Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 - Patch 1.04 Thoughts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Viper armour has been either nerfed or the tunguska has been given a boost. Was flying the viper on wake rush yesterday and got shot down by the tunguska's main turrets in seconds. Wasn't even anywhere near it and didn't have any time to get away at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Viper armour has been either nerfed or the tunguska has been given a boost. Was flying the viper on wake rush yesterday and got shot down by the tunguska's main turrets in seconds. Wasn't even anywhere near it and didn't have any time to get away at all.

LAv and Tunguskas cannons are mental now choppers tougher than planes now. But both get ripped apart in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Famas is quite difficult to use now, but I'll stick with it as it's still pretty good. As for the rest of the patch it seems quite good. I'm reallt happy with the menu exit button :)

I still am having a problem with tanks though. When I lock on to an enemy tank the guided rounds won't fire. It normally happens on the second cycle eg Guided, Normal Round, Guided. I've lost a lot of duels due to this as the time I lose removing lock and trying again means I'm 1-2 rounds behind, not to mention the time wasted smashing R1 while on lock! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm finding tanks much easier to use since the patch.I don't know if I', playing against bad players or what but the main cannon seems much better against infantry and I'm able to blow up other tanks in 2 shots now.I got 18k tank points in 1 game at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Chavways wrote: »
    I'm finding tanks much easier to use since the patch.I don't know if I', playing against bad players or what but the main cannon seems much better against infantry and I'm able to blow up other tanks in 2 shots now.I got 18k tank points in 1 game at the weekend.
    I was finding it worse TBH, seemed to take a direct hit to kill with little splash damage.

Got the patch on 360 yesterday and jumped into a Metro conquest 1000 sever, I was running COVR and suppression wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be.
    Started using the RPK-74M and got 73 kills :eek: the new extended mags gives you 200 rounds (46 without) but keeps the fast clip reload, too easy to spray in 50+ round bursts at multiple enemies and let the suppression keep you safe.
    .44 Magnum fires considerably faster now :cool:
    Claymores are useless now that they disappear after death.

Then played vehicle conquest maps:

C4 still perfectly useable just not really for traps.
    AT mines are back in fashion again.
    Repair tool far less effective.

Reactive armour is a must on tanks now and you need to be far more sneaky, whoever fires first has a massive advantage.
    Guided shell far more powerful against tanks, one guided & one unguided and their done.
    Tanks can't hold their own against attack helis any more, you can barely get a CITV lock before your dead.

Flares and ECM are very random for helis.
    Enemy lock on times seem faster as does the speed of their missles.
    Air radar pretty useless now that they "fixed" it.
    Havoc not a brick anymore :D
    Finding it harder to lead targets with the rockets now :(

Still havn't gotten used to no timer at the start of rounds either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Badly need a filter for custom servers, most of them if you play well the admin kicks you.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Finding the servers with the tickets set to 2000 to be very annoying. Playing a single map for over an hour gets so boring and normally ends up in just a spawn camp fest when playing lesser teams which is not interesting at all. Also playing on these servers and having game freeze and losing all stats is super annoying. The suppression really doesn't bother me at all. I am now finding the majority of weapon attachments to be fairly useless. Being able to quit out in loading screens is great and it took them long enough to implement it. An 91 is crazy good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm loving the patch tbh. Got rid of loads of the ****e that pissed me off and I'm loving the huge ticket servers (360). LMGs seem to be less frequent now and I've only encountered a USAS once.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    An 91 is crazy good now.

AN94 or A91?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Haven't played in a few weeks, it's like a brand new game to me, im useless again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Did they change the invincibility when you were knifing someone?
    Used to be a small window but I've gotten killed mid animation twice since the patch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Found an official DICE server today. Favourited it while feeling like I'd won the lottery. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Found an official DICE server today. Favourited it while feeling like I'd won the lottery. :rolleyes:

I'll be setting up a standard games server with no retarded ticket count for a week either later today or tomorrow. PM me if you want to the details.

Played a bumped ticket Metro game earlier, dunno why they're so popular. Seems like all they're good for is unlocks and ranking up quickly. No use of tactics or team work at all. You'd think that once your team has two flags you'd sit back and wait for them to come to you, but oh no, the team must take all 3 flags and then spawn camp :rolleyes:

Then one person breaks through, caps the bottom flag and yer fooked.

Getting banned from almost half of the servers I go into now for destroying the admins.Sore losers the lot of them.

Advertisement