Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

PFL wrote: »
    Again from twitter;

@jeremy_LFC: Louis Van Gaal and Johan Cruyff are two names FSG are considering for the Director of Football position for #LFC, acc. to The Times.”

Van Gaal eh? Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jesus Christ... This is the mist excitement ive had all season.

DirkKuyt_2135173b.jpg

139966857_crop_650x440.jpg?1330285289

But each to his own! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really do you think Brad Jones will suffer because he won't have a coach tomorrow?

while subs benchs are fancy these days, he's starting saturday...so i dont see why furniture comes into it... :P

sorry just could help myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Can't seeing it being Cruyff. Isn't he not long at Ajax?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Feck what the Mirror think. Carroll is looking fighting fit to me and i hope he starts Saturday. I really believe he can prove the doubters wrong these next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

van gaal > commoli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Not that i believe its Cryuff but i had been reading about his resignation just yesterday - http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7796555/johan-cruyff-resigns-ajax-board

sounds like a paper trying to get some interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

We couldn't get our main target so we got the next best thing ..... His son :pac:

008086-AP50.jpg

Ends the Rafa dream in my eyes. No way will he work under a DOF :(

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

If all this pans out, I like the cut of the owners gib. Bang Bang Bang, no messin'.

Sadly though, if we lose on Saturday, Kenny will be gone or will be gone/moved to the academy at the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

opr wrote: »
    Can't seeing it being Cruyff. Isn't he not long at Ajax?

Opr

Not long after bringing all the other board members to court to get them all sacked right in front of all the media just to get his own way.

Right man for us? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Pretty sure Rafa hated that Brukner guy
    Nonsense, deal for Brukner was only completed in late March 2010 and he was due to arrive after the WC 2010. Benitez was sacked during the WC and he never shared time at the club with Brukner. Benitez found out about Brukner through Kewell and Mandic and pursued him and his team to come to the club because of Torres' injury problems

There are pics now of Ayre and Dein at the Blackburn game doing the rounds .

Might be nothing but interesting .

What would people think if it turns out to be Van Gaal?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RasTa wrote: »
    Any fans unhappy/pissed at the timing of this before the Semi, seems a bit strange.

Yes. It makes no sense at all. Two days before a game where we are down to our 3rd choice goal-keeper we decide to fire our goal-keeping coach, bizarre. Not to mention this can't be good for other coaches morale either.

Word started leaking out yesterday within the local media according to a BBC reporter (not Dan Roan I think) so they decided to bring everything forward by 5 days. Camolli was informed last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

15 minutes is defo up by now.....!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Where is Dein coming from? Has he ever been a DOF or ever been involved in scouting? I've never heard it, from what I know he's only involved in the financial side of things, basically what Ian Ayre is doing.

Am i wrong but Dein is not a man who could be a DOF?
    He is purely the business side?

Opr

:confused:

With a bit of :eek:

And some :( because it ends dreams of a Rafa return

• Advertisement

Here's one.... Could it be Rafa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Leiva wrote: »
    Here's one.... Could it be Rafa ?

That's what I was wondering given it so quickly organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seriously lads, give up on your Rafa dream.

He just tweeted its going up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Leiva wrote: »
    There are pics now of Ayre and Dein at the Blackburn game doing the rounds .

Might be nothing but interesting .
    image-24-blackburn-v-liverpool-851767910.jpg
    Comolli is also in these images from Ewood Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

This sacking of Brukner has me confused...He was supposed to be one of the best so what's their reasoning behind letting him go. Did he fall out with Dalglish?

Very confused...

I like the idea of van gall..... Well respected all over Europe. Could help attract players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Given how everyone loves a bit of nostalgia Comolli has been rehired as the DOF.

• Advertisement

Opr

I think it would be pretty amazing stuff tbh. If you think its not that long since we had H & G nightmare with Roy Hodgson as manager

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17698239

Johan Cruyff is what bbc reckon. Nothing nailed down. Load of hot air in this article.
    Liverpool target Johan Cruyff for senior role

By Ben Smith BBC Sport

Johan Cruyff is among the names being targeted by Liverpool after Damien Comolli's departure as director of football, BBC Sport understands.

Reds owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have yet to draw up a definitive shortlist to replace Comolli.

But the Dutchman, 64, has impressed FSG chief John W Henry in his senior roles with Ajax and Chivas in Mexico.

It remains to be seen if Cruyff, who currently manages the Catalan national side, would be open to the approach.

More to follow.

Johan Cruyff is among the names being targeted by Liverpool after Damien Comolli's departure as director of football, BBC Sport understands.
    Reds owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have yet to draw up a definitive shortlist to replace Comolli.
    But the Dutchman, 64, has impressed FSG chief John W Henry in his senior roles with Ajax and Chivas in Mexico.
    It remains to be seen if Cruyff, who currently manages the Catalan national side, would be open to the approach.

Yeah, load of nothing really.

Nick Parrott ‏ a non story

Trying to make a name for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It it were Van Gaal, I would love to be in the same room as the midfield when the annoucement is made, because they would be ****ting themselves.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Johan Cruyff would be a pretty class appointment. Louis van Gaal would be more

interested in a management position I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh, so was it fifteen minutes, or fifty minutes?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Update time shows as 22:06 GMT...maybe a more current article to appear, or?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    It it were Van Gaal, I would love to be in the same room as the midfield when the annoucement is made, because they would be ****ting themselves.

Am I missing a story here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

PFL wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17698239

Johan Cruyff is what bbc reckon. Nothing nailed down. Load of hot air in this article.
    just watched a Football Greatest programme on Sky about him earlier today
    would be great if he was the new Director

And some lad on twitter had said that he had turned down a shag in anticipation of the news.

Bet he is kicking himself now that silly f**k.

• Advertisement

This sacking of Brukner has me confused...He was supposed to be one of the best so what's their reasoning behind letting him go. Did he fall out with Dalglish?

Very confused...

Brukner wasn't sacked as far as I know, he was brought in to set up a new medical unit and employ the people to run it. In May after two seasons he is moving on.
    We are grateful to Peter who has been the catalyst for the transformation of our Sports Medicine and Sports Science capability at the Club since he joined two years ago. He has been instrumental in re-defining our requirements and bringing first class people into the team, providing us with a great platform to move forward. We wish him all the best for the future."

First team Manager Kenny Dalglish added: "The framework Peter has established has allowed us to see some very real results in relation to our overall levels of fitness and a reduction in injury levels. Peter acted as the key advisor to the club in this regard, and we wish him well in the future."

Peter Brukner commented: "It has been an honour to work at Liverpool Football Club. I am very proud of what we have achieved over the past two years, as can be seen by the reduced injury rate and improved fitness levels. With a world class staff now in place, I feel I have accomplished what I was asked to do by LFC in 2010 and the Club is in good hands. I wish the Club every success in the future."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Cheers for that Mike.

when exactly did this DOF position become so fecking important?

think the first one i heard of was dennis wise at chelsea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I think Linda should be DOF, She could attract endless abouts of players

Linda should deffo not be the new head of Sport medical science, "oh me groin, me groin need attention Miss!"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

eldwaro wrote: »
    when exactly did this DOF position become so fecking important?

think the first one i heard of was dennis wise at chelsea

Newcastle, not Chelsea. It's been tried on and off in UK football for years, never with any real success from what I can see. It has worked better in the continental model though.

Hmmmm I think cruyff could be a troublesome character. Not sure if he's been successful in this role before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

tumblr_m06461AL3U1qj5qufo2_250.png

Just in!!! Inauguration of Linda as DOF

Been sworn in now, live on LFC.TV!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Cruijff would make sense with the whole Barca like vision being employed by the club through Segura and Borrell.

All well and good but Cruijff is a ridiculously frustrating, antaganistic and divisive character.

Don't see how he'd work well with another person which he'd have to as DOF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't normally care about back pages but tomorrows Mirror is interesting.

AqT17x5CAAAzTHP.jpg

Bang oot of order.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

How come?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement