Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

amiable wrote: »
    Chelsea website confirm Marin will sign

if that 8million price tag is true, im going to kill someone...

ive wanted him at lfc for about 2 years now...last time i wanted a player so bad, his name was luis suarez!!!

ah well...marin was never going to over look chelsea for us...damn shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

eldwaro wrote: »
    if that 8million price tag is true, im going to kill someone...

ive wanted him at lfc for about 2 years now...last time i wanted a player so bad, his name was luis suarez!!!

ah well...marin was never going to over look chelsea for us...damn shame.
    @JenChang88: Marko Marin hasn't yet reached the level some predicted for him 2 yrs ago but a great little player & at that €7-8M price, a bargain.”

You bet your bottom dollar then that Hazard ain't going there (Chelsea ) now .

Jeez it's a massive transfer window for LFC , especially after the mistakes made last time, and everyone else around us pushing on.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

amiable wrote: »
    The ''ITK's'' missed that Marin deal completely

Yeah Rigger has been fairly substandard since the name change, on the plus side it shows his dedication to the Andy Carroll persona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Leiva wrote: »
    You bet your bottom dollar then that Hazard ain't going there (Chelsea ) now .

Jeez it's a massive transfer window for LFC , especially after the mistakes made last time, and everyone else around us pushing on.:(

Your joking right?

Chelsea will still be in for Hazard alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah that has been all over the French media for a few days now. Both Manchester clubs are meant to have come in to try and get him this summer.

Will not be a happy camper if he lines up against us next season*

*unless of course Kenny is going to surprise me by getting Welliton, Belhanda, Hoilett and Sissoko this summer.:D

*and Siggy:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah Rigger has been fairly substandard since the name change, on the plus side it shows his dedication to the Andy Carroll persona.

Bang oot of order.

Your joking right?

Chelsea will still be in for Hazard alright

If City are in for him it won't make any difference...with the exception of maybe Guardiola taking over I can't see him going there, but I think Pep has too much class and too little ego to end up there.

Bang oot of order.

no way am I that slow...

Rigger = Andy Carroll? I thought he was on holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

no way am I that slow...

Riggandy Carroll doesn't do holidays. Too dedicated.

£35million for a player with 19 PL apperances and 11 goals .

Fùcking Hell :(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

£35million for a player with 19 PL apperances and 11 goals .

Fùcking Hell :(:mad:

Best upgrade to broadband mate, your 56k connection seems to take it's time in getting your posts up.

Either that or you found a time machine and went back to 31st Jan 2011 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

401670_401545013210847_118450714853613_1277072_380002748_n.jpg

Four trialists from Nacional

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

ASOT wrote: »

chelsea in for marin

citeh in for hazard

utd in for kagawa

pool in for four uruguayan kids who just started secondary school and with no director of football in place

promising summer ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

ASOT wrote: »

I thought it was some new boyband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Everton winning 2-0 :( - Would hate for us to finish behind them in the league this year!!

Suppose at least there long period of not winning a cup will continue thanks to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Jelavic has been such a cracking signing for them. I remember quite a few deriding the notion of us signing him when we were linked in January.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Everton winning 2-0 :( - Would hate for us to finish behind them in the league this year!!

Suppose at least there long period of not winning a cup will continue thanks to us!
    On the topic of Everton.

Jelavic looks like a great buy for them.

I laughed when we were linked to him last year. Thought he was not PL standard. Looks like I was wrong. Could have done with a guy like him, who knows where the back of the net is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

opr wrote: »
    Jelavic has been such a cracking signing for them. I remember quite a few deriding the notion of us signing him when we were linked in January.

Opr
    Ha, that is bizzare timing :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

not too bothered if we finish 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th, outside of 4th and you're nothing - for them it will be everything to finish above us - shows how small-time they are, they'll probably release a dvd (dvd probably won't include 2 derby league defeats and FA cup semi-final defeat)

everton are not our rivals - once 4th was gone and we had cup finals on our minds, rightly or wrongly performance level drops, let them have their smalltime smallminded bragging rights while we concentrate on winning trophies and returning to the CL, that's how we measure ourselves - not if we finish 7th or 8th, that's the difference between the clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

DDC1990 wrote: »
    On the topic of Everton.

I laughed when we were linked to him last year. Thought he was not PL standard. Looks like I was wrong. Could have done with a guy like him, who knows where the back of the net is.

Sounds exactly like what we are missing this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

If City get Hazard we have to go after Adam Johnson. I said a couple of months ago the three players we should go get were Ramirez, Johnson and one of Huntelaar/Cardozo.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    On the topic of Everton.

Andy Carroll knew where the back of the new was for 6 moths too though and look how that turned out.

He's is another potential reason in a long list that may have led to Comolli getting the boot. Before his goals today twitter had a stat that out of the 44 goals for Rangers and Everton combined, 41 have been scored with just one touch!

Opr

Opr

He has been great for them. Pretty sure that I did not want him at Liverpool last January and instead wanted to see us sign a more established finisher.

Did not realise that his transfer fee was only between £4m and £5m. For some reason I thought there was a bigger number being looked for in January.

Today is his 14th game for Everton and with 45minutes of the game still to go he is on 12 goals from those games.

Will be interesting to see if he can continue to get goals on a regular basis next season though, but this season he has been worth every penny they spent on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I got slated to bits for saying he would be a good signing. Hes the only rangers player i liked. I know its only early days yet but i can tell hes gonna be the same next season!

Anyone else fearing a silly red card today to a key player for next weeks final ?

Anyone else fearing a silly red card today to a key player for next weeks final ?

Wouldn't be too upset if Pepe got a red so Doni could play in the final, but he probably wouldn't last the 90 minutes.

Kess73 wrote: »
    He has been great for them. Pretty sure that I did not want him at Liverpool last January and instead wanted to see us sign a more established finisher.

Did not realise that his transfer fee was only between £4m and £5m. For some reason I thought there was a bigger number being looked for in January.

Today is his 14th game for Everton and with 45minutes of the game still to go he is on 12 goals from those games.

Will be interesting to see if he can continue to get goals on a regular basis next season though, but this season he has been worth every penny they spent on him.

I remember at the time not being very enthused with the link but didn't know enough to voice an opinion. I had never seen him play. I was just surprised at the strong anti feeling towards him as it takes a special kind of person to suffer through enough Scottish football these days to have formed an opinion on him.

You're right on the price. I remember the fees being quoted when he was linked with us being much higher.

Edit - Wow 4-4 in Swansea - Wolves game I am watching!!!!!!

Opr

I remember at the time not being very enthused with the link but didn't know enough to voice an opinion. I had never seen him play. I was just surprised at the strong anti feeling towards him as it takes a special kind of person to suffer through enough Scottish football these days to have formed an opinion on him.

You're right on the price. I remember the fees being quoted when he was linked with us being much higher.

Edit - Wow 4-4 in Swansea - Wolves game I am watching!!!!!!

Opr

Have to be honest and say that I based my opinion on him on very few viewings as I really don't like Scottish football. He just struck me as a player who was at the highest level he would reach when he was in Scotland.

Am watching the same game as ya. Proper goalfest isn't it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Aside from Carragher starting ahead of Coates....

Having Coates, Martin Kelly and Skrtel on the bench is pointless and bad management. Anyway, g'wan the lads.

donfers wrote: »
    not too bothered if we finish 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th, outside of 4th and you're nothing - for them it will be everything to finish above us - shows how small-time they are, they'll probably release a dvd (dvd probably won't include 2 derby league defeats and FA cup semi-final defeat)

everton are not our rivals - once 4th was gone and we had cup finals on our minds, rightly or wrongly performance level drops, let them have their smalltime smallminded bragging rights while we concentrate on winning trophies and returning to the CL, that's how we measure ourselves - not if we finish 7th or 8th, that's the difference between the clubs

Biggest games of every season, for me, are against Everton, and it has been that way since I was old enough to follow footy. I know that for many Liverpool supporters who grew up in other countries that games against Man Utd may seem like the big rivalry, but beating Everton has that little bit of extra sweetness about it for anyone local.

I love beating Man U, but beating Everton is even better.

Beating Norwich today would be pretty sweet as well though. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wasn't £9M or around that the fee being touted around the papers for Jelavic when he was linked with us?

-Ade- wrote: »
    Wasn't £9M or around that the fee being touted around the papers for Jelavic when he was linked with us?

I had something like 10m or 12m in my head, so you could be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Silva picked up an assist today in a 1-1 draw for Northampton today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Opr

I'm confidant we would have made him gash.
    -Ade- wrote: »

We get a special price nowadays thanks to negotiating skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Seeing us linked with Gaston Ramirez and Sigurdsonn, do you think it's possible that we won't be in for a CF this summer and are looking for someone to play behind Suarez, with Carroll as back up/plan B?

Suarez's finishing has been sublime today, and he's shown that with space he can finish...usually he is crowded out and has to try to do it all himself.

Still I have doubts about Suarez's consistency in front of goal and would prefer a natural CF over an AM. Or both!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

no way am I that slow...

I knew Andy Carroll was Rigger, but out of interest was Leiva a different poster before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Levia is Suarez who was Torres (I think!) I'm dead set against name changing.

Edit I'm wrong.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Leiva was Mixednuts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

So unlucky by Shelvey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well. That'll do nicely.

No doubt there'll be people chiming in "but Norwich were ****!".

Yeah but **** teams are often ****. That's why we call them **** teams.

They're **** against other teams aswell. We've just lacked the ruthlessness to bury them.
    4 shots - 3 on target - 3 goals for Suarez today is a bit more like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Peach from Suarez for his third. When I saw him break I was shouting at the screen "Why the f*ck are you slowing down, sprint it's a one on one!" Then he chipped it and I kept screaming until I saw it hit the net!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Brilliant stuff, could've won by more by a suarez hat trick will certainly do, fulham got a drumming today so hopefully we can pick up another win then and tis set up lovely for the fa cup final :D

i dont wanna be all over the top...

but will this make the short list for goal of the season?

G.K. wrote: »
    Leiva was Mixednuts?

rigger and mixed nuts,

please send out memo's the next time ye do this will ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

If ever there was an appropriate time for that Randy ectoplasm pic its now - what a fantastic hat trick from Suarez! If he had missed that 3rd goal Bellamy would have gone cracked as he was in acres of space.

Hoki wrote: »
    If ever there was an appropriate time for that Randy ectoplasm pic its now - what a fantastic hat trick from Suarez! If he had missed that 3rd goal Bellamy would have gone cracked as he was in acres of space.

match thread....was way ahead of ya

dude....thats eh...no ectoplasm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

i dont wanna be all over the top...

but will this make the short list for goal of the season?

Premier league official?

I would be amazed given the racism judgment.

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    Premier league official?

I would be amazed given the racism judgment.

same crossed my mind....

hard to deny it as a contender...

its Suarez vs Coates for club goal of the season now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement