Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kess73 wrote: »
    Adler on a free to replace Reina is another.

Didnt someone say that he had agreed a deal with some german club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Didnt someone say that he had agreed a deal with some german club.

He was rumoured to have done so, but nothing has been confirmed. The player himself has been quoted a number of times as wanting to come to England, although he did seem to have his eye on joining United for a long time going by what he said in interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Yanga-Mbiwa or Ogbonna to replace Skrtel is one.

Adler on a free to replace Reina is another.

Kenny having handed in his notice is the third.

67117-lara-pulver-sherlock-pbs__crop-landscape-534x0.jpg

Will definitely be having a peek at your games next season then...

67117-lara-pulver-sherlock-pbs__crop-landscape-534x0.jpg

Will definitely be having a peek at your games next season then...

That his other half?

That in the Everton club store?

Dunno, someone posted it on the twitter machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She's the bird in Sherlock who got her kit off rather pleasingly isn't she?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Thats Irene Adler from Sherlock Holmes, she is a honey as you may well of noticed.

mike65 wrote: »
    She's the bird in Sherlock who got her kit off rather pleasingly isn't she?

Correct...goes by the name of "Adler".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Mike Jefferies ‏ @mikejefferiesL4
    Ding dong the King is gone!
    Alan Kayll‏@alantkayll
    Busy day today!!
    Wayne Gordon‏@Gunga__Din
    I think Kenny might have left the building. #LFC

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Who's Alan Kayll, and Wayne Gordon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

One of The Anfield Wrap contributors said this morning that he has just seen Kenny at Heathrow on twitter, tweeting another TAW lad. Later admitted he'd meant to say it privately.

https://twitter.com/#!/Daniel_IV_/status/202289709681086464

I suppose you could read into it in a few different ways and reach different conclusions. I can't imagine he had lengthy discussions with the owners about the Summer transfer business if he's back already though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just for some balance. Other reports say that Kenny was due to go on a family holiday tomorrow which is why he's back in Liverpool so soon.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Just for some balance. Other reports say that Kenny was due to go on a family holiday tomorrow which is why he's back in Liverpool so soon.

Opr

Shouldn't he be snapping up players! :mad::pac:

opr wrote: »

Opr

Which would make perfect sense as well. One thing I had not twigged from the pics online was that Clarke was at the baseball game, so one would imagine that I one was gone so would the other. The fact Clarke was at the game adds weight, in my mind anyway, to the idea that Kenny is back to go on holiday as I doubt if Clarke would have been at the game had Clarke been let go.

Liverpool FC are "refusing to comment" on Dalglish rumours.

Source:- Talksport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Which would make perfect sense as well. One thing I had not twigged from the pics online was that Clarke was at the baseball game, so one would imagine that I one was gone so would the other. The fact Clarke was at the game adds weight, in my mind anyway, to the idea that Kenny is back to go on holiday as I doubt if Clarke would have been at the game had Clarke been let go.

I thought the same, if Kenny was to go surely his coaching team would aswell - SOME CLARITY PLEASE FSG!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ominous.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

PFL wrote: »
    I thought the same, if Kenny was to go surely his coaching team would aswell - SOME CLARITY PLEASE FSG!!!:mad:

Unless he's stepped down.

Bearing in mind the shambolic state of LFC press office its hard to know if the lack of a statement from the club to put out these fires is just SNAFU or not.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Unless he's stepped down.

That's the rumour I'm reading - he walked - explains JWH face in that pic looks like someone told him Linda grew a mickey.
    Bearing in mind the shambolic state of LFC press office its hard to know if the lack of a statement from the club to put out these fires is just SNAFU or not.

Do we have a press office now giving the cull that's taking place, Suarez might have to job share:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Jesús but I hate this shíte - for once I wish the club would do something quickly and effectively.

Either he's gone or he's not, fúck refusing to comment, just say yes or no!

To be honest I would not read a lot into that. As Mike has mentioned, with the recent cull that included Ian Cotton, it would be no surprise to see our already slow to respond PR dept going at an even slower pace atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

PaulieC wrote: »
    Jesús but I hate this shíte - for once I wish the club would do something quickly and effectively.

I'd say they spending a bit of time carefully constructing a press release that the king has been dethroned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

PaulieC wrote: »

You work in the Liverpool Press office. A call comes through from Talksport asking if Kenny Dalglish is still the manager. You don't know. You put the guy on hold and ask your team lead / manager whether anything has happened. He hasn't heard anything, but says you should probably respond with no comment while he goes up the ladder for info. Hence "Anfield are refusing to comment".

flanzer wrote: »
    I'd say they spending a bit of time carefully constructing a press release that the king has been dethroned
    Give a release giving the basics with more details to follow, then follow up with the details, thank you's etc, whatever is needed.

I'm no PR guru or anything but as a fan I'd prefer to see it that way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Goodbye and thanks for trying

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You work in the Liverpool Press office. A call comes through from Talksport asking if Kenny Dalglish is still the manager. You don't know. You put the guy on hold and ask your team lead / manager whether anything has happened. He hasn't heard anything, but says you should probably respond with no comment while he goes up the ladder for info. Hence "Anfield are refusing to comment".
    What about a good old fashioned 'until you hear otherwise from us then yes he is'

It's bloody trending in the UK now :( Kenny has left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Martinez to replace?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

It's funny in this modern age of twitter/forums how an hour can seems like days in terms of an agonising wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm not believing it until it's on the front page of the Times newspaper.

times-cover-85.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

today will be the death of many a F5 button!!!

I swear to god, our sponsors must love us. There is always drama.

last night, Henry check, Werner check, Steve Clark check, Kenny Dalglish....

As5RFNMCQAEScr6.jpg:large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Des wrote: »
    Martinez to replace?

As long as Rafa isnt interested then yes please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Des wrote: »
    Martinez to replace?

Couldn't be any worse than keeping Dalglish on IMO.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

redzerdrog wrote: »
    today will be the death of many a F5 button!!!

More of a CTRL-r man myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ardent wrote: »

What an utterly utterly ludicrous assertion.

Jesus H Christ.

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »

Reading crap like this hurts my eyes.

spockety wrote: »
    More of a CTRL-r man myself.
    fúckin weirdo :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

last night, Henry check, Werner check, Steve Clark check, Kenny Dalglish....

As5RFNMCQAEScr6.jpg:large

Kenny Huang check, (Row 3)

this is getting interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Martin Skrtel's agent has confirmed he plans to hold talks with Liverpool over the defender's future.

Rumours have surfaced suggested Skrtel is considering his long-term future at Anfield after seeing them miss out on the UEFA Champions League for a third successive season.

Skrtel has been one of Liverpool's shining lights this campaign and was rewarded for his fine form by being named the club's player of the season.

The 27-year-old has two years to run on his current contract and Skrtel's representative, Karol Csonto, has admitted he will discuss Liverpool's plans as they get ready for talks on a new deal.

"You cannot say Liverpool won't play in the Champions League," Csonto told The Independent. "It is a big club and because they haven't made it this year doesn't mean they would not next.

"There are expectations on both sides, though.

"Some changes have been made at the club and the player wants to know what the aims and ambitions are.

"We want to discuss with Liverpool what they want and, of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin's new contract."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's my first day out if the office in months and I'm missing all the fun .

Anyone wanna give me a quick update.

By those photos I would say we have a caretaker manager in Clarke for the interim til Rafa returns :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Leiva wrote: »
    It's my first day out if the office in months and I'm missing all the fun .

Anyone wanna give me a quick update.

By those photos I would say we have a caretaker manager in Clarke for the interim til Rafa returns :P

Going by Twitter rumours started by myself it seems the Gaffer Steve " Stan" Staunton is taking over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭doc_17

Kenny and Rafa....I'd find it hard to decide. Kenny deserves more time but Rafa was a hero at the club and ewe went so far backwards after he left. If the owners are getting rid of Kenny then I'd take Rafa back in a heart beat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

This is going to be a very long day. I wouldn't read too much into the "no comment as yet" thing floating around the place. Could mean anything. It could just as likely mean that they are drafting a statement backing Kenny to the hilt.

Is that really Kenny Huang in the background of that pic?

Dr Galen wrote: »
    This is going to be a very long day. I wouldn't read too much into the "no comment as yet" thing floating around the place. Could mean anything. It could just as likely mean that they are drafting a statement backing Kenny to the hilt.

Is that really Kenny Huang in the background of that pic?

Looks different to other pics of him. Would not read much into it if it is him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan Liverpool FC are refusing to either confirm or deny speculation that Dalglish has resigned as manager. Boston review gets underway soon

Sports News Correspondent, BBC News

Why dont they come straight out and say it's untrue?

Roy needs consideration if Martinez is being touted, surely????

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement