Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton Street Door?!

Options
  • 27-03-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

What's the story with the front door being shut? It's doing my head in having to walk all the way round to Kings Inn :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

heard earlier today it wont be reopening and a door to the bolton street car park will be used. top notch from dit, closing the main door for over 100 years to a building

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Surely it has something to do with the painting that was going on there a while ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Dopes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It is being done up at the moment for the president who is visiting soon. Place could do with a facelift anyway.

It is being done up at the moment for the president who is visiting soon. Place could do with a facelift anyway.
    thats tomorrow i think and id imagine they will use it alright but we had a health and safety lecture yesterday and someone said (think it was a porter wasnt paying attention, usual shite) that it wont be reopening, part of the renovations plan:mad:

edit: i hope to god they dont, id imagine it will piss off a lot and they will be forced to back down eventually. for once i wish they would just plan in advance... i see they have already backed down on the smoking and built a new crap plastic shelter (guessing they dumped the old one, but they had a bloody competition last year for a new one that they could have built!)
    i call on our new elected representative voltwad to yell at them for us:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

emmm....ya I heard just tomorrow for the President then never again. Apparently in its 100 years it has never been put down on the records as an official exit to the college so for Health and Safety reasons it shouldn't be open!!! Random but yes I guess we can just wait and see.

On another note the kings Inn entrance isn't exactly 100 miles away to walk to either....get over it people!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭PaperArchitect

The King's Inn entrance isn't very far away but Linen Hall is now even more disconnected from the main building than it already was.

It's part of the plan to use it as a ceremonial entrance only but it's ridiculous. The main building is now dead from the main entrance to the main concourse. It's a disgrace that such a large building only has a single entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

With the Bolton Street building being a listed building does the closing of the entrance have anything to do with the windows. I know they have not been able to replace the windows on that side of the building. Not sure if this is the reasoning behind it. An architect would know.

The King's Inn entrance isn't very far away but Linen Hall is now even more disconnected from the main building than it already was. +1
    It's part of the plan to use it as a ceremonial entrance only but it's ridiculous.
    they told us it was part of the plan by 2 former graduates who are working on one which was a straight out lie... they seem to forget that there is contact between years
    With the Bolton Street building being a listed building does the closing of the entrance have anything to do with the windows. I know they have not been able to replace the windows on that side of the building. Not sure if this is the reasoning behind it. An architect would know.
    door would have no effect, listed elements can be replaced but they must match the old... ideally they are just properly maintained. i think you would also have to deal with building heritage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

.. So is it fair to say that this door will be remaining closed. The cermony was a week ago? and yet the door is still shut. With the open day will it be reopened? kinda annoying doing a roundabout of the building.

• Advertisement
Advertisement