Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water quality Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 27-03-2012 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else notice the water quality in Dunshaughlin gone from bad to worse. it's coming out of the taps yellow most days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Just seen this on the Council site... i spoke too soon

Date Released: 22 February 2012

Public Notice
    Mains Flushing to Dunshaughlin Water Supply

Meath County Council will carry out watermains flushing Dunshaughlin Water Supply network from Wednesday 22nd February to Wednesday 29th February 2012 (incl.).

Mains flushing is being undertaken to improve the quality of water supplied to our consumers. Consumers in areas where flushing will take place may notice temporary discolouration to their water but this discolouration should clear when allowed to run for a few minutes.

Water users in Dunshaughlin and Environs may experience a reduced level of service for the duration of these works.

Meath County Council regrets any inconvenience caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

has anyone noticed the smell of chorline or bleach from their mains water. really awful stuff. water is clear but once you pour a glass of water there is a smell from it... dont know if this is harmful or not?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Wait until we'll all have to pay for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

PauloMN wrote: »
    Wait until we'll all have to pay for it!!

pay for it...? they have to collect the household charge first in order to fund the meters to charge us for the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Has anyone else notice the water quality in Dunshaughlin gone from bad to worse. it's coming out of the taps yellow most days.

We've had brown/yellow water on about 4 or 5 occasions over the past few months. The council said it's nothing to worry about, just to wait for it to run clear before drinking it!! It ruined a whole wash of clothes in the machine too, they all had to be thrown out. We've been buying bottled water to drink ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Quality goes from bad to worse, I really dont know what they are spending money on. I thought the big water treatment plant outside the village was supposed to cure this. I certainly wont pay water rates if this is the quality

Advertisement