Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter to Hardwareversand from boards.ie users

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

People in this thread don't seem to realise how small the Irish market is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

How big is Hardwareversand? Would they do a lot more business then Scan or Komplett?

In Germany they certainly would. Remember Germany has the largest economy and largest population in the EU.

Remember part of the reason their prices are so good is because they don't have to pay 3% to the CC company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

in Germany their delivery charge is €3 iirc!
    Theyre huge. theyre one of the main suppliers of Amazon.

srsly78 wrote: »
    In Germany they certainly would. Remember Germany has the largest economy and largest population in the EU.

Remember part of the reason their prices are so good is because they don't have to pay 3% to the CC company.

Are they be as well known in Germany like Argos or Harvey Normans is here? Are they big enough that 3 or 4 grand a month from recommendations on this forum means little to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It's a lot more than three or four thousand. Depending on the time, they could get that in a week here. Either way, my suspicion is that they are.

Serephucus wrote: »
    It's a lot more than three or four thousand. Depending on the time, they could get that in a week here. Either way, my suspicion is that they are.

It would be interesting to add up how much they make off this site in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Boskowski wrote: »
    I really don't get the bank transfer reservations. It's cheap and reliable and easy to use. Insisting on credit card seems just lazy.

Which often motivates customers as much as prices, look at all the people who DIDN'T drive up north to do their weekly shopping when there was a significant saving to be made, yes plenty of people did, but a lot more people didn't want the hassle.

As for ease of doing a bank transfer, to do that I'd need to apply for, and wait for, the arrival of additional security stuff if I want to do it online (I'm only allowed to transfer to accounts I'd added prior to this policy change, which for me covers all the essentials), otherwise I need to physically go into a bank.

I do not expect them to change to credit cards, I was just stating why I don't use them, but if 90% (at a guess) of the people on the internet buy their stuff with a credit card expecting them to use a different method for you will deter potential customers. I've a fair number of friends and relatives who've never used eBay for this reason: "Why should I have to set up a Paypal account when I have a credit card?". I know others still who don't even have a credit card because they so seldom shop online that when they need to they just ask me or someone else to get it for them, they have so little use for a credit card that even the hassle of applying for one is too much for them to bother.

Imagine if Amazon refused to offer prices in any other currency, I mean by the logic some posters are offering here why should the American companies have to deal with customers in anything other than the format they are comfortable with, good old USD?

The OP didn't even have the common courtesy to write the letter aus Deutsch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Craig B

srsly78 wrote: »
    The OP didn't even have the common courtesy to write the letter aus Deutsch :P

*auf Deutsch ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I would consider ordering from them if i could pay by CC / Payapl.

I do not understand the love of the company on Boards. I would much prefer to order from Overclockers / Scan. There is not that much of a difference in price once shipping is included and it very reasonable with Overclockers now.

If i was building an entire PC, maybe there are savings to be had, but for a single item i would not even consider them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I would consider ordering from them if i could pay by CC / Payapl.

I do not understand the love of the company on Boards. I would much prefer to order from Overclockers / Scan. There is not that much of a difference in price once shipping is included and it very reasonable with Overclockers now.

If i was building an entire PC, maybe there are savings to be had, but for a single item i would not even consider them.

18.99 flat rate seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And an order I put together on Scan and VerSand came cheaper in euro than pounds.

Like £295 Vs. €288.

Not to mention the screwing people get when they put sterling on their Irish CC. It might be free-free conversion, but they hit you for a 5% spread on the market rate.

And an order I put together on Scan and VerSand came cheaper in euro than pounds.

Like £295 Vs. €288.

Interesting. I must look into them further. I may be biased towards UK companies, as i think returning items would be less painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Whatever about a discount code, it would be great to get them to represent themselves with an official rep on here. I deal with them lots, 10+ times a year. Having to RMA is a pain, when it happens I usually have to wait days for a responding email and the process drags.

I've no problem with the bank transfer payment system, I'd much prefer it than credit card.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Having to RMA is a pain, when it happens I usually have to wait days for a responding email and the process drags.

That is the fear i would have in RMA'ing an item with them. It seems messy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Whatever about a discount code, it would be great to get them to represent themselves with an official rep on here. I deal with them lots, 10+ times a year. Having to RMA is a pain, when it happens I usually have to wait days for a responding email and the process drags.

I've no problem with the bank transfer payment system, I'd much prefer it than credit card.

Call them to RMA instead of emailing, it speeds up the process a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

moonboy52 wrote: »
    That is the fear i would have in RMA'ing an item with them. It seems messy.

No, it's fine. It just takes longer than it should. As a business customer I need it faster.

I tried ringing once and got talking to a non English speaker, didn't try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

There are 2 main reasons I ordered from Dabs.ie instead of HWVS when I got my new rig.

Firstly, of the bank transfer thing, it is not that it was too much hassle, it is just easier to pay by paypal or CC and the comeback is better if there are issues.

Secondly, I had nothing but praise for another german company called Ankermann, I must have bought 10+ machines over a couple of years for family and friends and while the prices were great, the components were not. I had awful hassle getting a couple of PSU's RMA'd and from that would never use them again.

Also, at the moment Dabs are offering money off on orders over €399/€499/€599 for varying amounts and at the end of the day there was only €20 in the difference between Dabs and HWVS for my order for almost the exact same parts.

Lastly, HWVS loses out on smaller orders, why pay €30 for delivery on a €100 GFX card or such so if they were to offer anything I would hope it is a reduction in shipping costs..... just my 2c. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

No, it's fine. It just takes longer than it should. As a business customer I need it faster.

I tried ringing once and got talking to a non English speaker, didn't try again.

If you get a non english speaker just ask them to put you on to an english speaking one :) Never had a problem getting through to one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hi guys, did anybody try paying HWVS through amazon.de? It also adds a 3% fee onto the price of the build. I have ordered a few things off amazon.de w/ my debit card with no problems whatsoever.
    https://www1.hardwareversand.de/profilregis.jsp?profil.ident_referrer=order.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

any replies yet lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nothing. I doubt they'll reply at this stage tbh.

Sort of off thread but does anyone know how to get HWVS to assembly your rig for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Craig B wrote: »
    Sort of off thread but does anyone know how to get HWVS to assembly your rig for you?

Throw this in the cart.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Any reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

It's a pity they haven't replied as I definitely would not have used them only that they were recommend on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I don't think they intend on replying.

Advertisement