Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    9 months ago if someone had seriously suggested Alan Pardew or Roberto Martinez as Liverpool manager this summer they would have been carted off for treatment. Such is the changeable nature of opinion these days I guess.

Pardew I'd see as flavour of the month, like Roy. Martinez has potential so I'd rate higher.

Obviously Rafa, AVB etc. are higher again. We don't have much to go on other than some piece about 3 targets having managed in the PL this season.

Early days yet, I'd be surprised if FSG don't look at the continent for options.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

New article from Dan Roan at the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18097439

Not much said in it really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Apparently 'media work' comes in just below 'tactics' and 'man management' in the list of important things for managers these days.

One point on this though, is that the media already have a taste for AVB's flesh, so wouldn't wait too long to get stuck in if he was at Liverpool either I'd say.

Whoever gets the job will get it in the neck from the media as soon as a defeat is suffered. So to hell with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd go with Rafa or AVB.

Deschamps maybe after them.

And Lambert is we're going with a gamble, which we shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Blatter wrote: »
    Well my point still stands that the team didn't play more games this season than they have done over the last several years because of no Europe. I really think the affect of the cup runs is being overstated, the squad should have been big enough to deal with them. If you were in Europe as well, you'd have a valid point, but you weren't.

Ferguson was a different kettle of fish and isn't comparable to this situation. He had just broke the Old Firm dominance in Scotland and had won a European competition with Aberdeen, beating Real Madrid in the final. He was a young and it was clear he had the talent to be a top manager, if he was persisted with.

Dalglish on the other hand is 61, was out of the game for over a decade and the last time he achieved anything of note was with Blackburn in 1995, 17 years ago. Things weren't going well and there was little indication that he was going to turn things around.

We'll have to disagree on Liverpool's only problem being the lack of a goalscorer. The defense has been shambolic since the turn of the year, the wide players are no where near good enough for a side with top 4 aspirations and the same applies to the CM with the exception of Lucas.

Im prepared to get past the Ferguson hindsight, still remains the case that fans wanted him out but anyway.

Perhaps the cup runs are overstated but i suppose the crux of the point is, Lucas 12 games, Gerrard 14, have those two plus Suarez ever taken to the field together? im not sure. If im overstating cup runs then im possibly understating the loss of big players. Everyone knows the back up isnt up to the grade for a push at 4th imho.

So you only get persisted with if you are young and talented? no value to experience or record or anything else?, thats fine if you want that, its not my cup o' tae.

The stats show only 2 teams in the league allowed less shots on their goal this season in the league, City and Arsenal, than us. Its true Reina had a bad season by his standards but you cant address that overnight, i had no confidence in Jones or Doni (sorry lads, i know lads have an internet bromance with him on here). We conceded less goals than Spurs and Arsenal and Newcastle, thats a fact.

As for wide players, the stats show we created a sh1tload of chances, im one of the people who hates stats but i cannot argue we didnt take those chances, we scored 47 goals in 38 games, bloody obvious to anyone where the issue was i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    What's that got to do with anything?! :confused:

I know it's probably just me but I find he sounds incredibly dull with a monotonous tone during interviews so I'd imagine he'd sound the same to players in the dressing room during team talks....just don't think he sounds inspiring.

Pardew I believe has almost no input into the players coming into the club, so I'm not sure what credit he can get for any of the astute signings made over the last 18 months there. I'm fairly sure Klopp would not be interested either, and some of the names being mentioned are just fanciful. That is no reason to straightaway aim for a Martinez/Rodgers/Pardew though. If they do not show ambition off the pitch, how can they expect results on it? There will not be a huge budget this summer I'd imagine, probably 20m + money raised from sales, with no top notch wages being spent. A bigger name manager is a sign of ambition, and I can't imagine the continents finest signing for us with a lot of the mooted names in charge given our recent finishes.

That's only going to attract certain managers, AVB would attract names but would he be happy with a budget like that? Did well with Porto with little enough money though and maybe where the club is at, might actually interest him in a strange way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Simon Clancy

More: "Meetings have been held with a number of potential directors of football, including Johan Cruyff and Txiki Begiristain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18097439
    Liverpool's owners are keen for the club's new manager to be in place for at least four to five years, but there is no front-runner at this stage.
    Tom Werner and John W Henry have begun the search for the Reds' fourth boss in two years after sacking Kenny Dalglish and have a number of names in mind.
    The new boss is likely to get a transfer budget of over £30m.
    Intermediaries acting for the club have spoken with Andre Villas-Boas, but he is unlikely to get the job.
    Kenny and the Kop
    10 August 1977: Liverpool sign Dalglish from Celtic for British record £440,000
    20 August 1977: Scores first Reds goal, against Middlesbrough, after inheriting Kevin Keegan's number seven shirt
    10 May 1978: Scores winning goal in European Cup final
    27 May 1981: Helps Liverpool win another European Cup
    1982-83: Forms a superb strike partnership with Ian Rush, wins PFA Player of the Year
    May 1985 - Appointed Liverpool player-manager. Wins the Double in his first season in charge
    22 February 1991 - Announces shock resignation after leading the club in Hillsborough commemorations
    4 July 2009 - Returns to Anfield in ambassadorial role after spells with Blackburn, Newcastle and Celtic
    June 2010: Puts himself forward as a possible replacement for Rafael Benitez, but Roy Hodgson is preferred for manager's role
    8 January 2011 - Appointed as caretaker manager in wake of Roy Hodgson's sacking
    26 February 2012 - Lifts the Carling Cup with win over Cardiff
    5 May 2012 - Defeated 2-1 in the FA Cup final by Chelsea on season's second Wembley final
    16 May 2012 - Sacked by Liverpool
    The Portuguese was sacked by Chelsea in March.
    Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is also not thought to be in the running. The Americans are known to have been impressed by Wigan manager Roberto Martinez but no talks have taken place.
    Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has often spoken of his admiration for the Anfield club and it is thought he would be willing to grant the Spaniard permission to discuss the post with Henry and Werner.
    Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) are keen to appoint a replacement at the earliest possible opportunity.
    Dalglish left for Spain on a planned family holiday on Wednesday night. His wife Marina wrote on Twitter: "Really sad day for us a family but we all remain LFC fans. All so proud of Kenny."
    On Wednesday, sources close to Henry were keen to stress the American owners do have a clear vision for the future of the club and are likely to appoint three senior directors in the coming weeks.
    Meetings have been held with a number of potential directors of football, including Johan Cruyff and former Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begiristain, while they have also spoken to at least one candidate to fill the chief executive's role.
    Henry and Werner are also thought to be close to appointing a new director of communications to replace Ian Cotton.
    While the departure of Dalglish has left something of a power vacuum at Anfield, FSG felt they had to act given Liverpool's failure to challenge for a Champions League qualifying place, a clear target at the start of the season.
    Liverpool's most recent annual report revealed that the club's prolonged absence from the competition had cost the club a minimum of £30m in revenue each year.
    While the owners were encouraged by the Carling Cup victory in February, the first silverware since 2006, it could not cover up the failings of a poor Premier League campaign.
    Steve Clarke, Dalglish's assistant, has stepped down out of loyalty to the 61-year-old Scot.

Cruyff has a bit of a reputation for being very headstrong, basically if he got DoF it would need to be his choice as manager or I could see clashes. AVB and Rafa look outside bets from that, particularly if Cruyff is at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

amiable wrote: »
    Simon Clancy
    More: "Meetings have been held with a number of potential directors of football, including Johan Cruyff and Txiki Begiristain

Was going to ask about this. Surely if we want the DOF thing to work we should go about it properly this time. Bring in the DOF now and let him choose the manager or at least have a heavy influence in the process based on the criteria of his overall philosophy for the club.

DOF should be got before we appoint a manager. I was hoping behind the scenes this might have already happened.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Some mad names being mentioned!! Pardew!! I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. That bloke was sacked by Southampton in League 1 in his last job. Just because he's had one good season at Newcastle!! Would that not contradict sacking Kenny after one bad season

Ranieri!! No! Just no!!!!

My head is melted with all these Liverpool related threads on the first page!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Some mad names being mentioned!! Pardew!! I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. That bloke was sacked by Southampton in League 1 in his last job. Just because he's had one good season at Newcastle!! Would that not contradict sacking Kenny after one bad season

Ranieri!! No! Just no!!!!

My head is melted with all these Liverpool related threads on the first page!!

I dont know about anyone else but i very rarely click on anything other than this thread, its a safe haven from the crazies for me, although not completely full proof :pac:

Did Sky News just say AVB expected in next 24 hours?, im not near a telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

opr wrote: »
    Was going to ask about this. Surely if we want the DOF thing to work we should go about it properly this time. Bring in the DOF now and let him choose the manager or at least have a heavy influence in the process based on the criteria of his overall philosophy for the club.

DOF should be got before we appoint a manager. I was hoping behind the scenes this might have already happened.

Opr
    True Opr but what if we don't like the choice of DOF, do we trust his judgement on a manager even before a transfer?
    I think Kenny should of gotten another year to try turn things around, IMO

daithijjj wrote: »
    I dont know about anyone else but i very rarely click on anything other than this thread, its a safe haven from the crazies for me, although not completely full proof :pac:

Did Sky News just say AVB expected in next 24 hours?, im not near a telly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-sack-dalglish-and-approach-villasboas-7758044.html
    Liverpool's American owners have made contact with Andre Villas-Boas in the past two weeks, in an attempt to establish his interest in taking over at Anfield, where Kenny Dalglish was yesterday dismissed.

The Independent understands that Villas-Boas is interested and considers Liverpool to be the kind of high-profile, marquee job which would be the appropriate next step for him, following his unhappy nine months at Chelsea, where he was dismissed in March.

The exploratory call from Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, does not rule out the possibility of the Americans having higher priority targets. Wigan Athletic's Roberto Martinez, the Borussia Dortmund coach Jürgen Klopp and Marseilles Didier Deschamps, a target before FSG acquired Liverpool, may be contenders.

Liverpool's call to Villas-Boas was lodged after an approach to him from Roma, who have dismissed manager Luis Enrique following the club's failure to reach any European competition, despite the investment of American entrepreneur Thomas DiBenedetto. Sources in Portugal suggest that Liverpool may well be the more attractive proposition for Villas-Boas – and the club he considers to be the bigger name. There was uncertainty last night about whether Villas-Boas would be free to coach another English club next season, under the terms of his severance from Stamford Bridge. Valencia also inquired as to the Portuguese's availability, though they have appointed Manuel Pelligrino. Steve Clarke, Dalglish's assistant, has also left Liverpool out of a loyalty to the outgoing manager, though it is understood he did have the option to stay

The Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan, said last night that Martinez had not been approached, although the 38-year-old does appear to meet the criteria of FSG in many ways, having introduced a footballing ethos which runs through

all levels at the club. Rafael Benitez has had no contact from FSG. Despite rumours that Martinez might work in tandem with Benitez, the former Liverpool manager is not understood to consider that a realistic working arrangement. The biggest question mark above the name of Martinez is whether Liverpool supporters would consider him a big enough name for their club. The Americans have so far been careful to take supporters' views into account before making their moves on what has been a difficult two years at Anfield.

Villas-Boas' agent Carlos Goncalves said when the manager was sacked by Roman Abramovich last March that his client had "no intention of even thinking about football until the summer," though recent attempts to secure Villas-Boas' services as a media commentator for the forthcoming European Championships are understood to have been hit by the Liverpool and Roma approaches. These have put his immediate plans into a state of some doubt, according to Portuguese sources.

Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre will today provide a fuller explanation of the reasoning behind the dismissal of Dalglish, which was confirmed at 5pm last night, after the meeting with FSG which the Glaswegian had sought on Boston on Monday resulted in principal owner John W Henry telling him of their frustration with his poor use of club resources in the transfer market. The £110m spent on seven players did not bring the improvement FSG anticipated. A Carling Cup win came after an unconvincing display against Cardiff City in the final and after scraping an FA Cup semi final win over Everton, Henry was at Wembley to witness a poor defeat to Chelsea in the final.

The FA Cup semi-final took place several days after the Americans had dismissed director of football Damien Comolli. Liverpool's search for a replacement for Comolli – an executive who wields enough power to hold the manager to account – looks like the most significant recruitment job at Anfield, where FSG last week also dismissed director of communications Ian Cotton, another executive whose lack of authority in Dalglish's company caused the PR disaster surrounding the Luis Suarez/Patrice Evra affair. With all three positions now vacant, FSG appear to be back where they started, in their attempt to rebuild Liverpool out of the mess they inherited from Tom Hicks and George Gillett in 2010.

Chairman Tom Werner last night appeared to characterise Dalglish's role as that of a caretaker, when he paid tribute to him. "Kenny came into the club as manager at our request at a time when [we] really needed him," he said. "He didn't ask to be manager; he was asked to assume the role. He did so because he knew the club needed him.

"He did more than anyone else to stabilise Liverpool over the past year-and-a-half and to get us once again looking forward. We owe him a great debt of gratitude. However, results in the League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change."

But Dalglish, who was appointed permanently on a three-year contract, will not see things that way. His friend and former team-mate Terry McDermott said last night that the 61-year-old would be "hurting deeply".

Isn't there some type of connection between FSG and the Roma owners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Villas-Boas taking over excites and scares me in equal measure.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Betting Suspended on AVB, or so Twitter says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Villa-Boas is still 3/1 on Betfair so definitely not that nailed on yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Regarding KK, I mentioned some months back on this thread that the whole Suarez fiasco could cost him his job, Well poor league results certainly were the major reason but it was definately a factor. KK was never going to walk if he was asked to as stated by some posters here, his ego was much too big.
    He should have been replaced at the start of last summer again as I mentioned many a time but hey, at least it makes it an interesting time.

Moyes would be my choice, a great manager who has done very well with no money at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

frank rijkaard would be an option, wouldn't take much to get him out of his role with saudi arabia.

the last few days have given me a right laugh reading the posts on here.
    it's sad day seeing the King go "the King is gone but he's not forgotten"
    but as everyone knows the clubs bigger than one person.

the owners have a job on there hands now as the next move will define how the club moves forward over the next 3-5 years.

till a new man is in the silly season will be in full steam so enjoy the crazy for the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Either rafa or AVB for me. But who ever comes in has to be backed well financially at least 50 million to spend I feel maybe more with today's inflated prices. But do the owners have this cash to spend ? I'm a fan of AVB and his philosophy. The way the senior players conspired to get him sacked was disgusting at Chelsea and I also thought abromvich did not back him fully and buy into his philosophy. I'd take the risk on AVB if he is backed in the transfer Market. Falcao is up for sale I'm sure AVB could lure him to anfield and other star players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

jank wrote: »
    Moyes would be my choice, a great manager who has done very well with no money at all.

Your on a wind up jank...

Kev. wrote: »
    jank wrote: »

Better chance of hell freezing over than moyes managing us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kev. wrote: »

Nothing new there....hopefully nobody falls for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

ricero wrote: »
    Falcao is up for sale I'm sure AVB could lure him to anfield and other star players

Sweet Jesus, it seems delusion knows no bounds when it comes to some people.

The same Falcao who cost Atletico 40m last Summer and you think Pool are in with a shout of signing him this Summer, along with a few other stars? All with no Champions League. Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

K-9 wrote: »
    Isn't there some type of connection between FSG and the Roma owners?
    yep Thomas DiBenedetto who is Romas president is a partner in FSG, although exactly how much of FSG or Roma he owns I don't know

ricero wrote: »
    Falcao is up for sale I'm sure AVB could lure him to anfield and other star players

Sweet Jesus, it seems delusion knows no bounds when it comes to some people.

The same Falcao who cost Atletico 40m last Summer and you think Pool are in with a shout of signing him this Summer, along with a few other stars? All with no Champions League. Really?
    The atheletico Madrid president mentioned after the uefa cup final last week that they have only paid Porto 20 million so far and would be willing to sell falcoa for up to 30 - 40 million euros. I'm just saying if AVB was to come in and given a decent check book due to his past with the player he could sign him. One can hope

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    Villas-Boas taking over excites and scares me in equal measure.

Opr

Many similarities with Rafa, obsessive, OCD like, not a lover of egos, immerse himself in the club.

Pisses off Chelsea fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well, I'm back. Did I miss anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Many similarities with Rafa, obsessive, OCD like, not a lover of egos, immerse himself in the club.

Pisses off Chelsea fans!
    Major difference with Rafa is that AVB has only had one good season in professional football with a dominant Porto in a second rate league.

Rafa had major success with Valencia in a top league against two dominant clubs in Real Madrid and Barcelona and at the time a very good Deportivo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You made the Euro's....congrats.

Spearo's on back up.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You made the Euro's....congrats.

Spearo's on back up.

ac2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Sad that Kenny's gone. Think he should of had till Christmas.
    I admire Lambert, Martinez and Rogers for the work they have done over the last few years but IMO they are not ready for LFC. I think we need someone that has at least managed a side in a European competition. AVB would be interesting but also quite a gamble and would he be up for another risk. Rafa has had a healthy break away from management and would jump at the chance to come back but will FSG go down that route (once bitten)
    In a dream world, I would like the special 1. He's a bit of Pric but he sure is a winner. Lot of buts and all that..

• Advertisement

Sad that Kenny's gone. Think he should of had till Christmas.
    I admire Lambert, Martinez and Rogers for the work they have done over the last few years but IMO they are not ready for LFC. I think we need someone that has at least managed a side in a European competition. AVB would be interesting but also quite a gamble and would he be up for another risk. Rafa has had a healthy break away from management and would jump at the chance to come back but will FSG go down that route (once bitten)
    In a dream world, I would like the special 1. He's a bit of Pric but he sure is a winner. Lot of buts and all that..

There would be little or no good managers available for work in January, only shit ones.

There would be little or no good managers available for work in January, only shit ones.

Kenny might of come good. Rafa might be still available. Its a chance you have to take.

Kenny might of come good. Rafa might be still available. Its a chance you have to take.

No it isn't.

No it isn't.

What part? Kenny or Rafa?
    I would of liked kenny to be given more time but thats me. I start supporting LFC when he was player/manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Only about 40 pages in this thread alone. Get going before the madness resumes again tomorrow :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thanks for trying Kenny.

FSG have got to get a new manager in ASAP. Ideally someone who could wrap up our signings before the Euro's start so we don't pay over the odds for a good tournament.

What part? Kenny or Rafa?
    I would of liked kenny to be given more time but thats me. I start supporting LFC when he was player/manager.

Fair enough. I meant it's not a risk you have to take.

AVB didn't last much longer so he must be shyte.

AVB didn't last much longer so he must be shyte.

I did say little or no. It's not an ideal time to get a new manager, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I'm off.

Thought I could smell something!

tibor wrote: »
    Also, add another £10 million or so in compensation to the "exceptional expenditure" column for next years accounts. Baffling.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny had a very limited contract, one year with a review.
    Gerty wrote: »
    Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes
    Looks like Liverpool need a new assistant manager too. Hearing Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.

I really am speechless.

lol, anyone who thinks that Clarke left out if 'loyalty' to Daglish is a bit naive.
    He left because FSG want the decks cleared so he can have his own staff which only right.
    Dub13 wrote: »
    SoS Statment.

Dear Member

Following todays news, Spirit Of Shankly have released the following statement:

FSG: We need direction

We find ourselves once again experiencing another summer where talk centres around off the pitch decisions instead of footballing matters. The position of manager at Liverpool Football Club is one that deserves huge respect. It deserves all the resources of Liverpool Football Club to be put at the manager's disposal to make the Club as successful as possible. Today, we are once again in a position where this is not happening. At this moment in time, we have no Manager, no Director of Communications, no Director of Football, no Commercial Director and no ownership presence this side of the Atlantic, a situation compounded by the continued failure to appoint a Chief Executive.

There are also ongoing questions around the lack of a stadium solution. Recent decisions at Liverpool Football Club have led to more questions than they have answered. Today's decision does exactly the same. Many supporters will be asking just what exactly is LFC's strategy for the future. We would expect those in charge at LFC to address this situation urgently in a manner befitting of the Club's history and tradition to allow Liverpool Football Club to move forward. We would also expect those charged with moving the Club forward to engage in meaningful dialogue with supporters, something promised to us in those early meetings with Mr Henry and Mr Werner, but which is yet to materialise.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/fsg-we-need-direction

Spirit of Shankly
    Like Spirit of Shankly on Facebook

Follow @spiritofshankly on Twitter

Listen to the Spirit of Shankly Podcast

That's great. I'll be making my statement tomorrow.

Someone posted what a terrible state the club is in right now as we have no press officer and no DOF.

A press officer? Is that really a big problem? Kenny gone and they pushed out a statement tonight, wasn't a big problem. A press officer isn't exactly a big problem, and considering how our press has been handled this year, I'd rather we had none than whoever was in charge previously or that someone else is filling in because they are already doing a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny had a very limited contract, one year with a review.

Im pretty sure he had a 3 yr deal. Anyone know what odds Doni is for the job? He's gotta be a front runner.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

Im pretty sure he had a 3 yr deal. Anyone know what odds Doni is for the job? He's gotta be a front runner.....

He did have a three year deal.

AVB is one of the names which is being mentioned as a potential replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

AVB, Jurgen Klopp and Didier Deschamp are all the names being thrown around now after thankfully the Roberto Martinez fiasco ended.

Some journo on talkpsort just said AVB has already been to Boston to meet owners. AVB also spotted in Brazil recently, as in last few days, scouting. Didnt suggest it was for LFC, just saying it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement