Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

If United won the league today it would've fckd up my summer. Fair play City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Feels weird being happy enough on the last day fo the season especially after a Liverpool loss, but the thought of the ribbing that would have gone on had United won would have driven me insane.

Even with 5 minutes to go, United fans on Facebook were acting the bollix, and driving me mad.

Cannot wait to knock them off their pedestal next year though.... ;)

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2012/13, you heard it here first :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

581656_402986093079954_148901881821711_1161907_2121710565_n.jpg

Cisse, always a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Delighted that season is over tbh.

Roll on August :)

eh, I think you mean July...in deepest darkest Europe somewhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Kess73 wrote: »
    At least Spurs beat Fulham which stopped Fulham finishing above us, so our point today helped to prevent that. :)
    What point was that Kess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On a day like today, when the league is won in the most dramatic style you can imagine and Champions League places are decided, we lose to Swansea, finish 16 points off relegation and 37 points behind the Champions and runners-up.

Dalglish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

eh, I think you mean July...in deepest darkest Europe somewhere....

August 1st I think but I'm not sure on that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kenny out, now. G'luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

On a day like today, when the league is won in the most dramatic style you can imagine and Champions League places are decided, we lose to Swansea, finish 16 points off relegation and 37 points behind the Champions and runners-up.

Dalglish out.

Agree, not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

His failure to stir a reaction from the team is telling at this stage.

Either he has no ability to motivate or else he has just signed dross. Possibly both.

Either way, the man is a Liverpool legend, but we need someone to take us forward.

Crucial that we get the right man though, should Kenny be shown the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

retalivity wrote: »
    Cisse, always a red

Nasri is actually his best friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Dalglish out.
    Whatever about the league position thats the bit that really hurts:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Nasri is actually his best friend.

True...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'm not trying to troll but you guys are closer to relegation than to the cl qualifiers. I don't understand how anybody could want Dalglish next year, especially after spending so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

c5c11641.jpg

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Masked Man wrote: »
    I'm not trying to troll but you guys are closer to relegation than to the cl qualifiers. I don't understand how anybody could want Dalglish next year, especially after spending so much.

Think we are all well aware of that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Eh?

They're 5 places from CL vs 10 from the Relegation places.

Or 17 vs 18 if you want to look at it points wise.

I'd check that calculator of yours mate ;)

spockety wrote: »
    Indeed.

Quality post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Quality post.
    Shít quality Trolling.

The United fans are hurting more, you'll get a better reaction there.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Eh?

They're 5 places from CL vs 10 from the Relegation places.

Or 17 vs 18 if you want to look at it points wise.

I'd check that calculator of yours mate ;)

Bolton 36

Liverpool 52

Spurs 69

16 v 17

(I actaully did have to get the calculator :))
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Shít quality Trolling.

The United fans are hurting more, you'll get a better reaction there.

Said I wasn't trolling, try reading the posts. Its not that hard.

Is there not a discussion about KK's future, does league position not factor in to how good a job he's done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well since you bought for the future, the youngsters bought this season plus new singings from a reduced budget next season should at the very minimum make a challenge for top 4. For this reason I think Daglish should be given a chance. Anything less than that and bye bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Ah Downing, moneyball at it's finest...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I think kenny should step aside, after spending a fair whack he has finished 8th with just 52 points, nowhere near good enough, we are easily the worst team in the premier league in position based on transfer spend/wage outlay and to be honest we look aimless and clueless in most games - so the coaching is not up to scratch

radio merseyside are reporting a first teamer has handed in a transfer request, rumoured to be skrtel which again suggests all is not well behind the scenes, we just seem to be run in quite an amateur fashion

the days of the bootroom are over, the days of "back the boys, ynwa, support the team no matter what, kenny is infallible, the liverpool way" should end too as that kind of attitude is holding us back and lowering expectations, i mean i admire that kind of loyalty in one way but i'd prefer to be a ruthless fecker aiming for league titles than a superfan of a team in midtable where the carling cup is the pinnacle of achievement

please kenny, you will always be a club legend, but for the good of the club you love just step aside, if you can't see how diabolical and unacceptable that league season was for a club like liverpool then truly we are fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

sooooooooooo

where do we go from here

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Today I am pondering these guys

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0tv-TULYj4CUv24ChPgt7TtzgSBPDQwGouCJhzs-GNhKNx5sbBg

.. more than these guys ..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZgkqg6gQzj7LSLpFkXRxczTGaX5uTvIgkDXo2Wy81afJcjBtyBg

.. and having regretful feelings about this guy ..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfm5VOlsWtnLvJ0qmR9FhsW2z8IFzb7h48XhNoJ_Ii_jUi-ZAz7w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Skrtel has decided to bail out having had easily his best season having played nearly every game that would be a telling indictment of the management. Makes one wonder if Agger, who has always been more vocal, would follow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

At least that Mickey Thomas will no longer be the most famous title winnin goal.The irony of City winning the title in fergie time.

Hard to know. The club is f*cked. Will take years to repair the damage caused over the last 3 seasons or so. Don't think we will see CL football for at least another two seasons (assuming the owners make the necessary wholesale changes).

• Advertisement

Bolton 36

Is there not a discussion about KK's future, does league position not factor in to how good a job he's done?

There's been discussion about it for months now.
    Maybe people aren't in the mood to jump to it just cos you say so.
    But as you mention it there have been several posters on here today calling for him to leave.
    They are entitled to that opinion. My own is that he should be given another year to sort things out.

Match goers will be happy to know ticket prices are frozen for next season (they'd be risking a riot if they put them up after the home form!)

mike65 wrote: »
    If Skrtel has decided to bail out having had easily his best season having played nearly every game that would be a telling indictment of the management. Makes one wonder if Agger, who has always been more vocal, would follow.

Skrtel is 27 and no doubt at his age moving on to challenge for titles is crossing his mind at this stage and who could blame him.
    Hopefully Skrtel and Agger stay next season and Liverpool keep a solid backline to build from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

daRobot wrote: »
    Ah Downing, moneyball at it's finest...

Downing's signing wasn't moneyball.

amiable wrote: »
    There's been discussion about it for months now.
    Maybe people aren't in the mood to jump to it just cos you say so.
    But as you mention it there have been several posters on here today calling for him to leave.
    They are entitled to that opinion. My own is that he should be given another year to sort things out.

I'm not saying they have to jump on it, if they don't want to discuss it just don't. No need to try be a dick about it.

Do you think he'll change? If your buy some of the foreign players your linked with I could see things picking up (don't know that much about them, but they seem quality from what I've read). But the way Kenny has come across in interviews this season is a bit stubborn. Hopefully that's just purely him going for the them against us mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

how'd we play against Swansea, anyone catch the game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I heard a new one today, Martinez being lined up with KK moving upstairs. Makes no sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

G.K. wrote: »
    Downing's signing wasn't moneyball.

What was it based on then? It certainly wasn't from watching him play.

I heard a new one today, Martinez being lined up with KK moving upstairs. Makes no sense to me.

That's been talked about a fair bit on here today.
    I think Kenny should be given another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kenny should move out, not up, Club should move on.

I'm not saying they have to jump on it, if they don't want to discuss it just don't. No need to try be a dick about it.

Do you think he'll change? If your buy some of the foreign players your linked with I could see things picking up (don't know that much about them, but they seem quality from what I've read). But the way Kenny has come across in interviews this season is a bit stubborn. Hopefully that's just purely him going for the them against us mentality.

Not being a dick about anything.
    I addressed the points you made.
    You didn't like the reply and accuse me of being a dick about it.
    You don't know about some of these players Liverpool are linked with but if they do sign them it would be good?
    Fair enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

just heard about Martinez....great manager but....strange one?

its one of those rumours so strange it might not be made up

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Well a dire end to a dire season, the whole CityVUtd thing has overshadowed what a woefull league it has been for us. Carling cup at least and the FAcup final to at least stop some embarresment.

Not sure what kenny will do or what should be done, Id have to say give him another year, if we do or dont we still aint gona be much better off next season.
    Still feel if we had some god damn luck in the first half of season the 2nd half might have been totally different, all the posts and missed chances and bad ref decisons takes it toll, players start to feel sorry for themselves and it shows in performances, ah well lets just be glad Utd didnt win there 20th.

El Spearo wrote: »
    just heard about Martinez....great manager but....strange one?

its one of those rumours so strange it might not be made up

There's so much momentum behind the rumour I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it.

amiable wrote: »
    Not being a dick about anything.
    I addressed the points you made.
    You didn't like the reply and accuse me of being a dick about it.
    You don't know about some of these players Liverpool are linked with but if they do sign them it would be good?
    Fair enough :)

Meant other people didn't need to be a dick, not you. Your usually pretty good about having a discussion about whatever.

Would love to see Martinez at a big club with funds to spend, think he has all the hallmarks of a top a manager. Just not sure if he's ready yet for a club of Liverpool's size and ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The likes of Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers, while potentially top managers in the future are not their yet & may never get there (Coyle & McLeish are two examples from recent seasons). The idea of replacing Kenny with any of them does nothing for me. If there was a genuine proven world class manager who we could get in available, I'd be more open to the idea of a change in manager.

As disappointing as this season has been, seeing where we're at next season under Kenny is the best path to take IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

El Spearo wrote: »
    sooooooooooo

where do we go from here

PUB

Just looking through the first two threads for the season (and last summer), depressing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The likes of Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers, while potentially top managers in the future are not their yet & may never get there (Coyle & McLeish are two examples from recent seasons). The idea of replacing Kenny with any of them does nothing for me. If there was a genuine proven world class manager who we could get in available, I'd be more open to the idea of a change in manager.

As disappointing as this season has been, seeing where we're at next season under Kenny is the best path to take IMO.

It's honeslty one of the worst ideas and it pains me that it is continuously mentioned. We've seen where we are at with Kenny, either stick with him now for the nxt 4 years or move on. This whole "oh one more year" is painful stupid and short-sighted. Being realisitc even Kenny can't do a much worse job and if he does a better one then how can he be sacked next year if he takes us 6th? It's not possible to just give him one more year. I think he should be gotten rid of now because in my eyes he's clearly shown he doesn't have the ability to ever make us premier league challengers or Champions league ones. challengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

If people thought things were going to be rosy after 1 aggressive summer spend in 4/5 years then you have no patience for what is actually required. IMO it would take 3 years of aggressive spend to overhaul what Dalglish inherited.

This squad still has a ship load of 'trash' to address from the decisions made pre the current owners.

A mistake we made this year was not getting another striker, we had no options up front.

Happy to have KK get another year at least. Hopefully not lose key players in Lucas/Gerrard/Suarez for large chunks of the season next term and have a bit of luck in front of goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement