Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statements

Options
  • 27-03-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Im about to apply for a mortgage. I need to get 6 months statements from bank of Ireland current account. I usually just get a statement once a year. Do I just go in and request statements? And will there be a charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

usually (ive done it with aib, ub and mbna) you can call your local branch and they can arrange to send them out. its usually some ridicolously expensive fee of 2 euro per page or something and ive had occasion where they cannot even tell me how many pages there are!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

yes there is a charge. you should be able to print off every month for the last year on banking 365 online for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

That's strange I get a statement every month. They may or may not charge a fee for duplicates. Currently it is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for additional pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Afehogan

Oh il try print them off the banking online then! They are ridiculous charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

Afehogan wrote: »

If you havent received one for the past year they can order an original for free. You are only charged if you need copies of ones you have lost/thrown away!
    A mortgage provider will probably need copies of the official ones they may not accept online print outs.
    Hope that helps.
    Best of luck with the mtg. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Afehogan wrote: »

If you're applying to AIB,KBC,ptsb or ICS they won't accept internet printouts. If you're going to BOI they'll be able to access your accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Im about to apply for a mortgage. I need to get 6 months statements from bank of Ireland current account. I usually just get a statement once a year.

If you only get an annual statement it should show all transactions since the last statement which would satisfy the bank unless the annual statement is just a statement of the balance in the account.

Basically the bank are looking to see that you get paid, there are not dd for undeclared loans, gambling etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

You should be able to change the statement frequency without incurring any charge.

Charges for duplicate statements should be capped at €6.35, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

This post has been deleted.

Aib's e-statements are identical to their originals so will suffice as proof of address with UB as your name & address are printed on them so no need to order any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Yes if you go to your bank and request statements they will issue them for you. There is a charge and I think it's some ridiculous amount like €3-€4 per statement. I had to do the same thing last year but can't remember exactly how much it cost but wasn't cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Duplicate statements incur a fee (but it may be totally capped at €6.35 - check with your bank). A duplicate statement is one that has already been posted to the customer. It's not the bank's fault if the customer cannot find it.

Normal statements are free.

Advertisement