Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zxyel router/vodafone broadband problem

• 27-03-2012 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have the eircom black zyxel router but have switched over to vodafone a few months now but can still access the eircom web configurator for router settings. One day last week was online on ps3 and got signed out and have not been able to use broadband since. The Wifi, DSL, and Internet lights on the router are still showing green(usually red when network is down). The wifi on my ipod shows up as been connected to broadband with 100% signal but when i try go on internet it wont load in. When i go on pc it says ''local only'' and when i try go online on ps3 once again it shows up 100% signal but says ''there is a DNS error''? I tried connecting my pc to the router via ethernet cable but still says local only even tho green light comes up on ethernet 1 on router? can anyone please try help? ive held in reset button on back of router and also reset the router back to factory using the web based configurator. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

sounds like u need to log into your router and reenter your vodafone details again to log on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kc729

all ready did. when i reset my router the red light came up on internet cause it was gone back to eircom but i put back in voafone details and internet light went green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kc729

can no1 help me with this???:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Change your DNS settings to Google's public DNS, and see if you have internet access then.
    The preferred address is 8.8.8.8 and the alternate is 8.8.4.4
    Here are some instructions on how to change the DNS.

Advertisement