Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEASON 15 - RUGBY RUMBLE XV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Threw out the B team on WNWIM to get hammered. They are getting hammered but somehow they have managed to score 3 tries. 15 mins left, come on one more boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

F**k my lineout has disintegrated completely. This is turning into an attack vs defense training drill.

DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

Edit: Finally won a lineout again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

mar-z wrote: »
    F**k my lineout has disintegrated completely. This is turning into an attack vs defense training drill.

DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

Edit: Finally won a lineout again!

"As Pecorari makes his lineout call, Grubber RFC players look confused. Oh dear- they've lifted the wrong man"

Amateurs!:p

corny wrote: »
    "As Pecorari makes his lineout call, Grubber RFC players look confused. Oh dear- they've lifted the wrong man"

Amateurs!:p

It's not a strong point in my team but they are taking the piss. They have a last minunte penalty for the draw.

Edit: draw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It's not a strong point in my team but they are taking the piss. They have a last minunte penalty for the draw.

Edit: draw :(

Hard luck but an away draw is a good result.

dare i say it not a bad result for Forza Juve;)

• Advertisement

Unbelievable. 80 mins gone and over the course of 5 mins my team worked their way up the entire field to score the BL point.

Hard luck but an away draw is a good result.

dare i say it not a bad result for Forza Juve;)

Thanks. The draw is not bad at all and brings me a bit further away from the auto-relegate spots. Great result for Forza too staying in 4th ;)

Ahhh I'm just annoyed as it being so close my best player and kicker might have edged things for me if I had of not messed up my lineup. Or the thought that maybe if my hooker hadn't got injured and was replaced by my third choice my lineout might have been minutely better (lost lineouts on my own throw in the 77th and 79th minutes :( and was 2/2 with my starting hooker but I think 9/21 :eek: after the injury)

Then again if Ormond hadn't spammed p&g tactics like noone I've ever seen maybe they could have got the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Wind up merchanting. He's always at it!

Ah right trolling basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Can't beleive i ignored to YA and proper training of players for ages when i started this game. Got my first decent trainee to hit a 100k csr today and hes still only 20!, have another 19yo at 91k and a fresh 17yo at 35K and he has a chance of making the under 20s!

Have YA lad scouted a 150 stars and i cant wait to see his csr when i promote him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Can't beleive i ignored to YA and proper training of players for ages when i started this game. Got my first decent trainee to hit a 100k csr today and hes still only 20!, have another 19yo at 91k and a fresh 17yo at 35K and he has a chance of making the under 20s!

Have YA lad scouted a 150 stars and i cant wait to see his csr when i promote him:D

Wow, that's excellent!

Must say, I always went with the whole team training approach. Means I've a pretty solid unit now, but nowhere near those high CSRs. I probably "wasted" some of my training slots over the seasons by giving the twenty-somethings a go.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Wow, that's excellent!

Must say, I always went with the whole team training approach. Means I've a pretty solid unit now, but nowhere near those high CSRs. I probably "wasted" some of my training slots over the seasons by giving the twenty-somethings a go.

I was the same with training the whole team, giving 10-15 lads 1-3 training slots at the start, once i got my lvl 5 facilities i decided to go all out and train 3 guys at 10 sessions and its working out great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Wow, that's excellent!

bossa_nova wrote: »
    I was the same with training the whole team, giving 10-15 lads 1-3 training slots at the start, once i got my lvl 5 facilities i decided to go all out and train 3 guys at 10 sessions and its working out great

I did the same, spreading them out, but the benefits of picking 3 players and destroying them until 100k+ and then moving onto the next batch means within 6 seasons you have an unbelievable team and training hard until 20/21 means you have them for another 10 seasons if you wish.

This is the method I would advocate and I would follow from the start if I was begining again.

means you have decent CSR and also very skilled players within a short period.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i agree guys i think training three guys up on as many sessions as you can provide be it 10 by 3 or 2 by 10 +7/9 is the way to go. id also say dont get attached to any player as selling one or two for profit and then being smart with your money and bring in 3-4 players with 2 million is doable.

im planning on bring all my sub players in from the ya in the next few seasons letting them get to 19 unless one is looking very good then promote

another lil landmark again for gideons, one of my older trainees that i stopped training is currently selling for over a million :cool:

Currently thinking I could have gone normal tonight, winning 21-0 with LTNT. We shall see at the end what the impact is.

Best of luck to all in cup tonight

13 all at half time.

Had a very slight advantage in total stars and stamina so hopefully that helps in the 2nd half. Not sure what way it will go tbh.

My gamble of a normal might have been a mistake although in fairness I'm pretty certain that as expected they are going normal as well.

The Couch Potatoes rolled over for me.

Just have to wait and see who I get in next round.

20-23 with a last minute penalty, got away with the normal.....just.

20-23 with a last minute penalty, got away with the normal.....just.

I was watching that game, lucky man. Entertaining to the last though!

Yep, after the TMO went aagainst me in the 75th minute I started to try find out what the rules were if a draw!

Have a nice draw for the next round considering who is still left in the comp. Dufferin RFC

• Advertisement

Have a nice draw for the next round considering who is still left in the comp. Dufferin RFC

A handy number for you!

I got Ormond, first real test of this cup campaign but should be able to take him. He's a bit down on energy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Thumped 61-12 ah well, better performance than recent years so thats a positive

I got Ormond, first real test of this cup campaign but should be able to take him. He's a bit down on energy at the moment.

Played them in the league last weekend. Crazy match it was. They're strong enough in the lineout and were very high with pick and go.

With their energy you should take them I think.

Yep, after the TMO went aagainst me in the 75th minute I started to try find out what the rules were if a draw!

He's in my league, you'll give him some spanking easily enough. Lucky man!

Got my nemesis from div II last season pipped him to 6th for him to auto relegate...but then I lost playoffs! : /

eoferrall wrote: »
    He's in my league, you'll give him some spanking easily enough. Lucky man!

Depending on the energy difference by next week I think I should be able to get away without a tnt again which is great.

Depending on the energy difference by next week I think I should be able to get away without a tnt again which is great.

I'd be confident of beating his TNT with normal also.

I'll be looking at energy etc and seeing if I wish to take the gamble that they wont TNT also for energy reasons in my match. regretting that TNT last night now since they went normal and spanked them :(

Feeling pretty happy here. We had an upstart in our league, the lad sat in Div 4 for seasons, saving his money, then dropped 7 or so million on players, suddenly giving himself the second best team by CSR. Then he went and soundly beat the 1st team. Looked like he was on an unstoppable rampage. Currently stomping his face. I just hope he didn't throw a WNWIM at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Feeling pretty happy here. We had an upstart in our league, the lad sat in Div 4 for seasons, saving his money, then dropped 7 or so million on players, suddenly giving himself the second best team by CSR. Then he went and soundly beat the 1st team. Looked like he was on an unstoppable rampage. Currently stomping his face. I just hope he didn't throw a WNWIM at me.
    nope, that was his LTNT, he's just not very good at this i think, the mauling bear win might have been a fluke

cclampett wrote: »
    nope, that was his LTNT, he's just not very good at this i think, the mauling bear win might have been a fluke

The big decider will be against Fetch next weekend. He couldn't use his team last season, but that win against Mauling Bear was certainly an upset. They're not really a team you can accidentally beat, usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

if you have strong enough players you could win anything by pure luck, and he has a few very strong players,and mauling bear was likely caught off guard
    on average fetch has a stronger side, and has been the most frustrating team i've ever played - could get close in match ratings (higher intensity) but not on the board
    so if he beats fingal bears i'll eat my shoe

Advertisement