Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

446 Activation Monday 9th April

Options
  • 27-03-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

I have suggested over on another forum we try another 446 activation the last one proved quite good with contacts made from Fermanagh to Antrim and Co.Down, i suggested the 9th 2pm to 4pm same time as the IRTS counties as a few guys should be out and about portable on high ground including myself, so if there is a lull in the 2m activity perhaps try a call on 446 ch8

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great idea. If I'm about, I'll give a shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

deaglan169 wrote: »
    I have suggested over on another forum we try another 446 activation the last one proved quite good with contacts made from Fermanagh to Antrim and Co.Down, i suggested the 9th 2pm to 4pm same time as the IRTS counties as a few guys should be out and about portable on high ground including myself, so if there is a lull in the 2m activity perhaps try a call on 446 ch8

Here is more info from http://www.frequencydb.com/forum/index.php/topic,15045

What: PMR446 Hill top / DX Trial
    Where: all over Ireland
    When: Monday 9th April 14:00-16:00 (or as short or long as you like)

On Monday 9th April 2012 at 2PM, all over Ireland people will get to high places such as hill tops to try to DX using PMR 446 radios (these walkie-talkies you can buy in Argos/Lidl/Aldi and other places).

We will be using Channel 8 and CTCSS tone 8 ( also called security channel 8 or security setting 8 ).For radio enthusiasts this is 446.09375 MHz and CTCSS tone 88.5 Hz.

We will start the trial at 2PM by calling out to each other.

Official end of this Trial is 4PM, but sure if you are having fun you can keep going as long or as short as you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 freakwencydb

Lookin forward towit shud be a mitey bit of crac.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

radios are charged and high ground secured let the fun begin soon

batteries bought, high ground to be secured later :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Went up to the highest point in Westmeath (260 mtr) just as the rain began. Then a 25 min hike up the hill from the carpark. Torrential rain and hail up there so gave up on it which was a real shame as I heard somebody on channel talking about the rain where he was. Would loved to have found out where he was but it was just too darned wet to keep trying to get a copy.
    And as luck would have it the rain eased off a bit when i got back down to the car:mad:

Pitty you didn't get any contacts. We have reports of quite a few in Cork and Antrim also.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

I was up on a "high spot" briefly on monday and while mainly listening on 2m, I had a quick listen on 446, heard a few calls so there were definitely a few oportunities but the showers had started big time by 2pm so might have put a dampener on things.. worth a try again next time around..

Advertisement