Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

i for one am now quite glad we are no where near the champions league...

the holy mortification of playing anyone in it!

(i know i dont really mean this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I still hope real win the champions league though. Then xabi will have won a liga and a second champions league. That should be enough to satisfy him and he can come home.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I still hope real win the champions league though. Then xabi will have won a liga and a second champions league. That should be enough to satisfy him and he can come home.

Might not tie in quite do well with the Rafa theories flying about ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

PFL wrote: »
    I also thought this, Aquaman was making a big difference to unlocking defences (something we're clearly lacking now) The whole debacle has been a head scratch.

John W Henry tweeted his approval of Aqua in pre-season, Kenny came out loads of times saying how fortunate LFC were to have Aqua back in the squad and then there was that video in Oslo of Aqua and Comolli having a 'row' of sorts about transfer / loan deal.

Now we can't give him away for a box of tic tacs. It's like history repeating itself and we'll now be subject to daily updates by Aqua's agent of him staying, going or coming back to ____________ (insert clubs name here)

That tweet was hilarious tbf, someone should repost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

@John_W_Henry: One missing link last year: Acquilani. Put the ball near Ngog and the goal and it's going in. Too much talk of them somewhere else.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Fair play, I remember cringing all right when I read it at the time. I had a vision of him sitting in Boston with the jersey on, Linda with her LFC pj's on and him shouting TOUCHDOWN I MEAN GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then it turns out those ex Liverpool stars are in fact not quite good enough. Phew! ;)

Fair play, I remember cringing all right when I read it at the time. I had a vision of him sitting in Boston with the jersey on, Linda with her LFC pj's on and him shouting TOUCHDOWN I MEAN GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL

It just seemed a poor attempt to increase their price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Anybody stuck for an FA Cup final ticket,over on Irishkop a lad is doing a reverse auction with all cash going to Our Lady's Hospital in Crumlin.

REVERSE AUCTION: 1 FA Cup Final Ticket up for grabs!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I would LOVE IT if city won the league, Newcastle got 4th, Bayern won the Cl and we won the FA cup

That would just about shut up every wise ass know it all billy big boots Ive come across all year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

adam out for season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

barone wrote: »
    adam out for season

We'll survive. :pac:

Seriously though, at this stage it doesn't matter considering there's only 4/5 games left.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

barone wrote: »
    adam out for next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Stevie Gerrard is on the late late show tomorrow night apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Stevie Gerrard is on the late late show tomorrow night apparently

If true and if it is a live interview, then might mean he is not playing against Norwich at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Kess73 wrote: »
    If true and if it is a live interview, then might mean he is not playing against Norwich at the weekend

someone at work said it was mentioned on 2fm first thing this morning, may be a pre recorded interview done today or friday morn. Very random altogether

Jayob10 wrote: »
    someone at work said it was mentioned on 2fm first thing this morning, may be a pre recorded interview done today or friday morn. Very random altogether

With Saturday's game being an early kick off I would take Gerrard being in Ireland on Friday as meaning he is not starting and probably not in the squad tbh.

He has been popping up on quite a few shows of late, so maybe his book is being reissued yet again at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

He has been popping up on quite a few shows of late, so maybe his book is being reissued yet again at the end of the season.

Had he added a few more chapters or something?

Cant understand why footballers who are still playing the game release autobiographies.

Was listening to online radio last night and there was talk of Sigurdsson having a 10 million price tag put on him for this summer and that Hoffenheim will not sell for less.

10m pound or euro would be a very good price to get him at imho.

• Advertisement

Cant understand why footballers who are still playing the game release autobiographies.

Himself and Carragher have reissued their books a couple of times already to add in chapters on new managers/new seasons etc. So would probably make sense that he is due to reissue it again to take in this season with Kenny and the two cup finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I would LOVE IT if city won the league, Newcastle got 4th, Bayern won the Cl and we won the FA cup

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

totally random but can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, I wonder what the motivation could be.....hardly be money would it?

I don't understand that people want to buy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard it suggested that Gerrard is crocked for the rest of the season. It really doesn't matter how true or not that is, it always sounds plausible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

With Saturday's game being an early kick off I would take Gerrard being in Ireland on Friday as meaning he is not starting and probably not in the squad tbh.

It's an evening kick-off I thought, as ESPN are showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

late late is recorded today im told, stevies bit, apparently a special lady maybe receiving a surprise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Sappy404 wrote: »

yep, its the 5.30 game Saturday

Sappy404 wrote: »

You are right. For some reason I had it as being a 12:30 kick off.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Just eight days before he leads his team out at Wembley in the FA Cup final, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will be appearing on the Late Late Show.
    We were going to make a joke about Steven Gerrard being very familiar with appearing in a long running and past its best franchise but we didn’t want to hurt Ryan Tubridy’s feelings.

Instead we are still a bit shocked to read that appearing alongside actress Kym Marsh on the Late Late this Friday is Liverpool’s main man Steven Gerrard. The Reds captain should be lining out for Liverpool, against Norwich, on Saturday afternoon but he is prepping for the game with a quick trip over to Dublin to talk to Ryan and the Irish nation.

It has been a very interesting year, to say the least, for Liverpool so we can’t wait to see Ryan press the English international on the Suarez/Evra case, the torrid form of Liverpool since January 1, the relationship between Kenny Dalglish and the American owners, the ongoing court case regarding previous owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett and the conundrum that is Andy Carroll.

Then he could turn to the continued lack of an England manager for the Euros, the potentially fractious split in the camp over the John Terry/Anton Ferdinand case and the tricky question of how they will cope without Wayne Rooney for the first two games. We’re sure that all these topics will be covered in depth by Tubs so we can’t wait. And worst case scenario, one of the other guests is Lorna Byrne, an Irish mystic that sees angels and fairies. Maybe she can answer some of these if Stevie G doesn’t.

And if the lads in the band play ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ ahead of a Phil Collins track for his walk on music we’ll be very upset. Viewing figures should be good this week anyway.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-will-want-to-watch-the-late-late-tomorrow-night-0023995-1

Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Should be good.

Sligo vs St Pats on RTE 2 beforehand as well. Should be a great game if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Was listening to online radio last night and there was talk of Sigurdsson having a 10 million price tag put on him for this summer and that Hoffenheim will not sell for less.

Do you think he would be as effective in a two man midfield as he is a 3?

Am just not sure he is the type of midfield player we need he plays a similure role to what would be henderson, gerrard, shelvey and adam most natural position.

I would be hoping for someone that can partner lucas and dictate the game but when lucas doesnt play is more than capable of holding their own in a 2 man midfield without lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Any news on the new jersey for next season or do we have to wait for adidas to run their course before any pictures go out? I know some of the players did a photoshoot for it a couple of months ago but nothing leaked :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

£20M would be a snip for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kfallon wrote: »
    Any news on the new jersey for next season or do we have to wait for adidas to run their course before any pictures go out? I know some of the players did a photoshoot for it a couple of months ago but nothing leaked :(

There's been a few pics of supposed new jerseys doing the rounds but nothing definite

One of them has the third strip being purple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Said it before but the problem I have with Sigurdsson is that unless we have a huge amount of money to spend in the summer I would like the focus elsewhere. I would be buying a central midfielder, striker and winger before I even looked at the another player for the CAM type role.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

After watching Bayern vs Real last night, I was impressed with a few players for Bayern most notably David Alaba. I don't watch much Euro football but maybe Kess might suggest some players of the same ilk as Alaba that we could look towards getting in the summer window. :)

Looks like Guardiola will be a free agent very soon

Another glorious day to be a Liverpool fan comrades.

amiable wrote: »
    Looks like Guardiola will be a free agent very soon

It will be is own doing .

I cant see him getting sacked .

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »
    It will be is own doing .

I cant see him getting sacked .

The rumour is he will resign tomorrow

After watching Bayern vs Real last night, I was impressed with a few players for Bayern most notably David Alaba. I don't watch much Euro football but maybe Kess might suggest some players of the same ilk as Alaba that we could look towards getting in the summer window. :)

Ya he was brilliant. Cool as you like for the penalty as well. MotM for me.

He was on a yellow card from the 7th minute as well. Also knew he was gonna miss the final.

Abramovich will snap him up I'd say.

I think he needs a break if he is going to resign.

Abramovich will snap him up I'd say.

I think he needs a break if he is going to resign.

If he does go straight back(if he resigns) in to management I don't think it would be with Chelsea but who knows

You know what forget about all these marquee signings, big names, big fees .

Just give me a couple of decent hard working players with the right attitude.

no potential purchases, PL proven, Johnny English crap ! ...just a decent player please.

rant over .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That would be odd. They still have the Copa del Rey to play for.

And as it is his contract runs out in the summer.

Gbear wrote: »
    That would be odd. They still have the Copa del Rey to play for.

And as it is his contract runs out in the summer.

He'd still see out the season i'd say.

It's merely a rumour at the moment. :)

Hodgson for Barca :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not a chance we'll sign him, nor him leaving Bayern for the foreseeable future. Bayern aren't a selling club and they see him as the next (great) Lizarazu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why would a Champion's league finalist and potential winner come to play for us?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement