Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How many seasons end game has Gerrard missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    Possibly a send off for Jones.

Supposedly Reina is sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Ah that makes sense. That was the only issue I had with the line up and subs. Come on Andy..

amiable wrote: »
    Supposedly Reina is sick

Just been confirmed Cheers Amiable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Supposedly Reina is sick

endofpoorformseasonitis?

Report by Jonathan Northcroft in @thetimes that Dalglish and Ayre's role are both under threat at @lfc. Announcement imminent re Kenny.

We'll find out tomorrow but my gut is that Kenny will be kept on but not as manager. Ayre to be either moved out or moved to Commercial manager. Rafa to be unveiled as manager... Okay that part was just for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Hopefully we can end the season with a win. Nice to see Sterling on the bench again. Looking forward to the season ending today.

Why would Ayre be under threat? Would it be because of handling of Suarez incident?

If true, then very few of FSG's appointments have made it through one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

not on the telly is it today?

split screen of thet manchester games and gonna make an omelette for the pool match..

last day...tas been emotional

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would Ayre be under threat? Would it be because of handling of Suarez incident?

If true, then very few of FSG's appointments have made it through one season.

If Ayre is under threat it would probably because he is better on the finance side of things and would be moved to something more suitable IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

If Ayre is under threat it would probably because he is better on the finance side of things and would be moved to something more suitable IMO.

Ayre did brilliant work as commercial director, love to see him moved back into that role but I wonder would he revert to that role?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

murpho999 wrote: »
    endofpoorformseasonitis?

Season ended in March.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ush wrote: »
    Season ended in March.

No it ends today (13th of may)

Season ended in March.

Are you still going on about how Carling Cup win was bad for the club?

That seems to be all that you post.

Yakult wrote: »
    No it ends today (13th of may)

For LFC it ended March 3rd.

For every team it ends today.

I see theres a fixture Swansea vs LFC on today so you must be incorrect in your post.

W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Any omelette recipes for todays game?

• Advertisement

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I see theres a fixture Swansea vs LFC on today so you must be incorrect in your post.

W

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No it definitely ends today. I've checked, we've no matches scheduled after today's away trip to Swansea.

monkey9 wrote: »
    No it definitely ends today. I've checked, we've no matches scheduled after today's away trip to Swansea.

Thank you. I thought the last three months were pre-season.

Thank you. I thought the last three months were pre-season.

We know what you thought but it appears to have slightly backfired... ;)

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    We know what you thought but it appears to have slightly backfired... ;)

Thought? Its what I think. RVP sunk the season.

20356920.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Our worst Premier League season.

Thank you one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

What an awful season. A trophy does not paper over the cracks of what was a truly shocking season. Hopefully we will be looking to push on next season and challenge for a top 4 place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Did not get to see the match today. Disappointing season it must be said. The next few days should be interesting.

Well thank **** this season is over..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Don't fear lads i hear FSG are making plans to sack the cleaning team at Anfield the REAL reason behind out on field woes this season.

• Advertisement

Yakult wrote: »
    Well thank **** this season is over..

Was just about to type the same!! A fitting end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

this has been a worse season than the farce of Souness, and Houllier's last two dreadful season.

on the plus side compared to them, we've a younger side now and a bit of hope going forward into the future.

the game today never really got going at all for us, Doni and Carroll done well.

Typical Swansea maintaing possession, they're like a blend of boring Italians knocking it around the back combined with the Spanish technique and awareness in midfield. I reckon Vorm has had twice as many touches of the ball than any other keeper this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thought? Its what I think. RVP sunk the season.

He may have sunk it but he has no authority to end it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

For all the **** we had to endure this season, I am f'n hoarse after the City match and the way it finished! It has gone someway to making me look back at this season with a smile!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seriously glad this season is over. I really hope Pool will get players in that will improve the squad and clear the dross out. Saying that is a bit of déja vú from last year - but hopefully things will work out better than this year.

Next year will be a better year for the Pool - surely it has to be!

The way the league was won has certainly brought about a little smile on my face though...unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

As has been said thank God this season is finally over! Terrible terrible season. Hopefully things can only get better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

A-Train wrote: »
    As has been said thank God this season is finally over! Terrible terrible season. Hopefully things can only get better!!!

Has been A-Train-Wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Seriously glad this season is over. I really hope Pool will get players in that will improve the squad and clear the dross out. Saying that is a bit of déja vú from last year - but hopefully things will work out better than this year.

Next year will be a better year for the Pool - surely it has to be!

The way the league was won has certainly brought about a little smile on my face though...unreal.

Deja Vu for over 20 years my friend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm not really in a fit state to comment and I'd get banned if I did let it all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Hopefully we see some action fast, either with Kenny getting moved on or confirmation of him staying and getting a move on with signings. I'm hoping for the former to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

In fairness, I think we got more from this season than we deserved. At least todays game was a fair representation. We got what we deserved, which was nothing. I hope that a win in the LC and n FA cup final do not manage to paper over the cracks. FSG seem very like they are on the ball though and I seriously hope that they run the rule over what we have, allow is to work out what we need and go on from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

In terms of a clearout, let's start with Downing. Is it true he has now gone an entire season without a single league goal or assist??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

At least Spurs beat Fulham which stopped Fulham finishing above us, so our point today helped to prevent that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Glad that is over, has had it' ups and down......without turning it into a circle jerk, well played to all the regulars in here who have provided laughs and made the season enjoyable, when things on the pitch were terrible.

Was going to say that at least next season cannot be any worse, but am pretty sure that I, and a few others, said the same thing at the end of last season.

So this year I am going to say that it was all a cunning ruse to lull the rest of the league into a false sense of security, and that next season will be our season.:D

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm not really in a fit state to comment and I'd get banned if I did let it all out.

Ah go on go on go on! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ardent wrote: »
    In terms of a clearout, let's start with Downing. Is it true he has now gone an entire season without a single league goal or assist??

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/21187/stewart-downing?cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Watched the game earlier, was hard work. Very poor once again. I know the game didn't mean much but went out with a whimper. Depressing

Kess73 wrote: »
    At least Spurs beat Fulham which stopped Fulham finishing above us, so our point today helped to prevent that. :)

Swansea 1 - 0 Liverpool

• Advertisement

Delighted that season is over tbh.

Roll on August :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement