Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If he goes in to the meeting with the FSG lads with the same attitude he has with the press he`s not gonna last long,is he?

Because he's going to talk to his boss the same way he talks to Andy Burton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If he goes in to the meeting with the FSG lads with the same attitude he has with the press he`s not gonna last long,is he?

Also I don't think Henry & Co will be asking stupid inane questions like Geoff Shreeves.

Did you hear him yesterday with Mancini?

So Roberto how does it feel?

Did you think it was possible with 90 mins gone?

Really unimaginative stuff.

Anyhow, I thought there was supposed to be a press conference today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He doesn't suffer fools gladly. It isn't that he is a dislikeable or stupid man. I'd imagine he respects John Henry and is polite and attentive in his dealings with him.

Basically the media and fans of other clubs can go **** themselves. That's where I am on Kenny's media handling and that's where I'll stay. Modern football journalism really is ****ing irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I don't read any sports section any more and the only punditry team I spend much time watching are the RTE boys for the craic. Zonalmarking.net, football forums and watching the ****ing games with my own two eyes is enough for me. The clubs release official announcements for everything eventually.

I'd be happiest if the club stopped doing all interviews / engagements with media and just communicated to the world through our own website and TV channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This might interest some of you, surprised it has not been posted already.

As4I2YFCEAA5j5Q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He doesn't suffer fools gladly. It isn't that he is a dislikeable or stupid man. I'd imagine he respects John Henry and is polite and attentive in his dealings with him.

Basically the media and fans of other clubs can go **** themselves. That's where I am on Kenny's media handling and that's where I'll stay. Modern football journalism really is ****ing irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I don't read any sports section any more and the only punditry team I spend much time watching are the RTE boys for the craic. Zonalmarking.net, football forums and watching the ****ing games with my own two eyes is enough for me. The clubs release official announcements for everything eventually.

I'd be happiest if the club stopped doing all interviews / engagements with media and just communicated to the world through our own website and TV channel.

Haha that's some 4th Reich stuff right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hazard has said he will play in Manchester next season, can only presume its for City. We should definitely send a probe out to flush out the availability of Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

As4I2YFCEAA5j5Q.jpg

stream????

daithijjj wrote: »
    Hazard has said he will play in Manchester next season, can only presume its for City. We should definitely send a probe out to flush out the availability of Johnson.

I don't seem to rate Adam Johnson as highly as most people

As4I2YFCEAA5j5Q.jpg

Shane Tracy used to be at Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Limerick 1 Liverpool Reserves 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

amiable wrote: »
    Shane Tracy used to be at Arsenal

So did Dave O'Leary.;)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    So did Dave O'Leary.;)

Was waiting to see if anyone would spot that :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Has that Texiera lad played for the reserves yet? I haven't been following them much since Christmas unfortunately apart from the NextGen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

You can't expect to take 10s of millions of sky each year and then not provide them with interviews.
    The paid 1.7 billion for 3 years I'd be expecting blood from managers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

It's all well and good saying fck the media and other fans and all but that doesn't really wash with me. This was supposed to be the season where we brought back a bit of self-respect back to the club on and off the pitch after the H&G era but unfortunately it was just more of the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I don't seem to rate Adam Johnson as highly as most people
    me neither, he's a good impact player but how much better than Downing is he? and would anyone have rated him higher than Downing when we bought Downing

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dotsey wrote: »
    me neither, he's a good impact player but how much better than Downing is he? and would anyone have rated him higher than Downing when we bought Downing

Without a doubt. Considering I never rated Downing anyhow, that's not saying much, but Adam Johnson can actually beat a man with a trick and put in a cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

daithijjj wrote: »
    more overated English players
    no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I would have much preferred Adam Johnson at the time we bought Downing, but this season of the little glimpses and cameo's he has had. I don't think he'd improve us one bit. He seems weak mentally hence not getting much game time with City as well. Doesn't track back much, but admittedly has talent.

All the eyes would be on him to for us deliver and I couldn't see him handling that pressure at all. It's not likely we'll sign him any ways though is it?

We haven't signed a proper winger in God knows how long? Kewell had potential, but failed so much.

All that being said I'd take risk if we could get him for about 10 mill, but no chance that's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

one all draw in the match in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

@thisisanfield: RT: @OliPriceBates: Liverpool and Tottenham are set to go head to head for Luuk de Jong who will cost them around £12.5m #thfc #lfc

Emmm

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    God I don't know if my blood pressure could take Rafa being back at the club.

If we're not in the top 4 at Christmas, retards will call for his head.

If we are in the top 4, retards will call for his head for not having us top of the league.

retards..? because they dont want rafa..?

no matter which manger we get If we're not in the top 4 at Christmas, retards will call for his head.
    no matter which manger If we are in the top 4, retards will call for his head for not having us top of the league.

for me the retards are the ones that want him back, really dont understand wanting him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

koppy wrote: »

no matter which manger we get If we're not in the top 4 at Christmas, retards will call for his head.
    no matter which manger If we are in the top 4, retards will call for his head for not having us top of the league.

for me the retards are the ones that want him back, really dont understand wanting him back.
    i agree
    his football is horrible to watch too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

koppy wrote: »

MD1990 wrote: »
    i agree
    his football is horrible to watch too

We were spoiled under Rafa......some people have very short memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have we signed Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik and Sneidjer yet? Season is over a day already for God's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

darced wrote: »

At least we were scoring goals instead of hitting the post every game.

I dunno how people found his football boring, we were scoring goals for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

darced wrote: »

I know I used to hate the days when we played Champions League football. Dreadful, boring competition.

At least under Rafa we had a direction and a purpose on the pitch and each player knew his role.

Take the FA Cup final for example and tell me we either;

A. Played good exciting football
    B. Looked like we even had a ****ing clue what we were doing until Carroll came on.

It just didn't happen.

We often played great football under Rafa and the myth around him being boring is just that. A myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We scored just over half the amount of goals City did, go us. Difference of 57 goals in our goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Because he's going to talk to his boss the same way he talks to Andy Burton?

Oh dear...what I posted didn`t come across as I meant it to.

I was trying to be funny but it seems I`m about as funny as Adam Sandler:(

However his increasing paranoia and tetchiness (is that a word?) is getting very bloody annoying.

It`s not just the moronic questions that brings this out in him either,as someone else said...it`s every question these days.

I`m old enough to remember him as a player so I love the guy but I think it`s becoming obvious he can`t handle it any more. It`s time to step aside while he still has a bit of his dignity intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

God I hope Rafa doesn't come back.

I remember us putting 4 past Madrid and United and five past Villa in consecutive games, and cringing at the way he had the team playing.

Awful stuff Ted.

Super-Rush wrote: »

I remember us putting 4 past Madrid and United and five past Villa in consecutive games, and cringing at the way he had the team playing.

Awful stuff Ted.

That period of football was in spite of Rafa, not because of him, we went into complete collapse under his 'default settings' during the winter months prior to that. We reverted to type not long after.

I dont like his style, he is too rigid, in his team and his personality. He bought and sold or fell out with almost every creative player he brought to the club. That's fine, he is entitled to do whatever he likes while manager, doesnt mean i like watching it.

The game we lost at home to Arsenal this year was some of the best we have played in a very long time. Im perfectly content with Kenny for next season, i expect him to make changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super-Rush wrote: »

Awful stuff Ted.

Yeah, and we only scored one in the Bernabeau when we beat Madrid and only two in the Nou Camp when we beat Barca!! Shocking stuff alright. Embarrassing nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

And the time we beat Inter in the San Siro, and at Anfield. Disgraceful performances

EDIT - Or was that a draw in the San Siro? Either way, terrible stuff

Oh dear...what I posted didn`t come across as I meant it to.

I was trying to be funny but it seems I`m about as funny as Adam Sandler:(

However his increasing paranoia and tetchiness (is that a word?) is getting very bloody annoying.

It`s not just the moronic questions that brings this out in him either,as someone else said...it`s every question these days.

I`m old enough to remember him as a player so I love the guy but I think it`s becoming obvious he can`t handle it any more. It`s time to step aside while he still has a bit of his dignity intact.

Don't worry, I'v e picked a few people up wrong on here over the last few days so sorry about that.

With some of these reporters it's not just the silly questions they ask Kenny though. There's a bit of background with some of these incidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

aaronh007 wrote: »

We won. 0-1. Torres with the goal. Won me a fair few quid.

Or when we beat Barca in the Camp Nou. Not a bad night that.

ush wrote: »
    FA cup semi-final was in April. The wheels came off in March, at the latest.

Have you forgotten Bolton away? That was in January. Sandwiched between cup ties, in the middle of the Suarez mess, the team didn't turn up for a league match. League aspirations were melting.

Was it "Andy Carroll" who said on here that Kenny's brief was to get top 4. He ignored his brief and concentrated on cups.

Now Kenny losing the faith of the squad is a more reasonable explanation than the squad only being good enough for 8th. I think the quality is there, especially when Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea are wobbling.

If you don't accept him losing the squad or think the squad isn't good enough, what are you left with by way of explanation? A team that was allowed to consistently put in woeful performances and didn't beat the teams they should have. That is a far more damning verdict on Kenny.

The wheels came off in March?? I don't exactly remember us blowing away the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea etc in the first part of the season!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Don't worry, I'v e picked a few people up wrong on here over the last few days so sorry about that.

With some of these reporters it's not just the silly questions they ask Kenny though. There's a bit of background with some of these incidents.

No worries.

Yeah,that would make sense because all of the managers get asked the same ridiculous questions but they don`t all react like KD so there must be something there.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    And the time we beat Inter in the San Siro, and at Anfield. Disgraceful performances

We beat Inter home and away that season. That was an embarrassing Champions League campaign though. I think we only reached the Semi finals that year!

monkey9 wrote: »
    The wheels came off in March?? I don't exactly remember us blowing away the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea etc in the first part of the season!!

You expect us to beat everyone?! :eek:

Until the Arsenal game we were still in for a CL place. Arguably the QPR game even.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

campo wrote: »
    Cant see them flying Kenny all the way to Boston to sack him sure they have more respect for the man then that, If they were to sack him I am sure Werner would fly into Liverpool to meet him just like he did for Comolli

Comolli was in the states the week before Werner and Henry came to Merseyside to part company with him, more then likely doing what Kenny & Clarke are doing, giving their end of season report.

I don't think they'll part company with kenny though, more problems structurally wrong with the club then the manager;

No CL
    No Stadium Resolution
    No Director of football
    No Director of communications
    No Commercial Director
    No Head of Science & Fitness
    A weak MD in Ian Ayre (his strengths are commercial & sponsorship)

It's a great shame Rafa can't be persuaded to take a DOF role, strategically thinking about a vision for the club, scouting, planning for the future through the academy. I know he's relatively young and has aspirations to manage again though.

It is a make or break summer for lfc, a lot of things need to be to right and I'm not just talking about transfers and the manager.

Tony Barrett saying in tomorrows Times that we're hoping to bring in Elm & Belhandra in the summer. Positive news.

I know how highly Belhandra is rated, what are people's thoughts on Elm? He looked impressive the that video posted the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Tony Barrett saying in tomorrows Times that we're hoping to bring in Elm & Belhandra in the summer. Positive news.

I know how highly Belhandra is rated, what are people's thoughts on Elm? He looked impressive the that video posted the other night.

Simon Clancy on twitter had it as well;
    @SiClancy: Liverpool "branching out" with plans to sign Rasmus Elm and Younès Belhanda.”

Belhanda won young player of the year tonight, don't know much about Elm. If true we're hardly signing players and sacking kenny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

PFL wrote: »
    Comolli was in the states the week before Werner and Henry came to Merseyside to part company with him, more then likely doing what Kenny & Clarke are doing, giving their end of season report.

I don't think they'll part company with kenny though, more problems structurally wrong with the club then the manager;

No CL
    No Stadium Resolution
    No Director of football
    No Director of communications
    No Commercial Director
    No Head of Science & Fitness
    A weak MD in Ian Ayre (his strengths are commercial & sponsorship)

It's a great shame Rafa can't be persuaded to take a DOF role, strategically thinking about a vision for the club, scouting, planning for the future through the academy. I know he's relatively young and has aspirations to manage again though.

It is a make or break summer for lfc, a lot of things need to be to right and I'm not just talking about transfers and the manager.
    Rafa is also an excellent tactician on the football field so I think he would be wasted in a role like that, while he was our manager he had a vision for the club which is why Segura and Borrell are at The Academy now

PFL wrote: »
    Simon Clancy on twitter had it as well

He got it from Tony Barrett. Said so in his next tweet.
    PFL wrote:
    Belhanda won young player of the year tonight, don't know much about Elm. If true we're hardly signing players and sacking kenny?

I think it's always been unlikely Kenny would be getting the bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can't say the video of him posted really captured my imagination. Perhaps he is good but the video didn't show a lot to me.

Turns out we did bid for Jones last year (according to this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

If Kenny goes I'd have no qualms with Rafa coming back assuming there are no other outstanding candidates available IE. pep, mourinho, Klop etc but what are the odds that FSG are gonna turn back the clock like that again and choose another former manager when that very tactic had backfired for them with Kenny. Just can't see it happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement