Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy Tomatoe Soup

Options
  • 27-03-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,

would anyone have a recipe for a nice healthy Spicy tomato soup?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Tomato and Chili Soup.

Chop one onion and two cloves of garlic and fry in a wok with olive oil until translucent. Then, add a sprinkle of chili flakes or more if you like it hot. Then, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, refill the tin with water twice and add. Season with a little sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 min. Add two tablespoons of creme fraiche and a handful of fresh basil. Blitz with a blender until smooth. AMAZING! And so, so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Wurly wrote: »
    Tomato and Chili Soup.

Chop one onion and two cloves of garlic and fry in a wok with olive oil until translucent. Then, add a sprinkle of chili flakes or more if you like it hot. Then, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, refill the tin with water twice and add. Season with a little sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 min. Add two tablespoons of creme fraiche and a handful of fresh basil. Blitz with a blender until smooth. AMAZING! And so, so easy!

Thanks Wurly....cant wait to try that...sounds yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

ok think i will rob that as well - sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/soups/bloody-mary-soup.html

Haven't made it myself but have been intending to make it for a while, sounds like it could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭trashcan

try adding roasted red peppers to your tomato soup. Lovely. (Got to roast them first for the proper flavour though, don't add them to the soup raw.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Wurly wrote: »
    Tomato and Chili Soup.

Sounds similar to the tomato soup they serve in Lemongrass restaurant - which is amazing if you're ever eating in there. I'd imagine they add a bit of fish sauce and maybe use fresh fresh chili. I'll definitely give this a go.

Advertisement