipated the demand on their servers?

I guess Kuyt not having any part in the kit photo shoot/launch means it looks more likely he'll be leaving?

• Advertisement

Bloody web store unavailable - bloody typical - I'm reminded of the story of tourists in anfield who come to tour the stadium after the 2005 CL final only to find the shop shut and nowhere to spend there money, surely they could have anticipated the demand on their servers?

What is it like to buy off them? time of delivery etc.. Just signed up for a year membership earlier on.

It's the Liverpool way.

In fairness there will be thousands of people all over the world trying to get on their site, it will get back to normal over time.

As for the shop being shut......maybe they were out celebrating!

Of course they did, but no point investing and putting in triple the number for a once every couple of years event.

In fairness there will be thousands of people all over the world trying to get on their site, it will get back to normal over time.

As for the shop being shut......maybe they were out celebrating!

It was the day after!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement