Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Knex. wrote: »
    Always thought he was more of an iPhone myself. :P

Terrible, worthy of a 2 week ban.:pac:

Can't say I'd have valid ground for argument! It's living in america that's to blame, killing my already childish humour :P

Edit: Actually, to add something somewhat worthwhile to the thread. There's a decent article on the guardian website about wenger and levy not giving comolli credit for any transfers accept clichy and ekotto.

I'd link it but on my phone and at work, so apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Could it be that Comolli was very much the main man (rather than Kenny) when it came to the signings, and has been fired as a result.

Kenny could be just saying that the signings were his choice so the new players don't take a massive confidence hit. If so, that's clever and admirable.

However, most of the signings seem more like Dalglish style players. If this is the case, the sacking seems strange - and also, Kenny appears to be going against the owners in that interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Leiva wrote: »
    There is something really weird and unsettling about today's events .

Starting with this :confused:

Just saw that on TV and was coming up to post on it. Really interesting.

Think the obvious omission was that Kenny never attempted or tried to back his signings - which managers pretty much have to do in the face of whatever comes along.

He brought them up, not the interviewer, and in doing so identified them as flawed and a reason that someone might get sacked.

Now we all know that, but for a manager to allude to that is pretty big.

I'd imagine the subtext is that Kenny's been spoken to and won't be in charge of signings anymore. Comolli's out and whoever comes in will look after transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Oh fantastic our great club dragged through the press for all the wrong reasons once again.

The summer just can't come quick enough though no doubt speculation will then be rife regarding Kenny. I always though Camolli did wonders shifting so much dead wood in the summer but I suppose the Americans are simply looking at the balance sheet with this one. Though it is apparent that Camolli wasnt playing ball and may have clashed horns with the likes of Warner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I think that the discussions were already underway about next season and what FSG had in mind didnt match what Commoli was about.

I think (rightly so) they are planning already for next season (as the league is over for us)

That is not a bad thing.

Im 100% sure this will not effect the players. They will be well up for sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd imagine the subtext is that Kenny's been spoken to and won't be in charge of signings anymore. Comolli's out and whoever comes in will look after transfers.

I can't see many managers operating under such a situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Maybe it's been mentioned already as i haven't read through the Camolli pages, but heard rumours of David Dein coming as DOF??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any fans unhappy/pissed at the timing of this before the Semi, seems a bit strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I go to work, grand. Come home from work and theres been a cull! Jaysus twill take a while to catch up on the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

monkey9 wrote: »
    Maybe it's been mentioned already as i haven't read through the Camolli pages, but heard rumours of David Dein coming as DOF??

Wasn't he more of a finance man at Arsenal? Would make more sense if he was replacing Ayre.

Also seen Cryuff being mentioned as DOF but given his track-record that could be a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

RasTa wrote: »
    Any fans unhappy/pissed at the timing of this before the Semi, seems a bit strange.

Not unhappy myself tbh. LFC are well overdue ruteless owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

This wont affect the players at all, derby game in Wembley, they'll be well up for it.

Wasn't he more of a finance man at Arsenal? Would make more sense if he was replacing Ayre.

Also seen Cryuff being mentioned as DOF but given his track-record that could be a disaster.

I think Dein was involved in a lot of the transfers. Arsenal fans, obviously would know more. I've read a lot of things linking his departure from Arsenal with the decline, trophywise, of the Arsene years.

I'm not saying there's anything it at all, just pure rumour i've heard from a couple of people. Wouldn't really believe it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

There is something really weird and unsettling about today's events .

Starting with this :confused:

If Kenny was telling the truth about being in charge of the signings thats a pretty scary thought. I hope he's not in charge of them next year if that's the case, the last thing we need is more of the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yes. It makes no sense at all. Two days before a game where we are down to our 3rd choice goal-keeper we decide to fire our goal-keeping coach, bizarre. Not to mention this can't be good for other coaches morale either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Yes. It makes no sense at all. Two days before a game where we are down to our 3rd choice goal-keeper we decide to fire our goal-keeping coach, bizarre. Not to mention this can't be good for other coaches morale either.

unless the players are all sick of the backroom staff and this clear out will be a big lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

The timing is beyond me I'm afraid . Absolutey bizarre :confused:

eldwaro wrote: »
    unless the players are all sick of the backroom staff and this clear out will be a big lift.

Possible. You'd wonder why they'd leave someone in such a position for so long if they are all roundly hated by everyone at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I can't see many managers operating under such a situation.

I'm not so sure. I doubt Kenny wants to leave Liverpool and I imagine if he did, he'd finish with management.

England isn't unique in the absolute power it gives to managers but pluralism works well in other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I think it is very professional the way FSG are going about their business. A few changes now and some more in the summer. If John Henry just made wholesale changes to the staff during the summer it would be like judgement day. This way is better. He is replacing mainly staff that were at the club before he took over. I am pretty happy to see Damien Comolli go but I do not believe Kenny Dalglish had little say in transfers over the last 16 months.Comolli is gone because we payed top money for some average players. To change manager at this stage in the season with a massive game at the weekend would not make sense and the supporters could turn on the owners

I honestly don't think it will a negative effect on the match on Saturday. If things go pearshaped, it has absolutely nothing to do with Camolli's departure, it'll just be what happens on the day!!

Maybe the Fenway have someone lined up and are giving him time now to start looking into potential buys for the summer??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't see how sacking a DOF and goalkeeping coach can have any major impact on players 2 days before a game.

Really do you think Brad Jones will suffer because he won't have a coach tomorrow?

Having seen Werner's interview I'm happy that they are sending the message out that mediocrity is not an acceptable standard at the club.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into Kenny's interview, he was just toeing the party line and most likely not telling the truth!

It looks like the cat got out of the bag

I dont think they players will give a f*** at all. They didnt sign for Commoli, they signed for Liverpool and Dalglish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/12/hillsborough-battle-orgreave
    Hillsborough and Battle of Orgreave: one police force, two disgraces South Yorkshire police, who blamed Liverpool supporters for the disaster in 1989, had made strikingly similar blunders during the miners' strike in 1984, when 95 men were prosecuted for rioting – all were acquitted amid allegations of fabrication

• Advertisement

So that's the lawyer, the head of sports science and Camolli gone in one day. I like this cull!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

monkey9 wrote: »
    So that's the lawyer, the head of sports science and Camolli gone in one day. I like this cull!!

And a gk coach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Daemonic wrote: »

Wow. Don't know what to make of them.

In terms of the head of sports science, we should bring in the Chelsea physio!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It pretty obvious nobody liked Damien Comolli due to the amount of times his

name has been misspelled.

• Advertisement

Daemonic wrote: »

I read them earlier when tweeted . Dan Roan never really subscribes to B.S which is the most concerning thing , so if true then the club/Kenny have made a monumental cock up and gone backwards.

I hoping it's just crap hence why they now seem to be deleted .:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Pretty sure Rafa hated that Brukner guy

I thought Brukner and his team were top notch? Maybe there is topper notcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I was thinking about that, and part of me views it as a crude attempt to send a message to the players that:

A) Things are unacceptable and nobody has a future at the club if they underperform;
    B) Kenny is here for the forseeable future so they may as well play for him;

These guys are known to be ****ing ruthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Turns out the lawyer wasnt sacked and is still at the club

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Pretty sure Rafa hated that Brukner guy

I was thinking I remembered something alright -an incident about a player being struck off as injured then a dispute arising about it .
    I could be wrong but .

Or maybe he walked after falling out with Kenny cause if Dan Roan speaks the truth Kenny could have been old school and over playing players ala Lucas .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really do you think Brad Jones will suffer because he won't have a couch tomorrow?

He'll be fúcked from all the standing though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

What do the tweets from roan say cant view them on my fone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't normally care about back pages but tomorrows Mirror is interesting.

AqT17x5CAAAzTHP.jpg

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't normally care about back pages but tomorrows Mirror is interesting.

AqT17x5CAAAzTHP.jpg

long lost respect for anything in the mirror.

god forbid a bit of humainty but Andy Carroll is a young lad and its a cheap headline that is grossly unfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

From Twitter;

@NickParrottTV: Ok people, I've been told http://t.co/eXK4aLnZ will name #Comolli's replacement in the next 15 minutes or so! Keep logged on!!!!!”

Nick works for BBC football and is a pool fan, FSG obviously had this lined up and are crossing the t's and dotting the i's

What the ****?

My money is on David Dein.

Hope not cause that scuppers my Rafa plan :D

My money is on David Dein.

Hope not cause that scuppers my Rafa plan :D

David Dein couldn't be Director of Football though..?

If they have a replacement lined up already this is real shock and awe stuff from FSG. They really aren't hanging around. Good to see action again from the top and not accepting poor performances.

PFL wrote: »
    From Twitter;

@NickParrottTV: Ok people, I've been told http://t.co/eXK4aLnZ will name #Comolli's replacement in the next 15 minutes or so! Keep logged on!!!!!”

Nick works for BBC football and is a pool fan, FSG obviously had this lined up and are crossing the t's and dotting the i's
    Wow, if true.
    long lost respect for anything in the mirror.

god forbid a bit of humainty but Andy Carroll is a young lad and its a cheap headline that is grossly unfair

I know, fcking hell give the kid a break like.

Again from twitter;

@jeremy_LFC: Louis Van Gaal and Johan Cruyff are two names FSG are considering for the Director of Football position for #LFC, acc. to The Times.”

Jesus Christ... This is the mist excitement ive had all season.

Cruyff? Ugh.

• Advertisement

It's Van Gaal .

I think :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement