Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat teething?

• 27-03-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

So, I got myself a pet rat yesterday. Been one hell of an adventure so far. However, I've noticed she's taking a mad liking to chewing through fabric. Ive caught her trying to do it on my jumper when she's "pretending" to be asleep in my hood and after a wee explore on the couch, she managed to tear the throw to pieces in one spot :P
    All minor, but I was wondering can I enforce that this is bold, or is she perhaps teething? Lady in the pet shop said she's 3 months old.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

As far I remember from my pet rats, the issue of chewing and nibbling is about sharpening their teeth and claws. The female rats also have some kind of nest building instinct.

Mine, by the way, preferred the wall paper, cables and seat cushions :pac:

Advertisement