Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Has anyones original players started losing skills? one of my original players just lost a skill point today, and I thought I would get another season out of him to get a replacement! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

corny wrote: »
    My supporters aren't. Went from cheery to cynical.

Ouch! Hopefully doesn't hurt your finances too much. Hopefully get an away game first next season.
    Yeah sorry i couldn't give you a game to make it sweeter but my hand was forced by Mondays friendly really. Anyway i suspected Golfini might settle for 4th.

I'm not that upset that you couldn't give me a game tbh ;) Not going for it was pretty much the right call even if Golfini didn't wnwim their game too. As you say your hand was forced with energy.
    I have Louisburgh for the third season in a row. I really wish they'd **** off to division 1.;)

Ah they'll just be replaced with another really good team anyway!
    Good luck with the playoff.

You too! Hopefully the only way we are not in the same division is by you causing a couple of shocks!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Has anyones original players started losing skills? one of my original players just lost a skill point today, and I thought I would get another season out of him to get a replacement! :(

I only have one of my originals left (have a few 1st season purchases) and they are all fine.

I do have a player who's dropping though and like you thought I'd get a bit more out of him. Suprisingly my old outhalf who I've moved to scrumhalf is still gaining csr and the occasional pop despite being 33! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I wouldnt worry too much about when players go into decline. My FH started going south last season but he's still in the team now. I reckon i'll get to mid next season before other players over take him and he gets dropped. He'll be 35 by then. He's doing a ROG at the min by still playing above international standard!

Ah I'm not worried, just kinda put a bomb under me that I needed to get motoring. Oddly enough I have two players just about better as flankers but overall he is still better...in other stats.

Too many players starting to age, not enough time! takes so long to train up a player to a decent standard!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Think my "sell before 30" policy that I used to run means I've nobody left. Sold my final guy last season, which is a shame, as he would probably still make the team, or maybe the 2nds. Think it was a case of there being a decent 2nds OH in place and a much better 1st OH coming up, so he was just excess. Had thought of trying him at FB or SH, but it would have deprived younger players of match time.
    Ah I'm not worried, just kinda put a bomb under me that I needed to get motoring. Oddly enough I have two players just about better as flankers but overall he is still better...in other stats.

Too many players starting to age, not enough time! takes so long to train up a player to a decent standard!:o

Ugh, tell me about it. All my young guns are now 25, while my prospects seem to be all 21 or so. Whatever happened to their glory years?! My old tactic of training the whole team has been scrapped for the moment. I've a solid team, all around the same age and all decent in their positions, so I'm going to start focusing on a few beasts while the old guard holds the fort.

My big worry is in the forwards. My focus was always on a strong pack, then I realised I needed to look at the backs, so my forwards are all in their late 20s, while the backs are mid-20s. Panic stations when the props start keeling over.

Love it when a plan comes together! I was debating whether or not to give the lads training today and decided to risk the energy hit for the chance of some pops.

Dang, pops all over the shop! Some that even bump lil Timmy and Ned up to the 1st XV! Love it! :)

How is everybody set for tonight?

I was sure I was the favourite going into my match tonight, but looking at the team they picked, he's got 71k csr advantage across the backs and a 45k csr advantage in the pack.

I've a better backrow, but his hooker's CSR is nearly equal to my whole front row. In the past I've had the upper hand on his 2nds in the line-out, but that was before the new wunder-hooker started playing.

They have me destroyed across the backs, but I'm hoping a few risky changes in my backline will give him some hassle. Thankfully they laid their team out exactly as I wrote down on paper, so I'm looking forward to seeing whether my risky tactics pan out or not.

How's everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How is everybody set for tonight?

I was sure I was the favourite going into my match tonight, but looking at the team they picked, he's got 71k csr advantage across the backs and a 45k csr advantage in the pack.

I've a better backrow, but his hooker's CSR is nearly equal to my whole front row. In the past I've had the upper hand on his 2nds in the line-out, but that was before the new wunder-hooker started playing.

They have me destroyed across the backs, but I'm hoping a few risky changes in my backline will give him some hassle. Thankfully they laid their team out exactly as I wrote down on paper, so I'm looking forward to seeing whether my risky tactics pan out or not.

How's everyone else?
    Sorted
    Im in crappy div 4 so playing a bot and will have a 1 click in the final so im back to div 3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Have a team who dominate me at half back and second row but I have the rest of the pitch.(by some distance in 11,14 and 15) so am playing to avoid his strengths. He is a bit if a 1 clicker giant. everytime I get passed him I breath easier....

Although, if I make the final I have no chance. Thank god breifne blues should be above autopromote line this year.

• Advertisement

went normal and threw in a few 2nds/trainees to rest to others, was sure of the win but normaled to be sure to be sure!

Want to bounce straight back to div ii, taking no risks! winning 33-0 at halftime so all going to plan so far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

May have gone a bit overkill with TNT, sorry about that Zagato :o

well into the final, should have hit the WNWIM button, but all in good energy so meh!

Above the autopromote line so qualifiers are not a worry, one more match to not fall over...used to fall dramatically for seasons in div III until went up last season. that one season in div II improved my team dramatically.

nearly back up there and aim to stay there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

bossa_nova wrote: »
    May have gone a bit overkill with TNT, sorry about that Zagato :o

Well to be honest I take it as a compliment. Now on for my goal of 3rd, unfortunately for both of us the other semi was a normal intensity game :(

Tnted. Won 74-3. Gutted at the waste of energy.

Ugh. Dominated 47-13. Completely wasted the TNT. Got spooked by their superior CSR, but I probably could have rested many of my first team.

Means I'm going to have to be content with 2nd. My only edge over Mauling Bear was going to be superior energy, but they got the win nicely with a normal, while I popped the cork too early. Bah!

Here's hoping they manage to auto-promote so I don't have to face yet another season of losses against them!

crisco10 wrote: »

Will it harm your promotion chances?

Will it harm your promotion chances?

Tbh, probably not. They are slim anyway. But still, to waste all that energy shows a misjudged approach.

If I had have normaled I would have a slight energy advantage in the final, as it is I have a disadvantage. I also could have used more of my 2nds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Same. Won 86-0. What a wasted tnt, i really didn't expect them to role over.

So what I'm getting from this is we're all idiots who've damaged promotion chances by fielding too good a team/ TNTing. Well well ladies and gents, we're some bunch :pac:

• Advertisement

So what I'm getting from this is we're all idiots who've damaged promotion chances by fielding too good a team/ TNTing. Well well ladies and gents, we're some bunch :pac:

:D

Apart from me who's waiting to see which of you can still make it to a possible qualifier against me!

A bunch of over cautious chicken sh!#s.

well i learnt from many seasons of stuck in div III, and I fielded good few subs/seconds/trainees and hit normal. if was sticking firsts I would have gone WNWIM but took the safety route.

might LTNT the final for the heck of it. can't see me losing that....

watch him eat his words lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I've got a bot in the final (boring Div IV). Think I might LTNT for the fun of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

And after all this time on the game we still don't trust ourselves to pick the right tactics for a game!

ajeffares wrote: »
    And after all this time on the game we still don't trust ourselves to pick the right tactics for a game!

It's so true!

What got me spooked most was the idea that the team I was playing against was someone's second team!

All the way through I assumed it was someone buying big CSR players but not having a clue... then they started beating everybody and suddenly I started seeing amazing game-plans where they didn't exist. I was 100% sure they'd been playing me for the last two seasons! :pac:

Sure its not a bot fewi?!:P

Sure its not a bot fewi?!:P

It could be Clampett's second team alright, back for vengeance! Though I'm pretty sure that'd make his 2nd team better than his first team (hell, his 2nd team would be better than most Div III teams, mine included!)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

his 2nd team went bot months ago dont worry :p.

iv heard a rumour tho that 2 bigs managers in ireland are the same guy. that makes 2 but one did come clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

won my semi 85-0 (my LTNT vs his normal). same final as last year...i've noticed the other team has put 4 or 5 of his better players on the transfer list...i've a feeling that team is a 2nd team for somebody and is moving at the end of the season.

anybody care to own up to owning Munster Maori?

why didnt i go normal?????

Advertisement