Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

An LFC page on fb, also that's why I said apparantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Kenny Daglish goes im putting it down as a Stewart Downing assist :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Oh god, silly season is only a few days old and our manager is gone and Skrtel is one the way to City. Bring back the football :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Think that was something the mirror said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

...and Wigan's Martinez taking over from Kenny?

Is it April Fool's Day? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

since Liverpool refused to comment
    id say they have decided to get a new manager but havnt informed Kenny yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Liverpool FC ‏ @LFC

Don’t forget tomorrow is Big Red Wednesday, 2-4-1 on pizza’s and Cocktails at the Boot Room Cheshire Oaks and Anfield. #LFCBootRoomCafe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Handsome devil he is too.

He sure is :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Oh god, silly season is only a few days old and our manager is gone and Skrtel is one the way to City. Bring back the football :(

Id rather this instead of watching defeats to Swansea, Norwich, QPR etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Melion wrote: »
    Id rather this instead of watching defeats to Swansea, Norwich, QPR etc

Anything beats having to face the realisation that we have a midfield that quite often consists of Jay Spearing, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing.

Christ.

Having Alonso, Masch, Gerrard and Kuyt in their peak is almost like a dream at this stage.

If nothing else, the summer allows me to suspend the belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Gonna stop looking at twitter. That Stewart Downing assist joke gets a lot less funny after the 90th time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

spockety wrote: »
    I could only imagine Kenny going of his own accord if he himself was convinced that the club had or could line up someone better than him.

"Who have you got? Martinez? F*** that, I'll stay".

"Who have you got? Rafa? Really, he said he'd consider it? Hmm, alright it might be for the best".

That's hardly going of his own accord.

According to paddy power
    Next manager

Rafa 5-2
    Martinez 7-2
    Clarke 6-1
    O'Neill 10-1
    Carragher 14-1 !!!

I only hope those odds are being created by nutso fans putting money down and not any actual knowledge on PP's part

O'Neill would have been interesting a couple of years ago, I would have been delighted with him after Rafa but I think he has lost his sheen after the Villa business

Can anybody tell me more about Emery ?

Carragher is listed everytime there is a market for next Liverpool manager, sometimes Fowler and other former players. It's a joke telephone.
    Sacking Kenny would be a PR disaster for Henry so I cant see that happening.

It shouldn't be, he's been poor.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    If Kenny Daglish goes im putting it down as a Stewart Downing assist :-)

Well played. :P

Knex. wrote: »
    Anything beats having to face the realisation that we have a midfield that quite often consists of Jay Spearing, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing.

Christ.

Having Alonso, Masch, Gerrard and Kuyt in their peak is almost like a dream at this stage.

If nothing else, the summer allows me to suspend the belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

And so it continues ...
    Jamie Adrian M ‏ @JAM_LFC #LFC have sent two reps to Italy today. One for Krasic. One for Ramirez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

LFC launch kids YouTube channel

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-launch-kids-youtube-channel

To mark the very first airing of our new children's TV show 'Kop Kids' at 5pm today, Liverpool Fc have today launched a dedicated YouTube channel aimed at our younger fans.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LFCKIDSOFFICIAL?feature=watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Leiva wrote: »
    And so it continues ...

Ya someone who goes to the University of Worcester would know our targets, I wish these so called ITKs would just do one

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    Ya someone who goes to the University of Worcester would know our targets, I wish these so called ITKs would just do one

;-(

Leiva wrote: »
    And so it continues ...

He's a bit of a attention seeker/clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

NukaCola wrote: »
    Some people wont give the man anything.......ffs i wasnt his biggest fan but that is some garbage your spouting.

The game we lost at home to Arsenal was some of the best we've played? Give me a break, do you know who you are sounding like?

I dont, give me a clue.

I actually set up a twitter account about 2 years ago pretending to be a ITK ( As a bit if a social experiement ) and I got over a 1000 followers in a week, I just made up complete and utter toss of rumours daily and even got some right like Joe Cole and Philip Degen to Stuttgart etc.

It was amazing how many messages I was getting for people looking for info

I actually set up a twitter account about 2 years ago pretending to be a ITK ( As a bit if a social experiement ) and I got over a 1000 followers in a week, I just made up complete and utter toss of rumours daily and even got some right like Joe Cole and Philip Degen to Stuttgart etc.

It was amazing how many messages I was getting for people looking for info
    Who will Liverpool sign this summer?
    Just give us something. Anything. Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I actually set up a twitter account about 2 years ago pretending to be a ITK ( As a bit if a social experiement )

7b5876aeedfdc52bb440e1f0dd587b3e.gif

• Advertisement

Ben Smith says Kenny has not stepped down and the ball is in FSG's court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Martinez is scraping the foot of the table for 7 months of the season losing to fellow relegation straggler after fellow relegation straggler and he puts together admittedly an impressive string of results in the last few weeks of the season and suddenly he's a world class manager? Give me a break!

If Wigan finished top half of the table maybe. But for 7 months of the season he was clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Martinez is scraping the foot of the table for 7 months of the season losing to fellow relegation straggler after fellow relegation straggler and he puts together admittedly an impressive string of results in the last few weeks of the season and suddenly he's a world class manager? Give me a break!

If Wigan finished top half of the table maybe. But for 7 months of the season he was clueless.

Have you seen Wigans players? Absolutely shocking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

amiable wrote: »
    Ben Smith says Kenny has not stepped down and the ball is in FSG's court

Modern Journalism 101: no announcement by this stage in the day obviously means Dalglish didn't resign, so some form of post season review must be ongoing. Common sense - now just package that with authority and you can be perceived as having been told it by a "club source".

This **** ain't hard folks - you could get paid to do it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Even when the season ends I can't get any peace.

This is like Jan 31st 2011 and Torres/ Carroll. Nervously hitting F5 every 10 seconds.

Next season I'm supporting Yeovil Town!

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Modern Journalism 101: no announcement by this stage in the day obviously means Dalglish didn't resign, so some form of post season review must be ongoing. Common sense - now just package that with authority and you can be perceived as having been told it by a "club source".

This **** ain't hard folks - you could get paid to do it too!

Hi Lloyd :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

plasmaguy wrote: »

Who has said he's a world class manager? I reckon those who want him, look and see, good football ethos, good performance given the team and club he's worked with, likeable guy, handles the media well, plenty of potential, but I don't see masses of people saying Martinez is world class at this point in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ben Smith ‏ @BenSmithBBC
    @mckred Dalglish has not stepped down. Ball in FSG's court now.

What does that mean, they asked him to step down?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

LFC pray for Lewis Mighty

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-pray-for-lewis-mighty

Extract....
    Liverpool Football Club today sent their thoughts and prayers to young Reds fan Lewis Mighty and his family.
    lewismighty.jpg
    The seven-year-old had been thought to be recovering from neuroblastoma - a rare form of cancer - however, doctors confirmed last week it had returned and spread to his vital organs.

It's believed Lewis now just has days to live.

Our worries are tiny in comparison.

Thrill wrote: »

Stay strong little man

Samich wrote: »
    Have you seen Wigans players? Absolutely shocking players.

Maybe, but there is an issue with consistency of motivation and correct decision making over the whole of a season when his team repeats a pattern of "turgid August to February followed by good enough remainder of season to survive". His squad can't be that bad if they can go through two successive March to May periods gathering points for fun, you know?

The gamble is whether the true indicator of his managerial abilities is the start or end of the last two seasons. I'd rather let someone else find out tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thrill wrote: »

Extract....

tbf to the kid, he has an awesome name.

Hope he makes a recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I just hope if something is going to happen it happens soon

Whatever business we want to conclude needs to be completed as soon as possible

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I just hope if something is going to happen it happens soon

Whatever business we want to conclude needs to be completed as soon as possible

I'd rather we take three weeks than three days from the end of the season to decide managerial course for next season if the extra time to reflect yields a better decision tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

mayordenis wrote: »
    Who has said he's a world class manager? I reckon those who want him, look and see, good football ethos, good performance given the team and club he's worked with, likeable guy, handles the media well, plenty of potential, but I don't see masses of people saying Martinez is world class at this point in time.

My point is he strung together a few very good results, but for 7 months of the season Wigan were awful.

Ah I don't think anyone said he was world class to be fair, slightly exagerated that bit.

It's more the usual hype merchants in the English media and the British analysts, linking him with this club and that club.

He's been at Wigan a few years now and they've never done much good under him, always been in or around the relegation zone.

You know how the English media are, a player lets call him Sandy Corral for the sake of argument, has a purple patch and scores a few goals in a few games and suddenly he's world class and then someone goes and splashes out the big bucks based on Sandy Corral's reputation in the British media.

Seriously if you want proper analysis of the game, ignore the English media altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

I am hearing rumours Dalglish has been sacked anyone else hear?

patmac wrote: »
    I am hearing rumours Dalglish has been sacked anyone else hear?

No

Seen an ITK posting above that he'd stepped down.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Ben Smith confirmed he has not and as a fellow ITK I can also confirm he has not

Ben Smith confirmed he has not and as a fellow ITK I can also confirm he has not

Have you got your ITK badge handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I don't agree with the fact that just because a manager has never managed a top team that he will automatically be a failure. But it is certainly a risk. For that reason I'd be against Martinez, but if he were to be appointed I'd give him every chance to succeed and I'd be far from sure that it would be a definite failure.

If we were going to take a risk I'd prefer us to go for Lambert though, his achievements with Norwich are phenomenal and far outstrip Martinez's. He has experience playing at the top level of football in the modern era also.

My number one choice is definitely Rafa though. The dedication, knowledge and experience he would bring would make me feel like the club is in very very safe hands, whereas almost every other realistic option would have me doubting that it could possibly all go wrong.

As for Skrtel, I hope we do everything we can to keep him. It can take a while to build up a decent CB partnership and him and Agger are amongst the best in the league. If he is to go, we need to channel the majority of the funds into a replacement. I would not feel confident going into next season with Agger/Carra/Coates/Wilson or whoever else as our centre back options, especially with Agger's injury history.

Coates is not ready to make the step up to a starting player from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DrumSteve wrote: »

Teehee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

You're in Limerick. Of course you are :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd rather we take three weeks than three days from the end of the season to decide managerial course for next season if the extra time to reflect yields a better decision tbh.

I doubt any decision has been made in the last three days to be honest
    I do get your point though

At present we have alot of outgoing and no ingoings to the club at the moment

• Advertisement

You're in Limerick. Of course you are :rolleyes:

please see previous post to get irony

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement