Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

mar-z wrote: »
    Won yesterdays game after being battered in the opening match. Really hoping I can stick it out in div II this time and actually get into the play-offs eventually (wont happen this season, just have to avoid the auto-relegate spots).

Last time with a much worse team (my first player over 100k csr only reached it about 2 weeks before being relegated actually) I lasted for 4 seasons before losing a qualifier, but never once finished above 6th. I'm really hoping to show progress this time!

Damn you! staying up there with your first player reaching 100k! :( though i will admit I looked at the qualifier and saw CSR gap of a few hundred and just hit the ltnt button. regret not investigating more now.

Ah sure I will train and be back stronger!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

eoferrall wrote: »
    Damn you! staying up there with your first player reaching 100k! :(

Actually the season I got the 100k csr player I got relegated. But div II is a much tougher looking place these days. My first stint I was promoted due to the first bot flush and the league just kept getting tougher each year as the less tactically adept/weaker csr/not logging on regularly teams got replaced.

Now I have a much better team and have severe worries about getting relegated. :(

Actually the season I got the 100k csr player I got relegated. But div II is a much tougher looking place these days. My first stint I was promoted due to the first bot flush and the league just kept getting tougher each year as the less tactically adept/weaker csr/not logging on regularly teams got replaced.

Now I have a much better team and have severe worries about getting relegated. :(

Best of luck staying up - the boardsies are slowing creeping up from 4 to 3 and now to 2... one day div 1 will be 8 boards teams! :cool:

eoferrall wrote: »
    Best of luck staying up - the boardsies are slowing creeping up from 4 to 3 and now to 2... one day div 1 will be 8 boards teams! :cool:

It will be like a boards league where I don't have to track fixtures! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Div II is so competitive though.

I think my team averages 135k csr per player, or something like that, and that is only the third highest average in our league :rolleyes:

Very tough to get promoted into the big one. Just have to hang around in the game longer than anyone else :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

My first promotion to Div II was a bot flush too... got relegated straight away, was happy with the last two seasons, managed to avoid auto relegation, but WNIM on the playoff against Lunster ( didnt log in, my own fault :(), have my hands full this season with Emperor and Ballina in my league, tough nuts to crack but we'll have a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

:(

Forgot to set my team for the cup tonight!

I was in the process of doing it yesterday, had scoped out the opposition etc., then got distracted and didn't have a chance to get back to it.

Since there's nothing he can do about it at this stage...
    ... if he targets my centres he'll find a 2nd string forward in his way.

Oh, and if my props get injured, he'll have to contend with a lightweight winger aswell.

Also in terms of tactics, he'll probably be quite happy with the amount of time I'm kicking the ball to him. :(

I reeeeeeally need change my default team. Gonna do it now before this nonsense happens again!

EDIT: GAH! Just realised I sold one of my 2nd rows too! There's now a 2nd string prop contesting in the air. FACK

I might have gone too gun-ho about the cup tonight. Put out complete reserves at WNWIM .... the stars are close despite having a big enough CSR advantage. he must have gone LTNT. we'll see in an hour i guess.... morto to get knocked out now...:o

Edit: what was I worried about. 5 tries there now so guess the fotg kicks in... but i'm wnwim anyway! ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Phew, reading this made me think i forgot to set my team for the match tonight, i thought i was LNT with my best team against a bot :pac: Totally forgot i set them at weekend

.........A bot just scored a try against me, how embarrassing :(

lol? one of my props just took a peno kick at goal, and my kicker is still on the field ?
    oh wait bot player with the same name:pac:

• Advertisement

Phew! Won that one 35-7. Oddly, one of my 2nd rows was injured in the first half and was replaced by a short winger... yet I only conceded one line-out and came out the better team in the scrum. Very odd. I imagine him just suspended amongst the forwards, prancing about when he can.

My forward, who was lobbed in as a centre, actually scored 2 tries! Bonza!

Gah already have drawn a good team in the cup, have Couch potatoes next and they have a far smidgen of a CSR advantage over, not sure weather to try and seal the win with a TNT or just focus on the league

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Gah already have drawn a good team in the cup, have Couch potatoes next and they have a far smidgen of a CSR advantage over, not sure weather to try and seal the win with a TNT or just focus on the league

They certainly are a tough nut to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Gah Round 4 of the cup :(

I got Kenneally Rfc, need to decide what to do?

Has anyone played them? I don't recognize the team but they appear to recently promoted to Div 3 this season after consecutive Div 4 titles.

satory wrote: »
    Gah Round 4 of the cup :(

I got Kenneally Rfc, need to decide what to do?

Has anyone played them? I don't recognize the team but they appear to recently promoted to Div 3 this season after consecutive Div 4 titles.

Ah sure you'll be grand, burn that suckah!

Anyone got a big team tomorrow? I'm lucky with a Div 3 minnow. Still taking no chances, but it's the seconds who are heading out.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Anyone got a big team tomorrow? I'm lucky with a Div 3 minnow. Still taking no chances, but it's the seconds who are heading out.

nope I have a small team from div IV - his best player is only slightly better than the lads I pulled from the YA/bought this season for the UTP. should be ok with my seconds at low intensity.

I have Darkside who ironically took my place in division III.5 this season.

They have better csr and better energy so not confident. Unfortunately two of my winnable league games came in weeks 2 and 3 so ltnt'd both for the wins.

I've decided to send the 1sts out normal in the hope they don't tnt and I can sneak something.

I'm throwing out a scrap seconds at WNWIM to lose tonight, my team are already a bit knackered and would have had to sent them out TNT to win, so I'm just going to focus on the league this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I'm playing Red Kings, who are a ways ahead of me in the rankings, and a fair bit on CSR too :rolleyes:.
    First year that I can have a go at these cup matches though as should be able to stay up in Div III handy enough.

• Advertisement

I have Darkside who ironically took my place in division III.5 this season.

They have better csr and better energy so not confident. Unfortunately two of my winnable league games came in weeks 2 and 3 so ltnt'd both for the wins.

I've decided to send the 1sts out normal in the hope they don't tnt and I can sneak something.
    Darkside are back down in Div III? They were always one of the top Div III sides from way back pre-bot flush. Surprised they weren't able to secure a dominant position in Div II. Think they've knocked me out of the cup on more than one occasion!

Darkside are back down in Div III? They were always one of the top Div III sides from way back pre-bot flush. Surprised they weren't able to secure a dominant position in Div II. Think they've knocked me out of the cup on more than one occasion!

They got relegated on points difference. DivII is a scary old place. I'd actually have some confidence if I hadn't ltnt'd the last 2 games, unfortunately if I ltnt again it will kill my players for too long and I need to be able to pick up points to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

They got relegated on points difference. DivII is a scary old place. I'd actually have some confidence if I hadn't ltnt'd the last 2 games, unfortunately if I ltnt again it will kill my players for too long and I need to be able to pick up points to survive.

Dont forget cup games dont have as much impact on energy as league games.

Dont forget cup games dont have as much impact on energy as league games.

Really? :eek: Did not know that! Probably due to the fact the only season I've got past round 4 was the one where I was away for a couple of months and my default team played most rounds.

Actually turns out I'm level on overall stars in the team ratings so the normal was the right call even though I made it thinking the energy hit was the usual. I love it when a lack of planning comes together!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Got a weird Div IV team. He seems to log on a lot but his CSR his still at the ~15k or so. He has also LTNTed every game so his team are pure shattered.

Seconds on WNWIM have him in the stars...

Ah knackbags!

My outhalf got injured at the start of the match and my 1st team OH had to come on! That's him too tired for the weekend. Damnit!

Lookin' like a handy win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

50 points, not even half time. Like a bot! hopefully he brought more away fans though!

Losing 10-12 at the half. Too close to call on the scoreboard but they have been the better team.

Losing 10-12 at the half. Too close to call on the scoreboard but they have been the better team.

Must give it a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

3-3 at half time, stormy weather and low scoring game. Hope my lads are able for the second half

Advertisement