Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Signal Strength

Options
  • 27-03-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'v had UPC broadband for about a year or so now, over the past 2-3 weeks its stopped working at the back of my house. The router is located at the front of the house and my bedroom is at the back but it's still not very far.
    I'v rang UPC about 6-7 times about it and all they do is change the wireless channel and tell me thats all they can do. They said i can move the router too but I don't want to and shouldn't really have to seen as it was working there before. Anyone got any tips on what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

RF interference from a neighbouring router, baby listener. video sender or any other item which uses a frequency the same or close to that used by your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

FSL wrote: »
    RF interference from a neighbouring router, baby listener. video sender or any other item which uses a frequency the same or close to that used by your router.

Thanks for the reply, is there any way of a quick fix for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

plastik90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, is there any way of a quick fix for this?

Yes, if it's interference, change wireless channel to one that isn't noisy. If it's a location issue move the router somewhere more central. If it's a big area you'd maybe need to run a cable or use homeplugs and add a second wireless device the other side of the house on another channel well away from the one the existing router is on.

Advertisement