Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting for water in fruit added to dough

Options
  • 27-03-2012 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

I just tried to bake a fougasse bread and I decided to try and add grated pear to it. But the dough wouldnt come together properly and it was still a pile of mush after 10 mins of kneeding.
    Next time i will take away some water to account for the pear juices. Anyone know how much water i should take out for one pear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I
    Next time i will take away some water to account for the pear juices. Anyone know how much water i should take out for one pear?

No way that anyone can give an answer to that. Pears come in all shapes and sizes and some are juicier than others.

I thinkt the best way to start is to measure the volume of the grated pear before using it.

Then, if it is the wrong consistency after a few minutes kneading, you should add more flour until it was right.

Advertisement