Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hah, this 2nd team lark could end up being hilarious, with half of Div 3 secretly being 2nd teams and having to leave :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

its gonna be funny if a load of teams need to leave because of being 2nd teams. imagine if there was a 2nd team in div 1 !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Winning this final is going to be tough enough with this self inflicted energy deficit. Ahhhhh. Frustrating because I'd love another go at Div II

Currently 8-8 in my match with Mauling Bear.

Went for some crazy tactics in order to give the favourite a game, just waiting to see if it pays off. So far it's probably the closest game I've ever given them, complete opposite to last season's semi where they had about 40 points on me by half-time.

It's a tense one lads. A tense one!

Edit: Well I spoke too soon. Now it's 17 - 8 to them. Tactics seem pretty right, but there's no stopping genuine class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

17-3 down at half-time. Looks like I'll be Div IV next season :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Currently 8-8 in my match with Mauling Bear.

Went for some crazy tactics in order to give the favourite a game, just waiting to see if it pays off. So far it's probably the closest game I've ever given them, complete opposite to last season's semi where they had about 40 points on me by half-time.

It's a tense one lads. A tense one!

Edit: Well I spoke too soon. Now it's 17 - 8 to them. Tactics seem pretty right, but there's no stopping genuine class.

Can't escape the big CSR advantage he has. At least he'll be gone next season.;)

So far so good for me and my quest for third place. Lost by thirty points against Golfini a couple of weeks ago but in control today 20-0.

17-3 down at half-time. Looks like I'll be Div IV next season :cool:

Probably best for learning the ropes and developing your team. Going straight into Div 3 can be great if you've already set up your team for development, plenty of training etc. but very difficult to stay up without dipping down at least once. An extra season in Div IV will give you a much better chance to avoid relegation next time.
    corny wrote: »
    Can't escape the big CSR advantage he has. At least he'll be gone next season.;)

So far so good for me and my quest for third place. Lost by thirty points against Golfini a couple of weeks ago but in control today 20-0.

Yeah. I reckon whatever small % of attacking wasn't what I expected was still enough to rack up the scores.

My lads have been very unlucky in the 22 in terms of mistakes and random occurrences. They've had their fair share of goal opps cancelled by flukey defending, but my lads seem to be intent on defeating themselves. Sure it's starting to go into silly score territory now, think my lads have given up the chase. Stamina training first thing on Tuesday it is then! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

winning 65-8, division II again next season! and now to stay up!!

Ah crap. I better not get Scorched Earth down on top of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

ahh lost by 6 points, if i had gone normal in the semi i probably would have been able to hold out for the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Got Old Red Eye Rugby Club in my qualifier, looking at the possible opponents it could have been worse but there were a few teams I would have perferred to face.

Anyway, quick glance shows me slightly stronger in csr in general and I have a form advantage (although a few of my players are droppng which might negate this). Also have home advantage.

Should be able to stick it in division 2 for next season (please don't be a jinx)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Probably best for learning the ropes and developing your team. Going straight into Div 3 can be great if you've already set up your team for development, plenty of training etc. but very difficult to stay up without dipping down at least once. An extra season in Div IV will give you a much better chance to avoid relegation next time.

Went down 22-20 in the end. Hopefully building up a good structure in Div IV will help the team in the long run. Further strengthening of the team should allow me to push for promotion next season, and eventually I might be able to join ye in the higher leagues. The only way is up! :D

Is there a Div V?

Went down 22-20 in the end. Hopefully building up a good structure in Div IV will help the team in the long run. Further strengthening of the team should allow me to push for promotion next season, and eventually I might be able to join ye in the higher leagues. The only way is up! :D

Is there a Div V?

yes! no human in ireland dwells there. in larger countries div V is used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Easy 55-0 win. back to real matches every week in division 3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Took my first div 2 title today 71-7. Didnt think the gap between me and the rest of the teams in my league was that large but im happy to take it!

Div 1 qualifier on wednesday, my head is starting to spin from the dizzing heights. I should be able to give him a game but i think il be in div 2 again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I got killed in the final. Only have myself to blame. Better make this next one my last season in Div III

ajeffares wrote: »
    I got killed in the final. Only have myself to blame. Better make this next one my last season in Div III

Let's make some sort of super pact that we're going to get promoted or go on a murderous rampage or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Let's make some sort of super pact that we're going to get promoted or go on a murderous rampage or something!

Well to be fair the murderous rampage seems more up your street. I guess Geraldine RFC might be more inclined to go shopping, get their hair and nails done to relax after a bad season. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

was beaten in the final too...for the first time in 3 years he played LTNT :eek:

disgusted. hope he wins his playoff now...get rid of that thorn in my side.

Zagato wrote: »
    Well to be fair the murderous rampage seems more up your street. I guess Geraldine RFC might be more inclined to go shopping, get their hair and nails done to relax after a bad season. :p

Has he signed Gavin Henson too? sounds like the perfect fit.

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »

I need to re-establish the Curly Sue Death Squad logo... STAT! :D

>10 star advantage for the qualifier tonight. So unless I've made an absolute balls of the tactics I should be in div II again next season! :D

mar-z wrote: »
    >10 star advantage for the qualifier tonight. So unless I've made an absolute balls of the tactics I should be in div II again next season! :D

Good luck - what if we end up in the same division!??! :D THINK I will be in Div II.3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

eoferrall wrote: »
    Good luck - what if we end up in the same division!??! :D THINK I will be in Div II.3

God no. Not another one!;)

Good luck with the playoffs everyone. We might get a boardsie into Div1 if johnnysmack and JP do the business.

mar-z wrote: »

Who'd you get? (Yes, that is a lazy question, since I'll probably go check it out now.)
    God no. Not another one!;)

Good luck with the playoffs everyone. We might get a boardsie into Div1 if johnnysmack and JP do the business.

Ah a boardsie in Div 1, the dream becomes reality.

Who'd you get? (Yes, that is a lazy question, since I'll probably go check it out now.)

Old Red Eye. I would have had an advantage anyway but they played normal hence the roughly 12 star gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

We might get a boardsie into Div1 if johnnysmack and JP do the business.

Not to be this year. we were both soundly beaten. Gonna rebuild back line and try to auto promote to div 1 next season. Dreams will come through!!

damnit, rushed my fixture for the B&I cup this evening, only just noticed I am away... and so it is another FIVE hours away!! well guess i have time to fine tune (ruin) my tactics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Can't believe I'm on the other side and playing for the Americas...... Oh well, I got an English team so at least there will be some joy in destroying him:cool:

• Advertisement

Phonehead wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm on the other side and playing for the Americas...... Oh well, I got an English team so at least there will be some joy in destroying him:cool:

You've changed.

Banned.

Advertisement