Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter to Hardwareversand from boards.ie users

Options
  • 27-03-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Made a new thread so Everyone would see the letter and what we hope to get so here is is:

Dear Sir/Madam
    You may have noticed that over the recent months there has been a dramatic increase of sales from your store hardwareversand to the Republic of Ireland. I would like to suggest the reason for this. You may not be aware that a large portion of these sales to Ireland is due to the fact, that many people are being referred to your store by means of a very popular Irish forum.
    Boards.ie is the most used online forum in the Republic of Ireland. We have our own Pc Building & Upgrading forum where users can asks for specific builds that they require. I can safely say that 100% of the time the builds that are suggested are linked to your store. We members of boards.ie agree that your store has the most extensive range of computer components available and are also pleased with the reasonable shipping rates to Ireland.
    The members of boards.ie would appreciate if you could give us a discount code exclusively for boards.ie members. If this discount was 10% or even 5%, it would be greatly appreciated by us users of boards.ie as this would separate you Hardwareversand from any other online retailer for computer components.
    I appreciate you took the time to read this and I am looking forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely
    Boards.ie users

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

like i posted in other thread: can we add a request for some more payment options? for good few people this bank transfer is a pain in a hole and a factor not to order from them.

damn even if they would give us free shiping it would be an amazing thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Il chance it so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

You may have noticed that over the recent months there has been a dramatic increase of sales from your store hardwareversand to the Republic of Ireland.

just on this part. I have been around here for a couple of years and HWVS has been used since at least then.

And you could say it would encourage users of boards to avail of your great selection of products if there was a small discount made available (rather than appreciate it because Germans are all about the bottom line :))

But looks good to me alright. Think could be on to something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

man free shipping alone would be awesome, but they probably wouldnt do it cause everyone would be ordering small items on separate orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,122 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Boards.ie is the most used online forum in the Republic of Ireland. We have our own Pc Building & Upgrading forum where users can asks for specific builds that they require.

I'm sure this is more about content than grammar, etc but if you're looking for proof reading, you can just remove the 's' from the end of asks

Other than that, with the edits suggested in here and the other thread, I think it looks good

But on another note, I know I'm fairly young in terms of number of posts, but how would the offer/discount be implemented? Basically if not implemented correctly, anyone in Ireland building a computer could use the offer and, as much as they'd appreciate the business, they may see it as abuse of the offer.

Of course, I'm sure getting the offer is the first step. After that, deciding how it works can be decided

• Advertisement

If i were to get a discount code users could PM me for it or else id distribute it to the main contributors to the forum who can then tell it to users as it is required

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

Not to seem pessimistic to ye lads, but I don't think they'd be able to give a discount, but here's hoping anyway

Not to seem pessimistic to ye lads, but I don't think they'd be able to give a discount, but here's hoping anyway
    down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

Maybe include a link or 2 to give examples of where they've been recommended? Especially for a higher priced build.

yes il include some links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'd recommend some numbers be added in. I was gonna suggest the total number of users that pass through here on a weekly basis, but if thats not possible, then maybe throw in the total number of users boards.ie has. It'll make it more measurable for them, and make them more likely to offer specials.

yes il include some links
    I just ordered this:

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€188.78
    Corsair Hydro Series H80 (Sockel 775/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1)|€81.03
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€150.95
    4 x Revoltec Kaltlicht Kathode, rot|€5.04
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€87.58
    2 x XFX CORE RADEON 7970 925M 3GB D5 2x mDP HDMI DVI|€471.64
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's PC Upgrade Kit|€155.39
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 800W|€82.21
    LG GH22NS50/70/90 bare schwarz|€16.78
    LogiLink Wireless LAN 300 Mbps PCI Karte 802.11n 2T2R|€16.42
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance rot PC3-12800U CL9|€42.68
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1804.25

a 10% saving would have been spent there anyway for another SSD to RAID0 or something stupid like that.

actually thats a good point, the 10% saving wouldn't really be a loss to them as the budget stays the same, but we get to purchase better quality components. how do you put that into writing though, or is it even worth it.

and could we mention we (Fluffy :D) built a whole javascript to beautifully shape our baskets for PHP use?

ya Fluffy's javascript would be good to mention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

"The members of boards.ie would appreciate if you could give us a discount code exclusively for boards.ie members. If this discount was 10% or even 5%, it would be greatly appreciated by us users of boards.ie as this would separate you Hardwareversand from any other online retailer for computer components"

I think we need to change "give us". After all why should they give us anything. My be something like "It might be in your interest" because, like I said in the other thread they do lose a lot of business from people unsure about the payment methods and shipping from Germany. "It might be in your interest to recognise boards.ie and stimulate increased sales sale through some kind of coupon code."
    I think it needs to show what we can give them. And,we do give them a lot of business through this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    actually thats a good point, the 10% saving wouldn't really be a loss to them as the budget stays the same, but we get to purchase better quality components. how do you put that into writing though, or is it even worth it.

-Building on that we could just ask for like 10% store credit where they just calculate 10% of your total build cost and then let you spend that.
    If someone built a 700euro machine 10% of that is 70euro, 70euro would work wonders.

-Or even ask for free shipping on orders above a certain price, 300, 400euro?

-Tell them about other sites such as Dabs, Kompletts, and tell them it would give HWVS the final push for being the best site to order anything from and not just full builds.

Shorter version of letter:
    "As we're Irish and you love the Irish, give us a discount!"

-Building on that we could just ask for like 10% store credit where they just calculate 10% of your total build cost and then let you spend that.
    If someone built a 700euro machine 10% of that is 70euro, 70euro would work wonders.

-Or even ask for free shipping on orders above a certain price, 300, 400euro?

-Tell them about other sites such as Dabs, Kompletts, and tell them it would give HWVS the final push for being the best site to order anything from and not just full builds.
    and how HWVS recognising boards.ie will reassure any doubts customers might have from doing a bank transfer to germany. kinda like boards.ie endorses HWVS as their leading PC component retailer, or the other way around.

and how HWVS recognising boards.ie will reassure any doubts customers might have from doing a bank transfer to germany. kinda like boards.ie endorses HWVS as their leading PC component retailer, or the other way around.

i just would really love them to add an option to pay by visa or paypal. thatn should go in to letter too!

Great stuff lads, Keep the ideas flowing.

Is it best to send an email or Physical letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

and could we mention we (Fluffy :D) built a whole javascript to beautifully shape our baskets for PHP use?
    and maybe just mention they can hire me as a consultant for a minimal charge, I might even just do it for free if they give me free parts :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

i just would really love them to add an option to pay by visa or paypal. thatn should go in to letter too!

I don't see them changing their payment methods, but I could see them making the shipping cost better. I've had companies in the UK do this for me because I'm a good customer. If they only knew of this site they could see right away the business we drive their way.

maybe removing the 3% paypal charge? will bring down the dispatch times anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You already can pay by Paypal

PogMoThoin wrote: »

up to 500eu. any decentish build goes over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

PogMoThoin wrote: »

up to 500eu. any decentish build goes over that.
    Really? My build that was about €800 was done by PayPal, and everything turned out fine.

Eboggles wrote: »
    Really? My build that was about €800 was done by PayPal, and everything turned out fine.

eh? i was prety sure there was a thing going around that max you can go 500eu, thats why everyone went bank trasfer way! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Personally, the best way to go about it would be from a marketing angle.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

In the past few months, you may have noticed a surge in orders and sales from customers in the Republic of Ireland. There is a reason to explain this.

Although you may currently be unaware, it would appear that the vast majority of these orders are being made as a result of suggestions put forward by members of the popular Irish website Boards.ie.

On this forum -which incidentally gets 2.3 million unique page visits per month- there is a section dedicated to PC Building & Upgrading. In this section, members of the forum discuss computer hardware components and system configurations. This section of the website is dedicated mainly to assisting users in choosing and sourcing components for their systems from retailers.

Your business has a very good reputation on this website with almost all threads pertaining to system configuration recommending your business for your relatively low prices, wide product range and good after sales service. Your website is so frequently recommended that a user has prepared a Javascript script to convert Hardwareversand basket entries in to tables ready for posting on the forum to aid in discussion.

However, although your site is frequently suggested, people can often be hesitant in deciding to order from you. This is largely due to the fact that people perceive that there are inconveniences such as language barriers and uncommon (In Ireland) payment methods involved when ordering from your business in comparison to a UK/Ireland competitor such as Dabs.ie.

At present, many new boards.ie members are turning to your UK/Ireland based competitors due to the fact that they do not perceive the price difference to be significant enough to warrant choosing you over your competitors.

As such, we, the members of boards.ie would suggest and would likewise appreciate exclusive promotional deals specific to boards.ie members such as a 5-10% discount or free shipping for certain order values. This would both reward your current loyal customers (To ensure continued recommendations) and would entice new uncertain customers to choose you over more familiar competitors such as Dabs.ie.

I appreciate the time you took to read this email and I sincerely look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,
    Partyatmygaff et al. :p
    Not too shabby if I may say so myself. If people were happy with the idea, i'd be glad to volunteer and send the email to them.

Thats perfect, If you are ok with emailing it then go ahead, If not il do it with your permission of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Thats perfect, If you are ok with emailing it then go ahead, If not il do it with your permission of course

You do it copper!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sent to webmaster@hardwareversand.de. I'll paste the reply back here as soon as I get it!
    Dear Sir/Madam,

In the past few months, you may have noticed a surge in orders and sales from customers in the Republic of Ireland. There is a reason to explain this.

Although you may currently be unaware, it would appear that the vast majority of these orders are being made as a result of suggestions put forward by members of the popular Irish website Boards.ie.

On this forum -which incidentally gets 2.3 million unique page visits per month- there is a section dedicated to PC Building & Upgrading. In this section, members of the forum discuss computer hardware components and system configurations. This section of the website is dedicated mainly to assisting users in choosing and sourcing components for their systems from retailers.

Your business has a very good reputation on this website with almost all threads pertaining to system configuration recommending your business for your relatively low prices, wide product range and good after sales service. Your website is so frequently recommended that a user has prepared a Javascript script to convert Hardwareversand basket entries in to tables ready for posting on the forum to aid in discussion.

However, although your site is frequently suggested, people can often be hesitant in deciding to order from you. This is largely due to the fact that people perceive that there are inconveniences such as language barriers and uncommon (In Ireland) payment methods involved when ordering from your business in comparison to a UK/Ireland competitor such as Dabs.ie.

At present, many new boards.ie members are turning to your UK/Ireland based competitors due to the fact that they do not perceive the price difference to be significant enough to warrant choosing you over your competitors.

As such, we, the members of boards.ie would suggest and would likewise appreciate exclusive promotional deals specific to boards.ie members such as a 5-10% discount or free shipping for certain order values. This would both reward your current loyal customers (To ensure continued recommendations) and would entice new uncertain customers to choose you over more familiar competitors such as Dabs.ie.

I appreciate the time you took to read this email and I sincerely look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

******** ******* & other members of Boards.ie

Advertisement