Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Zagato wrote: »
    @Bossa Nova

Jeez I know it's a tight game at the moment, but I think you need to tell your boys to hold back:

He'll still be playing on, mind!

hehe, just saw too :pac:
    match is really going down to the wire, my kicker has missed so many shots at goal:(

Another one missed,
    hes only hit 1 out of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yeah your kicker deserves a talking to alright, some of those have been pretty straightforward kicks.

You've been pretty unfortunate with injuries too........ never mind my kicker's gone off, that's me finished I'd say :(

I'll be reverting back to my normal kicker after this for a while anyway, was trying him out as i was thinking of switching him to outhalf but not anymore:pac:

I just wonder how hard the FOTG is hitting you in this match, to go 21-0 to 28- 34 is crazy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

bossa_nova wrote: »
    I'll be reverting back to my normal kicker after this for a while anyway, was trying him out as i was thinking of switching him to outhalf but not anymore:pac:

I just wonder how hard the FOTG is hitting you in this match, to go 21-0 to 28- 34 is crazy :eek:

Ah, think I had been pretty lucky, I certainly will be happy to take two bonus points from that, and hopefully my team will recover enough by next week to pick up a few more points, good game though

Argh i hate when people snatch players your bidding on right at the last minute so annoying. I completley forgot to look over the last few minutes of the bid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hang on... I've just got my teams confused. I'm actually against a Div II side in the cup! Ok, so they still have a full 15 at 100k+, all rested and invincible... but at least the absolute devastation may not be as absolute and my contentment won't implode as much.

It's the little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

There's a greater than 10 points difference in your ranking so a loss shouldn't have any effect. Unless it works differently for the cup.

mar-z wrote: »
    There's a greater than 10 points difference in your ranking so a loss shouldn't have any effect. Unless it works differently for the cup.

Niiiiice!

Though what if I play my seconds on WNWIM ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

ormond lad wrote: »
    Im away to wimpy next week in cup. dont think ive a hope after looking at his squad
    forgot to TNT:o so getting well beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

let Bob away with a wnwim against my 2nds, hes putting up a Bot score on me, i hope he didnt waste a Normal on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Currently 31-13 up vs Wexford Wanderers. decent scalp for me as his team is miles better then mine. Although playing at home, energy advantage and LTNT'd seems have swung it my way

Oh well... 68-10 thrashing my Southern Marauders. Pretty sure my rushed tactical gamble was stupid. We were pretty even in the stars (his WNWIM vs my TNT) but he just scored tries with ease.

Through to round 6, beating Welsh All Blacks 7-57.

Mighty Maks away next round. Should be a tight one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

into round 6 of the cup, up against Gufingolfini who have similar level team, they slightly ahead in CSR by quick scan it looks but I have home advantage. They are currently sitting mid table of DIV II, so hoping the league is his focus. but shall study team next week and see what the story is.

Most boardsies still in the cup I assume? scan of round 6 shows lots of names I recognise!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I got knocked out last night by Mighty Maks :(

Just looking through the cup history there, and my first 2 full seasons were my best ever cup runs as I managed to get into Round 6 in Season 8 and 9. Nowadays I cant get past round 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Out of the cup before it even got interesting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Another team with higher csr and higher division but not at home and will probably have less energy. Hoping for a miracle to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

eoferrall wrote: »

Most boardsies still in the cup I assume? scan of round 6 shows lots of names I recognise!

Well tbf, if you've after getting knocked out of the cup this early...

Orizio wrote: »

Its all luck of the draw. You could get a div 1 side in round three if you are very unlucky

Orizio wrote: »

Oh play nice Orizio! :D

For my team this is only the second time to this stage between luck of the draw and generally giving the league precedence over the cup.

• Advertisement

Normally rock a round 7 or 8 myself, but that's just been a really flukey couple of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ajeffares wrote: »
    Its all luck of the draw. You could get a div 1 side in round three if you are very unlucky

Fairly serious post to my obvious wum'ing here Jeff. ;)

Wum'ing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

ajeffares wrote: »
    Wum'ing?

Wind up merchanting. He's always at it!

S**t, just realised that I'm not playing my best player despite the fact I tnt'd.

Am ahead but severely on the backfoot.

so nice having one bot in the league, nice rest up for the lads and an easy 5 points in the league :cool:

Threw out the seconds against Simpletons... not having it all my way, that's for sure. In the lead at the moment but could easily lose.
    Just glad I didn't include my two YA pulls. "Ah yeah, sure I'll give them a run out" was the thinking for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

mar-z wrote: »
    S**t, just realised that I'm not playing my best player despite the fact I tnt'd.

Am ahead but severely on the backfoot.

Watching your game Mar-z. I had to lie down for the 49'ers.

Good defence and incredible discipline keeping you ahead.

Edit: "Ormond have now put 17 phases together in a row, Ormond have no problem keeping possession."

Actually, it's grand now, got my 5 tries and he's still on 1. Obviously the first half was a tense affair. Probably the aul stamina making the difference.
    In the first half they did a solid job of keeping me boxed in.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Watching your game Mar-z. I had to lie down for the 49'ers.

Good defence and incredible discipline keeping you ahead.

Edit: "Ormond have now put 17 phases together in a row, Ormond have no problem keeping possession."

Yeah, not selecting my starting OH accidently and my hooker going off injured means I haven't taken as much advantage of the penalties as I should have.

Lost 12 turnovers but got 11 penalties, crazy game! I might need to lie down after it!

Advertisement