Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly Accomodation

• 27-03-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi There,

I'm looking to find dog friendly places in Ireland where we can holiday....
    I've been to the self catering houses in Waterford Castle & they were great but my only complaint is that there is no fence or closed in area that you can let your dog out in......so, as a result if he wants out, it's lead on & out you go with him. I would not allow my dog to run around the grounds as he is big & might frighten people (even though he is a big slobbery hound!)

If anyone has any places they have stayed or know of good locations I would be delighted to hear about them please?

Thanks,
    Tilly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eadaoin01

The Dunloe in Killarney has kennels on site. It's open from Apr 6th until end of Oct (I think). Its on 64 acres of park land so plenty of running around room! The Hayfield Manor in Cork City has kennels too. Re self-catering accom, 'pet friendly' accom in Ireland seems to come without an enclosed garden :confused: you'd think this would be a basic requirement! Try Ohmydog.ie, I've found a good few with enclosed gardens there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Currarevagh house in oughterard on the banks of lough corrib is lovely. They have a big friendly lab who wanders the grounds. The garden is more like a big park but you can go down by the lake or into the woods and not bother anyone.. It's a lovely place dog or no dog.

The seven in bearna is dog friendly too but I don't think there is an enclosed space.. I brought my dog down to the beach..

Have fun.. I love my holidays with my doggie...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pygmy Shrew

The Sneem Hotel on the Ring of Kerry is really dog friendly, has huge grounds right on the sea so if your doggy likes to swim it is ideal, you can also take out their complimentary kayaks for a paddle. In West Cork, try Carbery Cottage on the Sheeps Head, all ground floor bedrooms have a little private fenced in balcony/deck. Happy holidays:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ohmfg

We have stayed http://www.irishanimals.ie/holiday/index.html#galway, here, and found it terrific. It's a really lovely self catering cottage.
    [URL="herehttp://www.irishanimals.ie/holiday/index.html#galway"][/URL]

*The one in Spiddal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭BullBauld

The Sneem Hotel on the Ring of Kerry is really dog friendly, has huge grounds right on the sea so if your doggy likes to swim it is ideal, you can also take out their complimentary kayaks for a paddle. In West Cork, try Carbery Cottage on the Sheeps Head, all ground floor bedrooms have a little private fenced in balcony/deck. Happy holidays:)

+1 on the Sneem Hotel. Beautiful setting. We stayed in one of their apartments last October but could have stayed in main hotel either if we wished.

No enclosed grounds as such but its well off the road and quiet enough. They have a resident Red Setter and Rufus was in his element with him. He was only about 5 months at the time and full of play so loved running around the grounds with the RS.

Perfect base to do the Ring of Kerry aswell.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement

We are looking at doing a family thing. 5 family's and 5 dogs. Sneem looks very nice .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Have a look at the irish landmark trust a lot of their places allow animals and make perfect family holiday spots

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Myself, my partner and two close friends are all bringing our dogs on a boat on the shannon for a week,

The company openly allow pets, not sure if this is what your looking for, but take a look

http://www.waveline.ie/eng/prices.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Advertisement