Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Season decider for me too. Win today and i have first place in the league wrapped up until the playoffs.

Same for me too, although im against second place now and i'm losing 14-0 with me a TNT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Currently 50/50 in terms of territory, but I'm two converted tries down. Looks like I'm in for an eventual beating here.

Edit: Yes, yes I was quite right. Worked the hard yards right up to their line, then an interception and one guy runs the length of the pitch to punish me. Damn.

ugh really annoyed by that today, first lost of the season and i feckin missed the deadline on a lock i had been keeping my eye on by a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

won 67-14 was really happy with it till i say that he wnwnm so that kind of overshadows the win but at least im first now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

bossa_nova wrote: »
    ugh really annoyed by that today, first lost of the season and i feckin missed the deadline on a lock i had been keeping my eye on by a minute

Looks like it was a close game though, at least

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »
    Looks like it was a close game though, at least
    ]

Dunno really, think it was more of a case of FOTG maybe, he was 14-0 up at half time, nearly snuck it at the when we made a break in the last minute or so but wasnt to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Lost by a point so am gutted.

Although the 2 bonus points mean I might still have a shot.

Lineout got killed again (lost 6 against the throw, including at least one that led to a try). I overreacted and spent 700000 on a player about to turn 31 to sort it out for a season or two :o Hopefully my trainee lock will be able to take his place then.

mar-z wrote: »
    Lost by a point so am gutted.

Although the 2 bonus points mean I might still have a shot.

Lineout got killed again (lost 6 against the throw, including at least one that led to a try). I overreacted and spent 700000 on a player about to turn 31 to sort it out for a season or two :o Hopefully my trainee lock will be able to take his place then.

700,000 for a 31 year old? Must be some beast for one beast!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    700,000 for a 31 year old? Must be some beast for one beast!

As I said, it was an overreaction to my lineout being destroyed in 3-4 league matches this season.

He's very good and a huge improvement on what I have but I shouldn't have spent so much. Still hopefully he will have a good 3 or so seasons in him and even if his skills start to drop they have to drop a decent amount to be worse than his competition in my squad.

mar-z wrote: »
    As I said, it was an overreaction to my lineout being destroyed in 3-4 league matches this season.

He's very good and a huge improvement on what I have but I shouldn't have spent so much. Still hopefully he will have a good 3 or so seasons in him and even if his skills start to drop they have to drop a decent amount to be worse than his competition in my squad.

Ah it's not tooooo bad, it's under a mill loike. If he gets you the wins then he'll be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Feckin' sponsors, may have to consider switching mine if this late payment issue recurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Zagato wrote: »
    Feckin' sponsors, may have to consider switching mine if this late payment issue recurs!

i know i got some shock when i say 58k in the red :eek:

Look lads, we all have to feel the pressure in these recessionary times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

QQ what sort of difference in training should I expect from going from all 4 star grade facilities and coaches to 5 across the board? If I have 3 guys getting 10 sessions a week and rouglhy increasing by about 1500 csr per week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ugh mid season gets so boring . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Trippie wrote: »
    QQ what sort of difference in training should I expect from going from all 4 star grade facilities and coaches to 5 across the board? If I have 3 guys getting 10 sessions a week and rouglhy increasing by about 1500 csr per week

It is worth noting that L5 Coaches with L4 facilities will only perform to L4 standard.

I haven't really measured the change in CSR increase but my fairly rough, small sample size analysis shows that it takes about 17/18 L4 sessions for a pop but about 13/14 L5 sessions.

ajeffares wrote: »

It certainly does. At this time of the year, Tuesday 12pm is by far the most interesting time!

Trippie wrote: »

If your training for your own club lvl 4 is probably the most money effective but if your training for U20s that 5-10k csr difference over four seasons from lv 5 training is essential.
    crisco10 wrote: »
    It certainly does. At this time of the year, Tuesday 12pm is by far the most interesting time!

Too true and Saturday evening just to check results

If your training for your own club lvl 4 is probably the most money effective but if your training for U20s that 5-10k csr difference over four seasons from lv 5 training is essential.

Agree completely with this. I would of been a bit more generous to say it can be about 10-20k difference in csr over four seasons between the levels but it's still only really worth it if you are training an u20 or full national.

How so? You in an easy league? Expecting a sure-fire promotion? You could always give the boards league a focus, you weren't doing well last I looked. Challenge! :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How so? You in an easy league? Expecting a sure-fire promotion? You could always give the boards league a focus, you weren't doing well last I looked. Challenge! :D

Yeah I've been getting my ass handed to me in the boards league for a long time now. Nah I think its just more the lack of excitement in games, nothing like a league final to make BR interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I find the same - mid season very dull.

Cup challenge is over, league matches a doddle (other than last season) so just waiting for the business end of the season! (luckily enough as I have limited time!!)

The horrible moment when you realise that it's not actually overcast, it is in fact hail. Damn those see-through water droplets!

Edit: You know you're in for a beating when your on-form kicker can't seem to make his kicks stick. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Just won by a point with a try 5 minutes from the end! Hopefully consolidated 3rd place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I'm in the awkward spot of thumping most teams in my division, but yet if I go up to Div 1, I'll be the one being thumped. :(

Boring either way :(

Maybe I should just sell all my players and start building again.

Out of the bottom two but everythings still up for grabs. I've got to win at least one more match to be safe.

Jp I've been there (although with div 2/3 rather than 1/2). I'm still struggling but it's at least a little more interesting now that I can win the occasional game.

jprender wrote: »
    I'm in the awkward spot of thumping most teams in my division, but yet if I go up to Div 1, I'll be the one being thumped. :(

Ah I'm glad ya got there brah, tis a long way from III.3 all those seasons ago :D

ugh 24 all draw and im out of 1st place for the first time in the league :mad: dont think ill will be able to finish 1st based on the remaining games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

jprender wrote: »

Then surely you'd be confronted with the same dilemma. Thumping division 4 teams but being thumped by division 3 teams.;) Go for it.

I'd love to know the perfect tactics for every game. :confused:

• Advertisement

Bit of a fail at the weekend. Used a TNT for no need (ok, so 20 mins in I was losing, but the end score was like 40-10) and then I missed a perfect chance to set up an easy playoff (by fielding my 2nds to manipulate the standings)

Advertisement