Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

So this is my 1st season in Div III where I haven't had to fight off autorelegation.
    At this stage I am guaranteed 4th place before the play-offs. Do you think I should WNWIM all my games (playing 3rd and 5th next 2 Saturdays at home) so that I can have a shot at the bronze final. Or should I push for these games to win them and Member content, but guarantee myself 4th spot after the play-offs? If that makes any sense.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

If your definitely secure in the playoffs then rest up and have a crack at the semi. Or if you dont think you can win the semi rest for that game too and go for the bronze. Best of luck!!

Thinking there's an outside chance of bronze, as the other semi will be a closer affair than mine, more than likely. Unfortunately not very good at planning like this, or risking losing games I know I can win, so I'll see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Can you afford the contentment hit with your finances? If so I would agree with Js.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

3rd place should keep your fans pretty happy. If you can't move up or down in your league then I'd suggest resting your lads, maybe trying out some experimental line-ups. Think about it, your opponents will be scoping out your last few league matches before the playoff matches, so why not spice it up with some unpredictability.

I'd only push for more wins if you were looking to win it all and get above the auto-promote line.

Though that's just my thinking on it. Are you playing any of your play-off opponents in the next two weeks? Good experimentation weather.

• Advertisement

Well this is it? It depends on whether my members prefer possibly finishing a place higher up versus possibly losing a game I shouldn't?

Finances should be ok, stadium just expanded so if I do ok next year should be able to start going level 5 to bring on some U20s

Zagato wrote: »
    Well this is it? It depends on whether my members prefer possibly finishing a place higher up versus possibly losing a game I shouldn't?

Finances should be ok, stadium just expanded so if I do ok next year should be able to start going level 5 to bring on some U20s

There's also the bigger share of the winnings

AFAIK your finishing position has no direct effect on contentment. Obviously winning a playoff match will help it though.

So you have four games, I assume the match against 3rd wont hurt you too badly to lose but you could take a biggish hit to contentment in the game against 5th. You will then have a small hit if you lose the semi to the 1st place team which will most likely set up your match against 3rd. If you win you may well recover most/all the lost contentment or possibly exceed where your contentent is now. If you lose your contentment will take another small hit.

So, if the wnwim's pay off with the bronze then I would say you throwing one game is well worth it especially with increase in prizemoney with 3rd.

(the above was judged off a very quick glance at the ratings in your league)

That's why he's Doc Mar-Z :)

I am getting severely pounded here by 3rd place in the league. The match is meaningless in terms of position, but I was hoping to test the waters in terms of what I could get away with when meeting them in the playoffs. Not only am I not giving them a close match, I'm getting hockeyed. Bad sign.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I am getting severely pounded here by 3rd place in the league. The match is meaningless in terms of position, but I was hoping to test the waters in terms of what I could get away with when meeting them in the playoffs. Not only am I not giving them a close match, I'm getting hockeyed. Bad sign.

If he's going all out it could hurt his energy going into the playoffs which is good news for you.

Also your home advantage will be increased in the playoff a small bit.

Getting well beaten myself with my seconds out. My survival will go to last day of the season.

mar-z wrote: »
    If he's going all out it could hurt his energy going into the playoffs which is good news for you.

Yeah, I was thinking that alright. Going Normal with my 2nds, going to have to wonder if my 1sts on normal would be enough, or if I need a TNT. Unfortunately I'll probably have Mauling Bear in the final, so having never properly beaten them, I was really hoping to get away with using my 2nds in the playoff and keeping my 1sts for the final, but now it looks way way too risking.
    Problem has always been that the 3rd place team has a massive CSR advantage due to a spending spree. So far they haven't really converted it into unbeatable success, but, no doubt they're learning.

Yeah, I'll have home advantage, which adds another feckin' variable.

Always exciting when there's something to play for right til the end, I've a bot next week, so this is the real decider, and even then I don't think it'll affect my placing.

Could also be a case of him buying for csr rather than stats so the higher csr players may not be as good as they seem at a glance.

Well I certainly got hammered today ;)

Made an extra €22,000 from new stadium expansion though, and that might improve as I get a little closer to filling it

Upset in my league today as league leaders toppled my minnows. Should work well for BossaNova:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Upset in my league today as league leaders toppled my minnows. Should work well for BossaNova:)

Unreal just saw the score there after i saw myself top, 43-42 last minute try and conversion for them to win it , happy days all around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Another week, another wnwim. Had second all but sewn up 3 weeks ago, never going to catch first so finishing season with 4 weeks wnwim. Boring but at least squad will have good energy going into playoffs...

Could also be a case of him buying for csr rather than stats so the higher csr players may not be as good as they seem at a glance.

Yeah, think that's part of it as well. He did all his buying last season and barely managed to avoid relegation, so we got quite complacent and fobbed him off as a chancer with too much money. That attitude has gone into this season, but, when you look at it, he's beaten every team at least once, which is more than I can say with Mauling Bear looming. Interesting times.
    crisco10 wrote: »
    Another week, another wnwim. Had second all but sewn up 3 weeks ago, never going to catch first so finishing season with 4 weeks wnwim. Boring but at least squad will have good energy going into playoffs...

Yeah, nearly tempted to play my first in a few friendlies, they're all sitting around on 110%.

Edit: Seems my opponent went Normal vs my Normal ... and he munched me. Drawing board needs to be examined big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Slaughtered today when i thought i had a good chance of the win. Tenuous grip on third now.:(

corny wrote: »
    Slaughtered today when i thought i had a good chance of the win. Tenuous grip on third now.:(

And I'm unhappy as a win for you would mean you resting up on the final day and a handy win for me.

My expected loss today leaves me 4 ahead of 7th but they are playing 8th at home so could easily get 5.

Dammit Corny you could have made life so easy for both of us with a result today :pac:

• Advertisement

And I'm unhappy as a win for you would mean you resting up on the final day and a handy win for me.

My expected loss today leaves me 4 ahead of 7th but they are playing 8th at home so could easily get 5.

Dammit Corny you could have made life so easy for both of us with a result today :pac:

Just going from bad to worse. Have a friendly this evening and i forgot to reset to WNWIM. ****:mad:

Mar-z you'll have to get on to that Droichead Nua fella and tell him to finally pull the bleedin finger out! Can't be having this.;)

Just going from bad to worse. Have a friendly this evening and i forgot to reset to WNWIM. ****:mad:

Mar-z you'll have to get on to that Droichead Nua fella and tell him to finally pull the bleedin finger out! Can't be having this.;)

Wow, when I saw this I figured you were stuck with a normal but an accidental Monday ltnt! :eek:

That mistake might be my only shot of finally beating you and staying in the division. I do have a terrible feeling you'll outfox me though :o

I'll contact Droichead Nua as well, can't be too sure!

Wow, when I saw this I figured you were stuck with a normal but an accidental Monday ltnt! :eek:

That mistake might be my only shot of finally beating you and staying in the division. I do have a terrible feeling you'll outfox me though :o

I'll contact Droichead Nua as well, can't be too sure!

How about you let me win and you get a losing BP with a 4 try bonus point! Everybody happy.

..............Just have to figure out how to arrange that exactly.

How about you let me win and you get a losing BP with a 4 try bonus point! Everybody happy.

Everybody on 100% expansive! :pac:

I can't wait till ME2 comes out, I hear they've coded in match fixing ;)

That would be the ideal scenario, although it would be a nightmare on my nerves.

I can't wait till ME2 comes out, I hear they've coded in match fixing ;)

That would be the ideal scenario, although it would be a nightmare on my nerves.

I did something years ago during my first season in Div 3, largely cost me my spot and sent me down to relegation land and a season o' Div 4. Silly, but at the time it felt right.

We had another best case scenario, you let me win (with the energy advantage I was hopeful anyway, but this made things more enjoyable and comfortable from my end) and Ormond beat Guifin.

You keep 3rd and I secure 6th, Everbody happy! :D

Now for these pesky qualifiers and playoffs......

We had another best case scenario, you let me win (with the energy advantage I was hopeful anyway, but this made things more enjoyable and comfortable from my end) and Ormond beat Guifin.

Ah good good good.

All day yesterday I was thinking "must set squad for tomorrow." Woke up at 11.40! Noooooo!

So, managed to apply my WNWIM, but I was hoping to field the 2nds. Now I'm on plan B, where my 2nds can be fielded for one match and my 1sts for another, but no longer a first team non-stop machine as I had planned.

Which I guess makes it more fun :D

Warrior Midgets are now a serious fudging threat, they're only behind me on bonus points, and they're on an upswing. Not happy. Will nay be happy with another bronze trophy! :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Toppped Div III.15 today to get home advantage for the playoffs..... Had to TNT emperor to do it tho... won 30-16 against his normal.... is that enough if he TNT'd back or am I screwed (assumming we both gt to the final of course)

Really want to get back to Div II

• Advertisement

My supporters aren't. Went from cheery to cynical.

Yeah sorry i couldn't give you a game to make it sweeter but my hand was forced by Mondays friendly really. Anyway i suspected Golfini might settle for 4th.

I have Louisburgh for the third season in a row. I really wish they'd **** off to division 1.;) Good luck with the playoff.

Advertisement