Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

bossa_nova wrote: »
    3cm = 1 jumping skill,

Its 2cm = 1 jumping skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Knew someone would correct me! :D

but sure 2cm= 1 jumping skill makes my point stronger.

Ya you were dead right, 200cm is grand in div 3. My 'go to guy' was only 200cm the whole time i was in div 3 but as soon as i moved up he was clearly out of his depth as a lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

eoferrall wrote: »
    Knew someone would correct me! :D

but sure 2cm= 1 jumping skill makes my point stronger.
    are you sure? 1 skill point per 2cm is massive. say the opposition is 202 and yours 204 with 15 and 15 jumping does that mean its 15 vs 16 because say the same player but 13 vs 13 makes it 13 and 14 meaning the extra cms are less meaninful than the first guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone know how this was calculated?

I'm not that up on current affairs on the offsite but i remember seeing a graph which suggested small height differences made very little difference to a successful throw.

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    are you sure? 1 skill point per 2cm is massive. say the opposition is 202 and yours 204 with 15 and 15 jumping does that mean its 15 vs 16 because say the same player but 13 vs 13 makes it 13 and 14 meaning the extra cms are less meaninful than the first guy?

the lads on the offsite worked it out. no idea how! same as dave can predict fairly accurately the csr of academy players when drafted.

but yeah at equal jumping the taller guy has approx 1 skill point advantage as you say above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

corny wrote: »
    Anyone know how this was calculated?

I'm not that up on current affairs on the offsite but i remember seeing a graph which suggested small height differences made very little difference to a successful throw.

Dave did a graph, I have thr link somewhere, that suggests height differences weren't that significant for successful throws. But I don't think the jumping stats were available for the players.

To me it is likely that a team will be more likely to play a tall guy with slightly lower jumping than a smaller guy with the same jumping. This would act to level out the effect of height in this graph.

No idea how the 2cm = 1 jumping was calculated but it seems generally accepted.

Edit: offsite thread link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

0 metres gained by the bot tonight... take THAT bot-face!

Though I already have a significant team in the next round. Not cool.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    0 metres gained by the bot tonight... take THAT bot-face!

Though I already have a significant team in the next round. Not cool.

Same happened to me last year. Must be more human teams than before as it used to seem very rare for a non-bot 3rd round.

Saying that I have a bot in the next round ;), which is great as I have a feeling the cup money will be very welcome this season.

mar-z wrote: »
    No idea how the 2cm = 1 jumping was calculated but it seems generally accepted.

Edit: offsite thread link

Yep thats the one.

Not that i'm a sceptic but i'd love to see how it was calculated given the variables involved (form, experience, hookers hands, lifters, etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I think it's a random statement that 2cm = 1 jumping skill! height is important but trust me a 202cm lock with 17 Jumping is superior to the 206 with 15 jumping. Personally I would work off 4cm = 1 skill point at NT level

Also Stamina needs to be taken into account when judging any skill. If that 202 CM guy has 18 Stamina compared to a 208 CM guy with 15 Stamina then judging becomes much harder. Stamina is key to skill performance in the ME

Phonehead wrote: »
    I think it's a random statement that 2cm = 1 jumping skill! height is important but trust me a 202cm lock with 17 Jumping is superior to the 206 with 15 jumping. Personally I would work off 4cm = 1 skill point at NT level

That was one of the things that confused me when seeing people post it on the offsite. Haven't seen anyone contradict it so I assumed it was one of those general pieces of knowledge that's been around forever.

Tbh my starting locks have been 200 and 202 cm for seasons now. The only teams to destroy my lineout completely are theones that have a significant csr advantage in the lock positions. But my lineout generally holds it own. Still all things being equal get the tallest player possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Oooops, accidentally played normal against a bot. 151-0 with 22 tries :o

Absolutely disgusted after todays game. My attack suddenly seems toothless and even though i had a better ruck rating i was losing ball all day long, add the penalty count to that and it was just a disaster of a game.

I don't like this new away/home system on the club office window. Thought I'd secured a historic win against Mauling Bear today, but no, no.

Don't know how to judge the match, think the final score was far too kind and a result of FOTG. I was getting taken apart in the first half, then clawed a few back in the second, but I'm still not convinced that it's a positive improvement.

It's always the hard part when you're against a better team and an active manager. Hard to know if the tactics were right, but you were just outplayed by a superior team, or if you have to go to the drawing board.

FOTG has been tweaked so its not as effective as it used to be.
    Dynamic intensity (a.k.a. Foot off the Gas, or FOTG) is a feature which allows the intensity levels of both sides to rise or fall based on changes in the score line during a match. When the lead gained by the winning team reaches 22 points or more, their intensity will drop in small increments and equally, the intensity of the losing team will rise by the same amount. If and when the score gap should decrease at any point outside of the set 22 points margin; intensity will return at the same rate to it's original level. In matches where the 4 try bonus point is applicable, dynamic intensity cannot have an effect on the winning team unless the bonus point has been achieved. In knock-out matches such as cup or playoffs, dynamic intensity will have no effect at all on either side.

I had that in mind, but you're right, there wasn't a big enough gap to kick in FOTG. Guess I'll just have to look over the match and see whether it was an unlucky first half for me or a very lucky 2nd.

So back in Div III and pasted a lad 76-0.. and didn't even hit the ol LTNT. he came 3rd last season. I miss the constant struggle in Div II. doing my best to get back straight up there!!

So back in Div III and pasted a lad 76-0.. and didn't even hit the ol LTNT. he came 3rd last season. I miss the constant struggle in Div II. doing my best to get back straight up there!!

Shiz, didn't realise you were back down with us plebs!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Shiz, didn't realise you were back down with us plebs!

Yeah made a few errors (i.e. i didn't just go for it in some games) ended up losing relegation playoffs by couple points. Out thought. but I'll be back!

• Advertisement

Yeah made a few errors (i.e. i didn't just go for it in some games) ended up losing relegation playoffs by couple points. Out thought. but I'll be back!

Tempted by the call this season. It's the most winnable league I've had (though still damn tough) but a consistent performance and finally cracking Mauling Bear is a way to victory.

Of course having said that, I'm sure Fetch is thinking the same thing. No doubt we'll just kill each other and watch as MB sail off into the sunrise.

philip10.jpg

Oh yes :D

Nice!

ajeffares wrote: »
    philip10.jpg

copys down stats for zim :eek:.
    nice player hes going to be an animal great spred of skills

Hell only be getting level fours for the next few weeks though which is a shame

Hell only be getting level fours for the next few weeks though which is a shame

2 of the top 5 csr guys at the last wc were trained on lvl 4s so hes still going to be a monster, with that speed hell make a great no.7

philip10.jpg

Do you have YA facilities? I'm debating whether to start on setting them up, especially after having 3 dissappointing pulls out of 3 so far this season.

Same question to everyone who has ya facilities actually. Worth it?

Won yesterdays game after being battered in the opening match. Really hoping I can stick it out in div II this time and actually get into the play-offs eventually (wont happen this season, just have to avoid the auto-relegate spots).

Last time with a much worse team (my first player over 100k csr only reached it about 2 weeks before being relegated actually) I lasted for 4 seasons before losing a qualifier, but never once finished above 6th. I'm really hoping to show progress this time!

mar-z wrote: »
    Do you have YA facilities? I'm debating whether to start on setting them up, especially after having 3 dissappointing pulls out of 3 so far this season.

Same question to everyone who has ya facilities actually. Worth it?

I think i'm going to do away with the entire youth setup tbh. None of it makes financial sense. I pay 200,000 a season to a youth scout and the best players he finds i end up firing. I'm either not lucky or he's full of ****. He's getting the sack anyway.:D

The only benefit i see is that it provides Irish trainees for U20's.

I wouldn't dare spend the money training given how bad the scouting is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

corny wrote: »
    I think i'm going to do away with the entire youth setup tbh. None of it makes financial sense. I pay 200,000 a season to a youth scout and the best players he finds i end up firing. I'm either not lucky or he's full of ****. He's getting the sack anyway.:D

The only benefit i see is that it provides Irish trainees for U20's.

I wouldn't dare spend the money training given how bad the scouting is.

not sure about the training either. Going by DaveHartnett's estimates of my S18 prospects when they were scouted and their actual CSR on promotion, L2 training facilities added about 1000 CSR over a season. Worth it? don't think so.

Advertisement