Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Computer Science by Negotiated Learning

Options
  • 27-03-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys. I am interested in applying for the MSc in Computer Science by Negotiated Learning this year and was hoping someone here might be able to fill me in on it a bit more.

The UCD site seems to say the fees vary depending on the year—what do you think they'll be this year?

I've heard it's difficult to get into the course too. I have a first class honors degree in Physics but no industry experience at all (it's been near impossible to find work of any sort since graduation), what do you think my chances of getting accepted are? I do have decent understanding of programming in C, and a bit in Java.

I'm mainly interested in doing some of the programming courses and throwing in a physics and mathematics module or two. Anyone have similar expectations or experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

The UCD site seems to say the fees vary depending on the year—what do you think they'll be this year?

This programe and other IT related UCD programmes such as the MSc in Business Analytics, MSc in Advanced Software Engineering are subsidised by the HEA Advanced Skills programme and so the fee is set by the HEA. This will be €2750 for the 2012-2013 academic year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 magpie0508

I was accepted by the programme, how about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Forgive my ignorance - whats negotiated learning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 magpie0508

it means you can choose specified courses from their "course pool", which, from some angle, means you can design your future career, sort of things like that....quoted from official website...

Advertisement