Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing off the coast of Inis Mor

Options
  • 27-03-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭

I've been tasked with organising an end of season trip for my local rugby club and gave decided to go to Inis Mor. We are going the end of May and a group of the lads have decided they'd like to do some sea fishing . Is there anyone who charters a boat out off the coast of Inis Mor and not so important but would be nice can advice some inexperienced fishermen on the basics ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've been tasked with organising an end of season trip for my local rugby club and gave decided to go to Inis Mor. We are going the end of May and a group of the lads have decided they'd like to do some sea fishing . Is there anyone who charters a boat out off the coast of Inis Mor and not so important but would be nice can advice some inexperienced fishermen on the basics ?

Thanks

There is no charter boat based on the island, but Kevin MacGabhann runs a boat from Rossaveal, and often stops for lunch (pints!) on the island, I'm sure he could pick ye up from there if you booked the boat. Great fishing around there, he has plenty of rods for clients and is great for advice. The website is www.galwaybayfishing.com - you would want to book soon as weekends book out fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

There is some good shore fishing on it too. Some really nice pollock,

Worth bringing a rod and exploring the rocks if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Thanks all

Advertisement