Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve - Fanfest - "CyberBullying" - The Mittani

Options
  • 27-03-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

So this whole thing has exploded over the last few days and doesn't look to be stopping any time soon.

Initial Callout Thread:
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86554&find=unread
    I would like to call for the resignation of “The Mittani” in regards to his complete misconduct during the Fanfest 2012 Alliance Panel. Per CSM Representative Conduct article of the Council of Stellar Management, all active CSMs are bound to abide by EULA and TOS and are subject to immediate dismissal and permanent exclusion regardless of infraction. As the representative of the best of the EVE players, more stringent stance is given as they are “expected to uphold the social contract that all society members are held accountable to, but should also set a behavior standard for everyone else to follow.

For those who are unfamiliar with The Mittani’s misconduct, please refer to the link where he knowingly encouraged thousands of potential Fanfest viewers to send mails to an EVE player who has exhibited a history of mental instability, to provoke him to commit suicide

CSMs are elected to exhibit the best of their behaviors, may it be in drinking, partying, or playing EVE, but knowingly encouraging other players to take part in a possible suicide of a player in front of thousands of EVE and non-EVE audiences crosses boundaries.

When asked to answer for his misconduct, he only gave a nonchalant answer. He should have been begging on his knees, apologizing for his childish behavior. If a no-name player like me incites thousands of EVE Online players to partake in an act to provoke a mentally unstable person to commit suicide, I would have been banned by CCP without question. By the tone of his postings, he is completely unapologetic of his misconduct. Is it ok that because he's the head of CSM, that he can do whatever he wants

Mittani's "Apology" thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86980&find=unread
    This has been hanging over my head since Thursday when I stumbled away from the Alliance Panel with a vague sense that I had done something horrible. I didn't know the extent of how much of a ****heel I had been until today, when footage of the presentation went up. As many of you now know, I gave out the in-game character name of a Mackinaw miner if anyone had wanted to blow him up - except that I was so smashed that I didn't recall exactly what I said (as anyone who was there can tell you). When I came to the forums the other day and saw threads complaining about my behavior - not remembering what I'd said - I assumed that I was enduring the usual anti-Goonswarm trolls, and posted something like "deal with it~" in my usual "The Mittani" way.

Then I landed, and saw the article listing my actual quote.

Christ.

It all seems one big barrel of exploding crap that is going to come to a head soon.

Either
    - Mittani resigns from Chairman and one of the other CSM7 winners takes over
    - He is kicked/leaves CSM land and Goons revolt (a la threadnought)
    - Nothing happens and it simmers down and people forget it ever happened (we aren't that lucky)

With the publicity this is getting, is all publicity good? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Jesus thats pretty awful. I didnt think you could cross a line in Eve but I think we found it

Just watched the CSM panel and the first 3 guys were ok/good but then it turned into a train wreck getting into a car crash. Three tards going "hurrr durrr im drunk!"

Id say option 3 is going to happen unless mittens does step down of his own accord. I doubt CCP will "Fire" him

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Commencal

Gotta agree with Krieg on this. I can't see CCP firing him and he won't step down.

It's ****ing awful that this kinda **** goes on in EVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I thought I read that he had apologised and that he was "thinking about stepping down" which means its just PR spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭Laviski

in my eyes ccp have no choice.

either mittani resigns or gets booted.

Flaming ingame is one thing its another to brag about it in public especially at Fanfast. Drink is no excuse for being a gobshi*e. Forgive the profanity but what esle to call him?

oh and there is no such thing as bad publicity unless ppl actually die from said event. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Goons caught being Goons live streamed on the interwebs. In space no one can hear you "n****r j*w f****t kill yourself n****r" but at fanfest there are game journalists/ Reps / Sponsors /

Also, holy **** Micheal Bolton is a muppet

• Advertisement

bolton may be a muppet but his presentation was funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Trololololol

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28576
    alliance panel at fanfest 2012: the conclusion
    reported by GM Salmon | 2012.03.28 00:00:00 | NEW | Comments
    As some of you might have heard, one of the Alliance leaders speaking at the Alliance Panel during EVE Fanfest 2012 breached our EULA/TOS with some ill-advised remarks about a fellow EVE player. It goes without saying that CCP deeply regrets this incident and will work towards reducing any possibility of this happening again in the future.

CCP requested that all panel PowerPoint presentations and discussion topics be handed in beforehand for approval. Regrettably, the offending comments were made during an unscripted Q&A session after the main presentations.

Following a thorough internal review CCP has decided to respond to this clear violation of our Terms of Service and wholly inappropriate use of the Alliance Panel. According to our existing policies, we have issued a 30 day ban from EVE Online to the panel speaker.

The policy of CCP is not to publicly discuss warnings and bans on an individual basis. This situation is entirely unique because the panel was displayed via CCP’s Fanfest video stream component, a platform analogous to our forums. As a result we have published this statement due to the special circumstances involved. However, our policy remains that we will not publicly discuss warnings and bans.

The panelist has subsequently posted a public apology as well as a private apology to the victim of his attack. He has also resigned from his position as Chairman of CSM 6 and has forfeited his right to serve on CSM 7. As per our policies, this candidate may be eligible to run at a later date subject to candidacy review.

The Council of Stellar Management is a democratically elected council that represents the players of EVE Online. Although council members may represent the players in any manner they choose, being a council member does not permit actions or playstyles that violate our policies.

expected as much. but i will join the anti goon train

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :D

Im quite surprised!

Although someone did point out to me, there were plenty of sponsors, media etc at the event(and of course news articles afterwards), CCP had make some kind of move to punish mittans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Should of been outright banned from the game tbh

• Advertisement

would be epic

Mittani's response

tl;dw mittans says hes not butthurt but rallying goons to gank jita on the day he is unbanned (28th April)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

God he is so full of his own ****

Krieg wrote: »
    Mittani's response

tl;dw mittans says hes not butthurt but rallying goons to gank jita on the day he is unbanned (28th April)

Yeah but then CCP come back and say "sry nop the current way you are ganking is an exploit".

Jayzus.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

R0ot wrote: »
    Yeah but then CCP come back and say "sry nop the current way you are ganking is an exploit".
    Since when was that a problem for Goons (or most other major corps of Eve)?

Nody wrote: »
    Since when was that a problem for Goons (or most other major corps of Eve)?

Since CCP actually started enforcing their "decrees" also wouldn't be hard to implement a fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I don't know why anyone was surprised he got banned. CCP had no choice with the Sony reps in attendance for the DUST519 announcement thingy or whatever. A lot of the outrage on the forums is simply coming from people who want to push their agendas in the CSM and counter the proposed Titan 'changes', perhaps there are a small amount of genuine people in there too, but I would reckon it's the vast minority.

I just saw it as a nerd trying desperately to be edgy and get a few cheap laughs after his embarrassingly unfunny presentation bombed in front of his space peers. It was a really nasty thing to say, but when taken in context, it's not as bad as it seems. It's not like he give out the victims real life details or anything. Eve (and the internet in general) is full of assholes who say much worse while behind the anonymity of their computer screens.

All in all he is lucky he only got a temp ban, the 30 days seems quite lenient. Poor Ginger Magician might feel a little hard done by. It really is terrible PR for CCP after the tough year they have gone through.

It really is terrible PR for CCP after the tough year they have gone through.

I only resubbed a couple weeks ago. Whats happened in the last year thats made it terrible for ccp? (sry for going off topic)

edit: Ah nevermind, did a search, 20% layoffs in 2011

and don't forget the crap they called incarna. (another the other expansions preceding that too, but incarna was the le creme of crap from ccp)

if CCP (and a pretty big if) keep following in the direction of cruicible they return on the righteous path. As i will win the lotto too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Laviski wrote: »
    and don't forget the crap they called incarna. (another the other expansions preceding that too, but incarna was the le creme of crap from ccp)

if CCP (and a pretty big if) keep following in the direction of cruicible they return on the righteous path. As i will win the lotto too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

CCP are responsible for some people's graphics cards burning out with the crap that was captain's quarters.

Advertisement