Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Always remembered and never forgotten,

R.I.P. to the 96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think he's a terrific player! The media and the obsessives go on about the transfer fee. Well, that's not his fault! Any chance we can discuss his ability??

I still think his lack of a first touch/technique will prevent him from being a top striker.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Remember it so well, sad memories which will never be forgotten.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I can't even begin to imagine how painful this day was for people who had relatives/friends in the crowd.

JFT 96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

JFT96... rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I simply don't have the words.

Never forget.

JFT96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

EXPOSE THE LIES BEFORE THATCHER DIES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I am not ashamed to say that I cry when I watch some of the videos. I remember sitting down with my Dad that day watching the match, when it was stopped, he went off to the kitchen to make a cuppa, and a few minutes later I went out to him and said, somethings wrong, they are saying people died, got crushed, I cried that day too.
    The campaign to bring to justice the people who made mistakes that day in how they handled the situation and the hope that one day the truth will be told, will never bring back those 96 fans who went to watch their team play in an FA cup semi-final 23 years ago and never came home. April 15th will always be imprinted on my mind.

JFT 96

RIP the 96. YNWA

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Those who went to a football match, to never return will never be forgotten.

RIP.

JFT96.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Rest in peace the 96.

LFC.tv free today for memorial service, starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

RIP The 96.

YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I could not begin to imagine the horror and fear being in the crowd that day.
    My thoughts also go out to the families who had to witness the death of those 96.
    Not a Liverpool fan myself but my Dad often talks about that day.
    YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RIP 96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Watching the memorial, I liked that I watch the sunshine hymn, dunno about this Hillsborough Anthem though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

R.I.P. the 96. YNWA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

newbadge.gif

For the

4325933265_641b34c2df.jpg

RIP the 96 who never returned home from a football game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As always a very well attended and respectful memorial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Classy divils those Ajax fans ....
    @Ajaxshowtimecom: @thisisanfield Ajax stadium singing 'You'll never walk alone' for the disaster #AFCA #respect #justice #ajagra”

Also on the tonight's semi .

I read on Twitter obviously if we win the FA Cup we go straight into the group stages of the Europa avoiding an extra four matches and having to start the season on Aug 2nd , but also if we loose to a team who has CL football guaranteed then we also go straight into the group stages.

Something to think about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Leiva wrote: »

I read on Twitter obviously if we win the FA Cup we go straight into the group stages of the Europa avoiding an extra four matches and having to start the season on Aug 2nd , but also if we loose to a team who has CL football guaranteed then we also go straight into the group stages.

ok so say chelsea win today.....should we field the youngsters against them in the league in a few weeks to help them to get fourth against spurs so we don't have to play those europa league qualifiers in deepest darkest georgia or wherever....in return of course they lie down in the FA cup final

so we get fa cup, they get champions league and everybody's a winner, i'd be on the blower to roman abrahmovich right now if I was the new director of football at liverpool, the russians love a dodgy deal too - it all makes perfect sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

should have explained that in my post on the match thread that the FA Cup spot is a group stage start where are the League cup spot has 2 qualifying rounds.

The league spot has 1 qualifying round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

donfers wrote: »
    ok so say chelsea win today.....should we field the youngsters against them in the league in a few weeks to help them to get fourth against spurs so we don't have to play those europa league qualifiers in deepest darkest georgia or wherever....in return of course they lie down in the FA cup final

so we get fa cup, they get champions league and everybody's a winner, i'd be on the blower to roman abrahmovich right now if I was the new director of football at liverpool, the russians love a dodgy deal too - it all makes perfect sense

Nah, we'll just beat them twice, they get nothing

JFT96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sickening stuff at Old Trafford, is that three games in a row now?
    I'm not giving out about the dive, some players will dive, but how the **** are they continually given game after game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Suarez & Jones :D

Suarez-and-Jones-GIF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Sickening stuff at Old Trafford, is that three games in a row now?
    I'm not giving out about the dive, some players will dive, but how the **** are they continually given game after game.

Nothing to do with Liverpool. Take it to the Utd thread.

Suarez & Jones :D

Suarez-and-Jones-GIF.gif

and Webb :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I think he likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7675318/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Liverpool

more onto what i was saying bout Jones' attitude. If he is happy to stay as second or more suitably third, give the man a contract.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Liverpool. Take it to the Utd thread.

It's to do with ref decision in the premier league.
    Report the post and don't back seat mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's to do with ref decision in the premier league.
    Report the post and don't back seat mod.

And take that other post to the stalkers, perverts, possible kidnappers forum.:pac:

If you ever go missing, we know who the culprit will be:pac:

Suarez-and-Jones-GIF.gif

Nice touch by Jelavic to bow and pay hummage to us:D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Nice touch by Jelavic to bow and pay hummage to us:D

lol.

Jelevic and co outside Anfield this morning...

http://www.overlandthebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/mosque-bowing-golden-moment.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

alot of rumours doing the rounds on Everton forums that Royston Drenthe will be moving to Liverpool in the summer.

He was left out of the squad for yesterdays game over disciplinary issues, heard talk that it was related to his agent has turned his head to our attention, but i'll believe it only when I see it.

Sorry to say, but they sung it for Ajax player Bruno Silva who might have to retire from football.

Brad-Jones-Celebrates-Carroll-Goal.gif

Suarez-Jones-Hug.gif

Couple more GIFs.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    alot of rumours doing the rounds on Everton forums that Royston Drenthe will be moving to Liverpool in the summer.

He was left out of the squad for yesterdays game over disciplinary issues, heard talk that it was related to his agent has turned his head to our attention, but i'll believe it only when I see it.

Lol, I'm sure Gerrard would be happy :pac:

Rather we avoid him to be honest, very talented but real lack of character and love for the game many do say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

-Ade- wrote: »
    Lol, I'm sure Gerrard would be happy :pac:

Rather we avoid him to be honest, very talented but real lack of character and love for the game many do say.

I remember we played Feyenoord in pre season a few years back and he was really throwing himself about, showing no respect for Gerrard, Masch, Alonso etc... have to say I was impressed by his fight, but you are right he seems to be one of these lads who has made his first few million and is content to mess about now with it.

Very very talented, but a definite spikey character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ready made replacement for Babel.
    When he’s not too busy romancing smoking-hot women, Drenthe spends much of his free time in pursuit of the arts with his blossoming gangsta rap career. In 2008, he featured on Dutch artist U-Niq’s track ‘Tak Takie’, alongside former Ajax and Liverpool starlet Ryan Babel no less, before correctly deciding that the more established rapper was clearly holding him back and cutting a record of his own in July entitled ‘Jemay-Lee’ after his daughter and second child.

Spearing is half an inch taller than him. :pac:

Our line up would look great. Andy, Spearing, Coates, Drenthe. ^-^-

There appears to be far more empty seats at wembley today than yesterday....too far for them to travel I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    There appears to be far more empty seats at wembley today than yesterday....too far for them to travel I guess!

Could have been hard yesterday to distinguish empty red seats though at Liverpool end!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I can't figure out who I'd prefer for the final. I love beating Chelsea but am worried about their form in the competition. Only one defeat in 21 (on penos). Whereas spurs seems to be our bogey team. I wish we could just play Everton again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

I can't figure out who I'd prefer for the final. I love beating Chelsea but am worried about their form in the competition. Only one defeat in 21 (on penos). Whereas spurs seems to be our bogey team. I wish we could just play Everton again!

Chelsea for me. Spurs are defo our bogey team although they are falling to pieces of late. Yeah wish we could just play Everton every week. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We still have to play Chelsea at Anfield, don't we?

monkey9 wrote: »
    We still have to play Chelsea at Anfield, don't we?

yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

rarnes1 wrote: »

That's not even true. Is it Not Lucas leiva....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Chelsea for me. Spurs are defo our bogey team although they are falling to pieces of late. Yeah wish we could just play Everton every week. :p

Spurs for me, after that disgrace during minute silence.

#noclass #norespect #nohistory #plasticflag

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement