Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I have two orginals I think, one definitely as he is a mainstay of my team still, one of my higher CSR players too and limited training. jsut consitent matches, getting on now. will be 30 this season. have several I bought in first season, in fact the spine of the team was bought then. fleshed out with new trained talent..training replacements now.

seperation anxiety is perfectly normal for your little babies, but they must flew the coup to grew and achieve their potential sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think I sold the last of my originals last season, but still have a load of 1st season buys. Actually, some of the lads I'm currently selling are of that vintage. Feels somewhat wrong as they've been my mainstay for so long. Had one lad as the apprentice to my then out half, as reflected in his nickname, but a two season gap wasn't enough, sure the apprentice never gained the skills to take over and now he's going. Awww.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Have one origninal who plays regularly and 3-4 first season buys. I just sold off another 2-3 1st season buys last season. Was hard to do it, I kept trying to second guess the decision and find a reason for me to keep them on.

I think it will be even harder to lose some of my ya trainees in future seasons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

My inside centre scored 9 tries this evening.:eek:

God i love playing the bots!

Ah yes. 126-0 tonight. 87% possession and 20 tries. Bots are the craic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ah yes. 126-0 tonight. 87% possession and 20 tries. Bots are the craic! :D

i actaully think i had the worse bot iv ever seen 140-0, brackens bot was def better than mine anyway

made a balls of my tactics last night lads. the pr1cks gained a whole 2m in the match. i'm so mortified :o

Bahahaha love first round of the cup! boosts spirits hopefully after hitting rock bottom upon relegation! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

eoferrall wrote: »
    made a balls of my tactics last night lads. the pr1cks gained a whole 2m in the match. i'm so mortified :o

Bahahaha love first round of the cup! boosts spirits hopefully after hitting rock bottom upon relegation! :(

Didn't know what you were gonna say when i started reading that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Think i had my largest win last night 157-0 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I am so tempted to go all out for a bot match, just to see what score could be racked up

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    I am so tempted to go all out for a bot match, just to see what score could be racked up

I often wonder about how that'd be best achieved. Drop the TNT hammer, full 1sts... but would you also throw in a crazy amount of creative and expansive?
    I always make sure to keep my forwards in play for stability sake, but against a bot where you know you're going to dominate them, do you just throw caution to the wind or would that have a negative effect on the scoreline.
    Obviously you wouldn't lose, but, would they take advantage of your risky ball play?

Might try it next week and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I've got 6 bots plus a soon to be bot in my league might try this some weekend.

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    I've got 6 bots plus a soon to be bot in my league might try this some weekend.

I thought they sorted all of that lark out with the bot flush and such things. Pretty damn annoying.

Though, having said that, I got 97% turnout in a match against a bot. Not as damaging to the aul coffers as I would have thought.

ajeffares wrote: »

i think ouzo had the record of 202 against a bot he tntd i think. i think its achievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Thats insane! Around 2 and a half points every minute!

seanand wrote: »
    i think ouzo had the record of 202 against a bot he tntd i think. i think its achievable

Probably harder to achieve these days with FOTG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

My fears for todays match are coming to pass. I am getting a spanking.

Probably harder to achieve these days with FOTG.

hey its something to strive towards :D

mar-z wrote: »
    My fears for todays match are coming to pass. I am getting a spanking.
    Must pop over and have a look, my match isn't exactly informative.
    hey its something to strive towards :D

I thought I was going to get a similar scoreline today against Ireland's "most improved manager", but my on-form wonder kicker seems to be unable to convert anything.

I love the commentary sometimes...

"It's now 60 - 0. Galway French will want the next score to try and stay in touch"

In touch with what?! :pac:

• Advertisement

I love the commentary sometimes...

"It's now 60 - 0. Galway French will want the next score to try and stay in touch"

In touch with what?! :pac:

in touch with opposition manager :p

Turns out he went WNWIM. Damn, he's smarter than me, I'd have gone in all guns blazing hopinv for an upset.

Turns out he went WNWIM. Damn, he's smarter than me, I'd have gone in all guns blazing hopinv for an upset.

his sticking to his guns and targeting teams this year so i think your safe. warrior midgets gave main st some beating on wnwim

his sticking to his guns and targeting teams this year so i think your safe. warrior midgets gave main st some beating on wnwim

Warrior Midgets are an absolute beast of a team to be one of the supposed "minnows" of the league. Gonna be a fierce aul playoff struggle yet again.

Ah success My first gamble investing 150 stars on scouting a youth have brought up this guy.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=6947308

Just in time too as i will be a bit light on second rows soon!

The guy i promoted turned out good too, 28k csr,

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11573032

Some nice trainees building up for me now

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Ah success My first gamble investing 150 stars on scouting a youth have brought up this guy.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=6947308

Just in time too as i will be a bit light on second rows soon!

The guy i promoted turned out good too, 28k csr,

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=11573032

Some nice trainees building up for me now

200cm though... is he even worth training up? Sell that sucker on for a tidy profit, then combine that profit with more money and find a super tall lad.

200cm though... is he even worth training up? Sell that sucker on for a tidy profit, then combine that profit with more money and find a super tall lad.

Worth training as a #8, but not a 2nd row to me.

I have put a second row up for sale now if anyone interested? details in thread!

Worth training as a #8, but not a 2nd row to me.

I have put a second row up for sale now if anyone interested? details in thread!

Does 4cm really make that much of a difference tho? i thought anything 200 + was good second row material.

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Does 4cm really make that much of a difference tho? i thought anything 200 + was good second row material.

above 200 is fine, but all the top teams will have taller and so you will survive in div III and below, but be disadvantaged higher up.

In my team i've 211, 204x2 and 203. will be selling the 2nd 204 lad as young and promoting a lad from the academy in couple of weeks I hope to get to U20's.

Think JP said on offsite 3cm =approx 1 jumping skill. so decent enough advantage at higher end where the skill sets will be broadly similar and to get an extra skill point is harder etc.

• Advertisement

above 200 is fine, but all the top teams will have taller and so you will survive in div III and below, but be disadvantaged higher up.

In my team i've 211, 204x2 and 203. will be selling the 2nd 204 lad as young and promoting a lad from the academy in couple of weeks I hope to get to U20's.

Think JP said on offsite 3cm =approx 1 jumping skill. so decent enough advantage at higher end where the skill sets will be broadly similar and to get an extra skill point is harder etc.

hmm never saw that 3cm = 1 jumping skill, serious advantage for sure there, I've been neglecting my second rows for a while now, only have 2 guys at 203cm and 202 cm and ones gonna be retired in while soon, have some cash in the bank so might see if i can pick up one soon.

Advertisement