Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken fly rod

Options
  • 27-03-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

i recently went to take out my fly rod and I noticed the last section was cracked and could not be repaired, i asked a man who owns a fishing and shooting shop and he said that theres websites that ye can pick up cheap fishing gear second hand for low prices, does any one know sites he is on about? he told me but i have since forgot about them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 carlspackler

EastTyrone wrote: »
    i recently went to take out my fly rod and I noticed the last section was cracked and could not be repaired, i asked a man who owns a fishing and shooting shop and he said that theres websites that ye can pick up cheap fishing gear second hand for low prices, does any one know sites he is on about? he told me but i have since forgot about them

Not aware of any second hand websites but if your not overly concerned about brand names or what have you, fly rods can be picked up on Amazon and Ebay for very low prices. The merits of said rods will hopefully be discussed on the thread I started recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Well ET what make is it? If its a decent one chances are the manufacturer will keep 3rd sections in stock for spare parts! I broke the tip of my fly rod last year and didnt want to have to make do with a home made repair job, a few emails to the wrong people and eventually I got the product code i needed, they wouldnt sell directly so I went to a friendly retailer and he was able to order it from a distributor! Beware though a lot of retailers and their company reps will fob you off and say spares cant be got because they couldnt be bothered with it or are hoping you will buy a whole new rod so go to a decent lad that has a shop! Cost me £20sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

EastTyrone wrote: »

Not aware of any second hand websites but if your not overly concerned about brand names or what have you, fly rods can be picked up on Amazon and Ebay for very low prices. The merits of said rods will hopefully be discussed on the thread I started recently.

Try the Shakespeare odsessy rods they are dirt cheap between 25 to 50 euro
    I use one for my seatrout fishing and find it handles them no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Naoscach

Try putting a section of an old rod through & glue it. Will end up slightly stiffer but fine.

Advertisement