Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fckin fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

What are people expecting? Kenny to announce to the public all the players that are available for transfer and how much the club want for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Fckin fantastic.

It's your standard 'nothing to see here' statement guys. They're hardly going to outline any real plans for transfers in May, are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

amiable wrote: »
    What are people expecting? Kenny to announce to the public all the players that are available for transfer and how much the club want for them?

It's ****ing retarded.

I am not exactly overly enamored with Kenny at the moment but the fans are so desperate for anything positive, that they being stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It's ****ing retarded.

I am not exactly overly enamored with Kenny at the moment but the fans are so desperate for anything positive, that they being stupid.

So because the fans are frustrated, Kenny should tell them who we're selling and what the plans are to replace them in spite of how detrimental this would be to those plans?

Look, it's May. The season's not even over. You have to be patient with this stuff. If you want to vent, have a go at FSG for stalling on the stadium plans. No news on that front is far more unacceptable.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Top 25 eh, which goal didn't make the cut?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Top 25 eh, which goal didn't make the cut?

:P

Your second one in the FA cup final
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Read the first line of that and thought "what progress?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Your second one in the FA cup final
    ;)

Always a few lurkers lying in wait :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Always a few lurkers lying in wait :pac:

I'm hardly a lurker...only 3 posts behind willmunny in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

El Spearo wrote: »

You need to read between the lines.

What this means is his agent has said he will not get the same wages at another club because he is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Dub13 wrote: »

What this means is his agent has said he will not get the same wages at another club because he is crap.

He's deadly!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

New Steven Gerrard wallpaper for those who like that kinda stuff!!

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13622&page=6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Didn't see anything wrong with any of his performances for us this season.

Would people like to see Martinez or Lambert as manager?

Remember the calls for Owen Coyle, the next saviour. Dodged a bullet there.

And of course our very own Roy...

Imo, either keep Kenny as manager,or bring someone in with pedigree. Not replace him with just someone who has finished mid table or dodged relegation, albiet with limited resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm hoping the skrtel wanting out stuff is ****ty Twitter speak only? Him and agger are crucial for us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Guillem Balague ‏ @GuillemBalague
    Lfc owners have decided to keep Dalglish. But they are looking for a DoF. Will someone like Txiki Beguiristain work with KD? Intriguing

Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Imo, either keep Kenny as manager,or bring someone in with pedigree. Not replace him with just someone who has finished mid table or dodged relegation, albiet with limited resources.

Lambert as far as I can tell clearly has pedigree. He's the exception the proves the rule that lots of managers who look good at lower clubs can't cut it at the higher ones (Like Roy at Liverpool for instance).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Gerty wrote: »
    Lfc owners have decided to keep Dalglish. But they are looking for a DoF. Will someone like Txiki Beguiristain work with KD? Intriguing

Hmmm.

Segura + Borrell + Beguiristain + ? = Success

Fill in the "?"

Guardiola :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

img-haters-gonna-hate-panda-352.jpeg

Of the managers being mentioned between Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert I have to say that my preference would be for Lambert of those 3.
    I still think Owen Coyle is a decent manager. Bolton have lost some good players from last season's squad including Daniel Sturridge, Elmander, Lee Chung Yong, Gary Cahill and Muamba. Not a group of world beaters in that list but quality players for their end of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

img-haters-gonna-hate-panda-352.jpeg

Haha brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

duncan jenkins‏@duncanjenkinsFC

i have a small tit bit. my mole on the wall tells me the rumours are true, #lfc are looking to bring back G.K coach xavi valero this summer

Could be one of the most important signings of the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Hmmm.

So applying the usual rule of Balague being wrong, we can expect Kenny to be sacked now and us not to employ a DoF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Dr Galen wrote: »
    So applying the usual rule of Balague being wrong, we can expect Kenny to be sacked now and us not to employ a DoF.

apart from torres last year obviously:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Both are good up and coming managers but appointing them would be a massive risk. Neither have experience in dealing with the pressures of such a big job. They are both in the situation at the minute where anything above relegation is acceptable. This is in huge contrast to the Liverpool job, where the pressures to make the top 4 within one season are immense and serious questions are asked if this does not occur.

Martinez or Lambert have not had to deal with these types of situations yet and neither had Hodgson who failed drastically. I would prefer to see them get a job at a mid table team before they took the plunge at a job like Liverpool.

If we are in the search for a new manager, the criteria I would be looking for would be:
    - Finished in the top 4 in a league of similar competitiveness i.e Spain, England, Italy, France.
    - A manager with a high profile across Europe which would help attract top players i.e I don't think it would be too prospective too say to potential recruits 'Come to Liverpool and play for Paul Lambert'. They would say who the fack is Paul Lambert. Rafa's reputation in Spain helped him attract players like Alonso.

Rafa ticked these boxes before he joined us, and IMO I think we should be looking at similar candidates. It reduces the risk if the person has achieved similar success somewhere else.

Having said that I would be happy if Kenny is in charge at the start of next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I'm hoping the skrtel wanting out stuff is ****ty Twitter speak only? Him and agger are crucial for us...

Skrtel had a good season but wouldn't be irreplaceable.

Agger would be much harder replace.

He's almost Barcelona/Real Madrid standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

redzerdrog wrote: »

I think that lad could be a bit of a twank....

he just tweeted this.
    duncan jenkinsduncanjenkinsFC
    being asked about daglish. i can confirm kenny will be staying at #lfc, unless he is sacked or quits L.O.L #jokes #allaboardthebanterexpress

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Hmmm.

i'd like to think they aren't still looking for a DOF, I'd like to think they have someone lined up and ready to start by now, after all the season ends tomorrow and we need to start planning for next season yesterday

then again when FSG got involved around 18 months ago I thought they would have decided on a firm stadium strategy and begun to implement it by now

I've a bad feeling next season will be another write-off season with dalglish as a lame duck manager and we won't see the significant changes required until season 2013-2014 - i hope i'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

redzerdrog wrote: »

20335440.jpg

He also gets the liverpool starting XI right every week early, without fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wayne Veysey ‏ @wayneveysey
    Liverpool are about to sign a first-team midfielder. Check out http://Goal.com soon... #lfc
    Ben Rumsby ‏ @benrumsbyPA
    @wayneveysey Is it an overpriced Englishman?
    Wayne Veysey ‏ @wayneveysey
    @benrumsbyPA Ha. No on both counts.

More than likely a load of rubbish but what the hell :)

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

opr wrote: »
    More than likely a load of rubbish but what the hell :)

Opr

Most likely. But still, it's Belhanda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Most likely. But still, it's Belhanda!

Oh please God please let it be .

There's no place like home, theres no place like home, there's no place like home.

Hopefully it's Drenthe, there is already a thread in place about him...and it would be nice to see those supporting him change their tune once he signs.

I've heard it's Elm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

G.K. wrote: »
    Lambert as far as I can tell clearly has pedigree. He's the exception the proves the rule that lots of managers who look good at lower clubs can't cut it at the higher ones (Like Roy at Liverpool for instance).

Sorry maybe I read that wrong but are you saying Lambert has managed a big club and done well with them?

G.K. wrote: »
    I've heard it's Elm.

Can I ask where?

And for the 7 million that is being touted I would be happy with that, he should be at least Charlie Adam good at that price.

More likely Dempsey though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Compilation of Elm against Anderlecht the other night.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Did Elm not make a statement saying he would not be discussing his future with anyone until after the Euros?

Seems like it.

http://blogs.bettor.com/AZs-Rasmus-Elm-I-will-decide-about-my-future-after-Euro-2012-a153465

Banking on a good tournament and a bigger fee?

Skrtel out of tomorrow's match apparently.

Coates has to play but of course it will be Carragher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Elm's agent was making similiar noises in swedish media. Hope its that Belhanda fella though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

The Football Man ‏ @intheknow99
    Liverpool are talking to Rasmus Elm's agent.

Saw this a while ago, didn't really take much notice of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blimey - hold on to your hats (okay its the Mail...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I really hope we play Coates tomorrow!!

The midfielder is Diame I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

@OPR Do you know much about Elm?I've only heard about him really the last two weeks but going on that video if he could play that role for us he'd be perfect for us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement