Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

So no matter what, Carra gets place in final, Though we were lucky to escape with way we set up back line today,

Seems carras feelings are more important that Trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

560661174.jpg?key=968600&Expires=1334440638&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=FmdGoSKqF0ruAugsLvrpm0plcpNK8oApX1-10uL1dvD117vhxtladsubrEny9AM0obt5ZiSpZiOjD~LRqkBD4~ofidUxVSV-6AIY34HBc2d0CfGB~eHTT1-wk1TTwQzhdS8oVY1L~gACZV8VFf7QJF-tlEDKCToqYBNKeyhd90U_

Rub it in why don't you
    other news, Roy is happy with 42 pts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

argosy2006 wrote: »
    So no matter what, Carra gets place in final, Though we were lucky to escape with way we set up back line today,

Seems carras feelings are more important that Trophies

Kenny plays local lads in the derby where possible. I doubt there'll be three Liverpool centre-halves on the pitch in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

On a side note, I would be delighted if we got Sigurdsson for good money, he looks really good player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

monkey9 wrote: »
    560661174.jpg?key=968600&Expires=1334440638&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=FmdGoSKqF0ruAugsLvrpm0plcpNK8oApX1-10uL1dvD117vhxtladsubrEny9AM0obt5ZiSpZiOjD~LRqkBD4~ofidUxVSV-6AIY34HBc2d0CfGB~eHTT1-wk1TTwQzhdS8oVY1L~gACZV8VFf7QJF-tlEDKCToqYBNKeyhd90U_

maybe its just the weekend thats in it, but i just don't feel like today is one for gloating.

i know i took part in that moyes thread, but its just not like we beat hated rivals today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

We basically need a Xabi Alonso/Scott Parker type player over the summer.
    Who fits that bill and is available is another story.

I think you're getting close to the reason Comolli was sacked and i'm surprised nobody here has mentioned it.

Late last week, Comolli secured the signature of Yann M'vila using his french network for a reported €12m fee. Unfortunately for him, he got too big for his boots and sanctioned the the first installment of money to be paid which was not under his remit to do without contacting FSG and breached his contract with Liverpool. Brukner had to go when they found out he performed a rogue medical in the back of Damien's peugeot.

I'm pretty sure that is what happened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gerty wrote: »
    I think you're getting close to the reason Comolli was sacked and i'm surprised nobody here has mentioned it.

Late last week, Comolli secured the signature of Yann M'vila using his french network for a reported €12m fee. Unfortunately for him, he got too big for his boots and sanctioned the the first installment of money to be paid which was not under his remit to do without contacting FSG and breached his contract with Liverpool. Brukner had to go when they found out he performed a rogue medical in the back of Damien's peugeot.

Cool story bro. Linky?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

On a side note, I would be delighted if we got Sigurdsson for good money, he looks really good player

Looks very good.

I'd imagine he could cost £10-15m.

He cost Hoffenheim £7m from Reading a couple of years ago.

eldwaro wrote: »
    maybe its just the weekend thats in it, but i just don't feel like today is one for gloating.

i know i took part in that moyes thread, but its just not like we beat hated rivals today.

I genuinely just think it's a great photo that sums up how everyone from both sides feel right now. In terms of the gloating, that's why i put this photo in here rather than the match thread which Everton fans are bound to read!!

• Advertisement

I was genuinely believing this thinking 'wtf' until i read the last sentence!!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    In 10 years time a team who won 2 trophies would be remembered as having a better season that 3rd or 4th in the league, hands down.

Who remembers who came 3rd 7,8,9 years ago? Not many. Plenty would remember who won the trophies though.

The CL is the pinnacle of club football and the cash involved means just qualifying is seen as an achievement for some clubs. I'd love to see us,when we do eventually qualify, to do so with a decent settled team not there to make up the numbers, which is unlikely anyway at our club anyway.

It's nice in our poor season to pick up silverware and are a game away from more.....

Qualifying for the CL is point less unless it's backed up with further silverware.

All Arsenal have to show for the last 7 years is a shiny new stadium which isn't bad I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

On a more serious note but I think the Comolli story has a lot more legs to run.

The timing and reasoning are totally bizarre and I fell we will be hearing a lot more in the coming weeks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Leiva wrote: »
    On a more serious note but I think the Comolli story has a lot more legs to run.

The timing and reasoning are totally bizarre and I fell we will be hearing a lot more in the coming weeks.

Not if in return for a nice payoff all sides signed legally binding agreements not to discuss it..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

spockety wrote: »
    Not if in return for a nice payoff all sides signed legally binding agreements not to discuss it..

I guess Gerty didn't sign:D

djPSB wrote: »

All Arsenal have to show for the last 7 years is a shiny new stadium which isn't bad I suppose.

I would give my right bòllox for LFC to be sitting as pretty as Arsenal now , and I'm not talking about the current league position, I'm talking about the club as a whole.

And there are probably lots and lots more teams above us aswell that think the same.

If UFFP takes hold like everyone hopes watch Arsenal fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I would give my right bòllox for LFC to be sitting as pretty as Arsenal now , and I'm talking about the league position, I'm talking about the club as a whole.

And there are probably lots and lots more teams above us aswell that think the same.

Was about to post something similiar. They are a good model to try an emulate finically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I guess Gerty didn't sign:D

I'm not going to let those reprobates get away with this.

Gonna blow this sh!t out of the water.

Edit - By the by, proud of the lads today, great 2nd half performance. And a special mention to Skrtel, back to his usual best.

I would give my right bòllox for LFC to be sitting as pretty as Arsenal now , and I'm not talking about the current league position, I'm talking about the club as a whole.

I agree. I think they will be the top team in the PL in 3 or 4 years time.

They have achieved what we are aiming for. Consistent CL qualification, new stadium and a top squad.

Maybe FSG are copying their model to every exact detail starting with hiring Comolli and then giving him the P45 :P

I'm not going to let those reprobates get away with this.

Gonna blow this sh!t out of the water.

Edit - By the by, proud of the lads today, great 2nd half performance. And a special mention to Skrtel, back to his usual best.

The Rigger/Andy Carroll is gonna hunt you down. You're straying into his ITK territory!!

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    I agree. I think they will be the top team in the PL in 3 or 4 years time.

They have achieved what we are aiming for. Consistent CL qualification, new stadium and a top squad.

Maybe FSG are copying their model to every exact detail starting with hiring Comolli and then giving him the P45 :P

Arsenal are the future alright!!!! I think they could be the next dynasty when Utd fade!!

On a side note.

Kenny mentioned after the win against Blackburn that two players had played their way into contention for today. I think Carroll was one of them.

I don't think it was in Kenny's original plan to play him today only for his good performance the other night.

_59656995_carroll_getty.jpg

Been fouled as usual, Not ashley young though, i get it ,

argosy2006 wrote: »
    _59656995_carroll_getty.jpg

Been fouled as usual, Not ashley young though, i get it ,

Maxi there as usual on the back post waiting for the tap in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

LimGal wrote: »
    So funny he posted it twice:p

£15m I heard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can't fault the effort today or against Blackburn and well who'd have thought Andy Carroll was a match winner?

Losing today would have been hard to get over, Cups do matter, thread has just got too black and white and nonsencical.

Anyway:

Probably too sentimental and we should move on.

YNWA.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

The 96 will never be forgotten, RIP.

Every year it comes around and every year i just can't comprehend how so many people can go to a football match and not come home!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

RIP to the 96

YMWA

• Advertisement

it was a long time i supported liverpool before i truely understood hillsborough.

said so well above...how can people go to a soccer match and not come home.

RIP to the 96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Gone but never forgotten

John Alfred Anderson (62)
    Colin Mark Ashcroft (19)
    James Gary Aspinall (18)
    Kester Roger Marcus Ball (16)
    Gerard Bernard Patrick Baron (67)
    Simon Bell (17)
    Barry Sidney Bennett (26)
    David John Benson (22)
    David William Birtle (22)
    Tony Bland (22)
    Paul David Brady (21)
    Andrew Mark Brookes (26)
    Carl Brown (18)
    David Steven Brown (25)
    Henry Thomas Burke (47)
    Peter Andrew Burkett (24)
    Paul William Carlile (19)
    Raymond Thomas Chapman (50)
    Gary Christopher Church (19)
    Joseph Clark (29)
    Paul Clark (18)
    Gary Collins (22)
    Stephen Paul Copoc (20)
    Tracey Elizabeth Cox (23)
    James Philip Delaney (19)
    Christopher Barry Devonside (18)
    Christopher Edwards (29)
    Vincent Michael Fitzsimmons (34)
    Thomas Steven Fox (21)
    Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10)
    Barry Glover (27)
    Ian Thomas Glover (20)
    Derrick George Godwin (24)
    Roy Harry Hamilton (34)
    Philip Hammond (14)
    Eric Hankin (33)
    Gary Harrison (27)
    Stephen Francis Harrison (31)
    Peter Andrew Harrison (15)
    David Hawley (39)
    James Robert Hennessy (29)
    Paul Anthony Hewitson (26)
    Carl Darren Hewitt (17)
    Nicholas Michael Hewitt (16)
    Sarah Louise Hicks (19)
    Victoria Jane Hicks (15)
    Gordon Rodney Horn (20)
    Arthur Horrocks (41)
    Thomas Howard (39)
    Thomas Anthony Howard (14)
    Eric George Hughes (42)
    Alan Johnston (29)
    Christine Anne Jones (27)
    Gary Philip Jones (18)
    Richard Jones (25)
    Nicholas Peter Joynes (27)
    Anthony Peter Kelly (29)
    Michael David Kelly (38)
    Carl David Lewis (18)
    David William Mather (19)
    Brian Christopher Mathews (38)
    Francis Joseph McAllister (27)
    John McBrien (18)
    Marion Hazel McCabe (21)
    Joseph Daniel McCarthy (21)
    Peter McDonnell (21)
    Alan McGlone (28)
    Keith McGrath (17)
    Paul Brian Murray (14)
    Lee Nicol (14)
    Stephen Francis O'Neill (17)
    Jonathon Owens (18)
    William Roy Pemberton (23)
    Carl William Rimmer (21)
    David George Rimmer (38)
    Graham John Roberts (24)
    Steven Joseph Robinson (17)
    Henry Charles Rogers (17)
    Colin Andrew Hugh William Sefton (23)
    Inger Shah (38)
    Paula Ann Smith (26)
    Adam Edward Spearritt (14)
    Philip John Steele (15)
    David Leonard Thomas (23)
    Patrik John Thompson (35)
    Peter Reuben Thompson (30)
    Stuart Paul William Thompson (17)
    Peter Francis Tootle (21)
    Christopher James Traynor (26)
    Martin Kevin Traynor (16)
    Kevin Tyrrell (15)
    Colin Wafer (19)
    Ian David Whelan (19)
    Martin Kenneth Wild (29)
    Kevin Daniel Williams (15)
    Graham John Wright (17)

RIP

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Still remember seeing it on tv so vivid

RIP to the 96
    YNWA

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was a kid who didn't understand the magnitude even though I was upset.

JFT 96. YNWA.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

RIP to the 96

I think what also should be remembered is that, ok it was Liverpool fans who died that day, (even typing that sentence makes me cold) but this is a football tragedy that should unite us all.

A lot of us go to football games. When i go, i expect to come home. If i died because of incompetence, i would hope that those close to me fought for my name and who i was.

I'm not even going to go into what those who were there that day suffered. It's just too sad. But people really should educate themselves on what happened that day and it's aftermath!

I'm so f*cking sick and tired of the victim tag that has been attributed to Liverpool fans and that city in general as a stick to beat the people with. People like Alan Davies etc!! How can football people in general use Hillsborough as a jibe??? It makes me so mad!!

• Advertisement

was looking for a hillsborough vid to watch in bed. thanks.

plan to watch most of the proceedings tomorrow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still remember being a kid and called in from the back garden to watch the semi-final. Will never forget what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Andy Carroll was fkin immense today.

He's been pushing towards this for the last few games. I hope he gets next season to prove himself, I think he's earned that.

His beaming interview after the game had me smiling long after, fair fking play to the lad. The English media hammering you at every corner can't have been easy, it takes a huge amount of character to come out the other side.

Respect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He' been pushing towards this for the last few games. I hope he gets next season to prove himself, I think he's earned that.

His beaming interview after the game had me smiling long after, fair fking play to the lad. The English media hammering you at every corner can't have been easy, it takes a huge amount of character to come out the other side.

Respect.

Was thinking the exact same thing :p

Hope he keeps it up and that KD rewards him next game with a start, deserves it.

• Advertisement

He' been pushing towards this for the last few games. I hope he gets next season to prove himself, I think he's earned that.

Respect.

I think he's a terrific player! The media and the obsessives go on about the transfer fee. Well, that's not his fault! Any chance we can discuss his ability??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

It promised to be a great day out
    Wembley next was the shout
    Unaware of what lay ahead
    Father decked son out all in red
    Red and white 3 lanes wide
    The mass migration of Merseyside
    The sun was up and laughter flowing
    Who could have ever doubted going?
    I watched from a distance - Row 48
    It all hit home far far too late
    One mate next to me, 3 down below
    Alive or dead I just didn't know
    We all came through and for that we give thanks
    And of the 96 others?
    ....Look after them Shanks.

R.I.P. 96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think he's a terrific player! The media and the obsessives go on about the transfer fee. Well, that's not his fault! Any chance we can discuss his ability??

He's shown glimpses of what he can do over the last few games but by and large you have to admit, he's been excruciatingly painful to watch and hasn't justified his transfer fee.

I didn't really come in here to have an Andy Carroll debate though.

===

RIP the 96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can't believe it's 23 years Christ I'm getting old.
    96 people went to a football match and never came home but it's the thousand of people and families that were deeply traumatised.
    Someday they will all get justice
    Ynwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Remember the 96. YNWA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Rest in Peace, 96 people who died that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

K-9 wrote: »
    Anyway:

Probably too sentimental and we should move on.

YNWA.

Wasn't expecting it but that makes me almost as emotional has the Rafa video from last year.

Nine years before the Hillsborough disaster (1981) Spurs fans also got trapped in the death trap that was the Leppings lane end of Hillsborough stadium.
    But luckily they let the fans flood onto the pitch.
    Here's the only available footage....

And again in 1988 there was a similar incident .

Lessons never learned . A stadium whos safety cert was 10years out of date .Poor policing on 15.4.1989 . And the shameful lies to scapegoat the truth .

JFT96 NOW !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement