Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He got it from Tony Barrett. Said so in his next tweet.

I think it's always been unlikely Kenny would be getting the bullet.

So he did, I just seen his next tweet, Jim Boardman tweeted a pic of the article saying we're trying to get Xavi Valero back as well. Tony Barrett usually quite reliable with his info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He doesn't suffer fools gladly. It isn't that he is a dislikeable or stupid man. I'd imagine he respects John Henry and is polite and attentive in his dealings with him.

Basically the media and fans of other clubs can go **** themselves. That's where I am on Kenny's media handling and that's where I'll stay. Modern football journalism really is ****ing irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I don't read any sports section any more and the only punditry team I spend much time watching are the RTE boys for the craic. Zonalmarking.net, football forums and watching the ****ing games with my own two eyes is enough for me. The clubs release official announcements for everything eventually.

I'd be happiest if the club stopped doing all interviews / engagements with media and just communicated to the world through our own website and TV channel.

RAWK sounds like your type of forum rather than here. Liverpool take the medias millions directly and indirectly, the club would be bunched without it.

You know that of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Newcaslte haven't had to much trouble recovering from financial disadvantage. Also if we take out his care-taker period then has a net spend of about £45m+ on pretty poor players. Lucas is a great example, Kenny doesn't bother getting in a back-up DM and also thinks he can play Lucas in every single game, extremely poor management tbh.

I'd wait another season before passing judgment on Newcastle myself. but yeah, great stuff.

I don't think he could have solved the DM problem as we had other priorities. Personally I think spending maybe £7/8 Million on a DM back up would have been a poor use of resources, and still would. I'd have taken the Henderson money and spent it on a partner for Lucas who could fill in for Lucas if required. That's the level we are at, we've loads of gaps to fill and tbh he did spend in the immediate areas that needed attention. Not spending in January would a big issue I'd have, but I don't know if that was down to him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rafa's targets obviously. FSG doing a good job of pretending that it's a tough decision, nice touch lads.

:P

5starpool wrote: »
    Without a doubt. Considering I never rated Downing anyhow, that's not saying much, but Adam Johnson can actually beat a man with a trick and put in a cross.

I've a notion the media linked us to him but it was dismissed as the usual nonsense, I think most of us thought they wouldn't sell to us and he'd cost a fortune, nobody thought we'd splash £20 Million on Downing though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

K-9 wrote: »
    I've a notion the media linked us to him but it was dismissed as the usual nonsense, I think most of us thought they wouldn't sell to us and he'd cost a fortune, nobody thought we'd splash £20 Million on Downing though!

*puts ears in fingers* LA LA LA LA LA LA IF YOU DON'T SAY IT IT ISN'T TRUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

We didn't, it was £18.5m. The £1.5m does make him seem like a bargain. :D

Right, Villa finished a couple of points off relegation. We will give him Downing back if they forget about the whole sorry affair and cancel any further payments that are due on Stew.

koppy wrote: »
    retards..? because they dont want rafa..?

no matter which manger we get If we're not in the top 4 at Christmas, retards will call for his head.
    no matter which manger If we are in the top 4, retards will call for his head for not having us top of the league.

for me the retards are the ones that want him back, really dont understand wanting him back.

I think he could manage Downing and Henderson very well, get all this potential everybody seems to talk about Henderson out of him and make Downing effective. I think he could get the best out of Enrique and Adam too. I don't think it's retarded wanting him back if people are talking about Lambert and Martinez, despite my defence of him.

I'd see Rafa as an upgrade on Kenny.

I think he could manage Downing and Henderson very well, get all this potential everybody seems to talk about Henderson out of him and make Downing effective. I think he could get the best out of Enrique and Adam too. I don't think it's retarded wanting him back if people are talking about Lambert and Martinez, despite my defence of him.

I'd see Rafa as an upgrade on Kenny.

There's only so much you can get out of players of that calibre.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Tony Barrett saying in tomorrows Times that we're hoping to bring in Elm & Belhandra in the summer. Positive news.

I know how highly Belhandra is rated, what are people's thoughts on Elm? He looked impressive the that video posted the other night.

Belhandra is a City target if Hazard doesn't sign apparently. So we are crossing our fingers Hazard signs for City. Kess will be impressed and equally unimpressed, a very divided man.

It's hard to see a player choosing us after City's interest. Even if City go for someone else, he'll obviously realise he can do better.

There's only so much you can get out of players of that calibre.

It would be a heck of a lot better than we are getting now! We're stuck with that £110 Million we spent I think for another season at least. The owners would be mad to sell Henderson, Carroll and Downing in particular, £69 odd Million (thanks Dotsey!) spent right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Belhandra is a City target if Hazard doesn't sign apparently. So we are crossing our fingers Hazard signs for City. Kess will be impressed and equally unimpressed, a very divided man.

Belhanda would be a quality buy, and in terms of potential I think he would not be far behind Hazard although they are very different players and excel in different positions (although I do think that Hazard will go on to be a top class CAM as well as a top class winger)

Hazard's father was in Manchester a few weeks back, so methinks that he is City bound.

Belhanda I would love for us to get, but I would be a bit concerned if he was being bought to be a traditional winger. He is good in that role but he really excels as a CAM/CM that roams. If we do get Belhanda and play him in his best position, then Henderson, Adam and Shelvey are going to have to take a back seat and none of them come close to Belhanda in terms of ability and heart, and given that Belhanda is only 4 months older than Henderson he could be a fixture for a long time if he arrives.

Belhanda at 22 is, imho of course, as good in his best position as the 22 year old Xabi Alonso was in his when he arrived at Liverpool. Now before anyone gets confused and thinks they are similar players, what I mean is that Belhanda is on par with how good Alonso was at a similar age and I think that he will go on to be a top level CAM/CM in the not too distant future. Would be a very very exciting signing.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Belhanda would be a quality buy, and in terms of potential I think he would not be far behind Hazard although they are very different players and excel in different positions (although I do think that Hazard will go on to be a top class CAM as well as a top class winger)

Hazard's father was in Manchester a few weeks back, so methinks that he is City bound.

Belhanda I would love for us to get, but I would be a bit concerned if he was being bought to be a traditional winger. He is good in that role but he really excels as a CAM/CM that roams. If we do get Belhanda and play him in his best position, then Henderson, Adam and Shelvey are going to have to take a back seat and none of them come close to Belhanda in terms of ability and heart, and given that Belhanda is only 4 months older than Henderson he could be a fixture for a long time if he arrives.

Belhanda at 22 is, imho of course, as good in his best position as the 22 year old Xabi Alonso was in his when he arrived at Liverpool. Now before anyone gets confused and thinks they are similar players, what I mean is that Belhanda is on par with how good Alonso was at a similar age and I think that he will go on to be a top level CAM/CM in the not too distant future. Would be a very very exciting signing.

Jesus, forgot that Xabi was that young when he signed.

My brother called me three times now from his holiday repeating...

Allahu Akbar King Kenny, Allahu Akbar king Kenny! (hahahaha)
    Also: Allahu Akbar Andy Carroll, Allahu Akbar Andy Carroll is a jihadist agent.

Starting to suspect that he may be drunk. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

daithijjj wrote: »
    That period of football was in spite of Rafa, not because of him, we went into complete collapse under his 'default settings' during the winter months prior to that. We reverted to type not long after.

I dont like his style, he is too rigid, in his team and his personality. He bought and sold or fell out with almost every creative player he brought to the club. That's fine, he is entitled to do whatever he likes while manager, doesnt mean i like watching it.

The game we lost at home to Arsenal this year was some of the best we have played in a very long time. Im perfectly content with Kenny for next season, i expect him to make changes.

Some people wont give the man anything.......ffs i wasnt his biggest fan but that is some garbage your spouting.

The game we lost at home to Arsenal was some of the best we've played? Give me a break, do you know who you are sounding like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It's funny how Tony Barrett reveals that Liverpool are trying to sign Rasmus Elm and Belhanda and all of a sudden all the transfer speculation/ITK's on twitter are running the same stories with only a small few as far as I can see crediting Tony Barrett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

amiable wrote: »
    It's funny how Tony Barrett reveals that Liverpool are trying to sign Rasmus Elm and Belhanda and all of a sudden all the transfer speculation/ITK's on twitter are running the same stories with only a small few as far as I can see crediting Tony Barrett.

They might be using the same source within the club

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Photo%2015-05-2012%2008%2017%2029.png?dl=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Boyzone are playing madison square gardens at the same time .
    That's more Kennys thing.

Baseball smaseball .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He doesn't suffer fools gladly. It isn't that he is a dislikeable or stupid man. I'd imagine he respects John Henry and is polite and attentive in his dealings with him.

Basically the media and fans of other clubs can go **** themselves. That's where I am on Kenny's media handling and that's where I'll stay. Modern football journalism really is ****ing irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I don't read any sports section any more and the only punditry team I spend much time watching are the RTE boys for the craic. Zonalmarking.net, football forums and watching the ****ing games with my own two eyes is enough for me. The clubs release official announcements for everything eventually.

I'd be happiest if the club stopped doing all interviews / engagements with media and just communicated to the world through our own website and TV channel.

Haha that's some 4th Reich stuff right there.

There is no truth or insight to be found in the dreary process that is modern football media. Speculation, misquotes and out of context bull**** is what you get when the bloody obvious is not being stated. Our image will never be improved by that machine, nor would it be worsened by a refusal to engage with it.

I mean, do people actually read or watch the rubbish that is put out? Bollocks the lot of it. I mean how many outlets ran "Suarez to PSG" bile a few months back? How many "Martinez to Liverpool" headlines ran on Sunday? "Club insiders" the source obviously. If any of you pay attention to this menagerie of idiocy or put stock in it then you are naive at best. They just put thIngs out there that they know you'll lap up. After all, what English beat writers will have inside info or a working relationship with FSG? They know **** all, they just get paid to put out their half formed theories and trolling.

It doesn't matter. You win games you get a positive spin. You lose games the landscape is negative. Just win more games and the rest won't matter.

mike65 wrote: »

RAWK sounds like your type of forum rather than here. Liverpool take the medias millions directly and indirectly, the club would be bunched without it.

You know that of course.

We don't have any exclusive deals cut with Sky / BBC / etc. You know this too. We fall under the EPL umbrella like everyone else. The fans will still tune in from all around the world to watch our games irrespective of whether we're providing meaningless soundbites or not.

And you can **** right off with that RAWK dig. I'm more than happy to discuss Liverpool with someone like cson on here or take on board a criticism of our tactics on zonal marking, etc. Well formed and objective analysis is not what is provided by traditional media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saw mention of Phil Jones a few posts back....had actually forgotten about him until I saw him hanging about with Lord Ferg after the game on Sunday.

Has he made any impact at all this season? Or has Henderson taken all the flak for the over-priced & underperforming unproven English signings.

Anyhoo, hope the managerial situation is confirmed one way or another soon - the last thing the club needs is month's of faffing about and uncertainty.

Leiva wrote: »
    Boyzone are playing madison square gardens at the same time .
    That's more Kennys thing.

Baseball smaseball .
    Maybe Kenny went with Linda?

Sami Hyypia has extended his contract as manager at Bayer Leverkusen until 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

PFL wrote: »
    Photo%2015-05-2012%2008%2017%2029.png?dl=1

Kenny was sent off to buy some hotdogs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ush wrote: »

Don't be ridiculous. He's obviously just been sacked. Look at John Henry's face. Does he look happy? no, he looks like a man who just fired a legend.

I just can't believe it. RIP Kenny. Long live the king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rasmus Elm is not committing to anyone until after the euros. I smell a stall for more money...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to Sami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ush wrote: »

What are you talking about? That's Kenny in the yellow shirt!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? That's Kenny in the yellow shirt!

Yup - he is shouting "Lets gooo Red Socks, Yankies-Succckk"

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

spockety wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous. He's obviously just been sacked. Look at John Henry's face. Does he look happy? no, he looks like a man who just fired a legend.

I just can't believe it. RIP Kenny. Long live the king.

It looks like Kenny just sacked John Henry......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Jon Clark ‏ @jon9clark
    @JimBoardman Belhanda looks class...Elm is Charlie Adam 2.0. Very limited mobility and most of his goals & assists are from set plays. #LFC

Eeek...

amiable wrote: »
    Sami Hyypia has extended his contract as manager at Bayer Leverkusen until 2015

Yep saw that. The German FA have allowed him to take up the role as long as he gets the proper qualifications withion a set period and because the club have appointed Sascha Lewandowski, who has the required badges, alongside Sami.

Great news for Sami and I hope he does really well.

• Advertisement

Jesus, forgot that Xabi was that young when he signed.

Yep he was that young and in many ways it puts the quality level of our most recent young players into context when one looks at how much we spent. What we spent should have seen us get young players ready for the first team, not players who might be good enough in a few years.

With any luck we will get Belhanda and get a young player of real quality for right now.

As7R2jUCQAAFenL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

With any luck we will get Belhanda and get a young player of real quality for right now.

I have resigned myself to the fact that there will be speculation about very good young players every summer but the reality will be that we wont sign them, we rarely do

I had high hopes last summer but am hoping that by lowering them this summer I wont be as disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

it could be chinese wispa's but rumours that kenny dalglish has walked and is no longer #lfc manager. i am awaiting news from my mole source

From that guy Duncan Jenkins he's usually reliable isn't be ?

it could be chinese wispa's but rumours that kenny dalglish has walked and is no longer #lfc manager. i am awaiting news from my mole source

Two big rumours going around today. One involving Kenny and the second involving Reina.

• Advertisement

Tony Evans ‏ @TonyEvansTimes
    Let's all be calm. The rumourmongers are running wild. No evidence at all to suggest Dalglish no longer manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As7R2jUCQAAFenL.jpg

That in the Everton club store?

And the Skrtel rumour has popped up again alongside the Reina one. Have to love the summer months :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Rumours flying all over the place that it will be announced today Kenny is gone.

Opr

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Two big rumours going around today. One involving Kenny and the second involving Reina.

Thanks for passing them on...?

This is the kind of **** I love. Kenny flew over for a meeting yesterday and we've yet to receive any post meeting interview or statement that confirms him to continue as manager so...LET'S SPECULATE THAT HE ISN'T MANAGER!!

The great thing about this sort of bull**** is that you will hit a bullseye occassionaly despite the fact that you throw the majority of your darts with a blindfold on.

opr wrote: »
    Rumours flying all over the place that it will be announced today Kenny is gone.

Opr

Yanga-Mbiwa or Ogbonna to replace Skrtel is one.

Adler on a free to replace Reina is another.

Kenny having handed in his notice is the third.

This is the kind of **** I love. Kenny flew over for a meeting yesterday and we've yet to receive any post meeting interview or statement that confirms his as manager so...LET'S SPECULATE THAT HE ISN'T MANAGER!!

The great thing about this sort of bull**** is that you will hit a bullseye occassionaly despite the fact that you throw the majority of your darts with a blindfold on.

Hence me saying they were rumours, and the thread is called the Liverpool teamtalk/Gossip/Rumours thread.

spockety wrote: »
    Thanks for passing them on...?

Just thought I would throw them out there. Two were mentioned on local radio this morning and one I read online.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement