Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completed the game but not really

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Cerberus.gif

That was some baptism of fire. I remember thinking he'd be easy during the boss rush at the end since I'd levelled up but he was still the hardest boss out of all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Neo Zeed. the final boss in Revenge of Shinobi on the Megadrive. What a bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Not quite I dont think. But pretty similarly I guessed the appropriate difficulty level incorrectly for quake 4 and only completed the hardest boss by saving every 20 seconds or something silly like that.

edit: actually I did do exactly that in Final Fantasy 7. I realised that I needed more health potions to defeat the final boss, but had either copied over saved games where they were available or wasn't bothered going back to a save that much earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DarkJager wrote: »
    Neo Zeed. the final boss in Revenge of Shinobi on the Megadrive. What a bastard.

Never beat him either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,128 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well 2 games I never had a problem defeating the boss in: Ghosts 'n' Goblins and Ghouls 'n' Ghosts. Mainly bcause I didn't get anywhere near the final boss. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Had a couple but these were a good while ago;

Final Mission in Half Life 1 re-release on ps2 on coop split screen, were some big thing was flying around in the sky dropping super mutants.

Think it was max payne 1 were I couldnt beat some helicopter or something at the end

Ultimate weapons in FF7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

DarkJager wrote: »

Ha brilliant! I took ages to beat him. That stupid maze with the doors at the end only to be whipped about the place by that abomination. Once I beat him the first time it wasn't so hard again.. but ya it took some doing. I wouldn't have an ounce of patience for it now though. He'd kick my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't think of any games off hand, but i know i stopped playing some games because they were either utter crap (Bomberman Act:Zero jumps to mind!) or too hard for me to enjoy (Dark Souls).

If a game is too hard to enjoy, i usually stop playing. I like playing games to get enjoyment. Risen is testing me at the moment, but i think it's my strategy thats letting me down, ie: enemies are hard until a certain level.

I wouldn't consider i've completed the games though. You've only completed a game if you have personally beaten the boss/end (cheating can be ok in some cases - i would love a shot at Dark Souls with unlimited health, seems like it might have a good story and interesting characters, just too hard).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

i would love a shot at Dark Souls with unlimited health

Heathen!!!!! :pac:
    seems like it might have a good story and interesting characters, just too hard.

You have to approach Dark Souls wanting a challenge and to experience a rich, atmospheric world (story and characters are close to non-existent). It's only very rarely unfair (that cursed gate near the start, the last boss with certain builds) and really the rewards are huge.

There's been a few games I've abandoned just before the end. Longest running one is The Lion King on the Megadrive. Just couldn't figure out how to beat Scar as a wee lad in the pre-internet days... having to play the entire game to get there again was a more draining prerequisite everytime.

Although it's amongst my favourite games ever (C) I never played the 'true' final boss in Persona 4. The previous ending was more than apt for me, and the weird conditions to unlock the 'true' final dungeon were a rare misjudgement in an otherwise splendid game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never beat him either :(

never made it! That fecking maze was impossible, at least it was in pre-internet times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Heathen!!!!! You have to approach Dark Souls wanting a challenge and to experience a rich, atmospheric world (story and characters are close to non-existent). It's only very rarely unfair (that cursed gate near the start, the last boss with certain builds) and really the rewards are huge.

Ah, if there's no story or characters then i won't even bother attempting in the future. And i'm all for a challenge, but if i'm not enjoying it i won't continue. It's like those scrolling shooters with the screen full of bullets, that's a crazy challenge and something i would never enjoy...

I will also add to the thread that i rarely play games through a second tiome if there's alternative endings. I've intentions of going through the mass Effect series with all renegade choices at some stage though... :pac:

Advertisement