Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suncream on kids today?

Options
  • 27-03-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

HI,

Just wondering would you put suncream on kids an a day like today?
    Mine are 2 and 4.5 yrs.
    WAs out alot today, as there was a nip in the air, I had long pants and long sleeved tops on them.
    Just wondering did others put suncream on kids today.?
    Also what sunscreen do you use?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Yes, always put suncream on the lil ones. It won't hurt them on a day like today and if they spend all day outside the fresh air, sun and suncream make them smell just lovely, especially if they fall asleep on the couch on daddy's lap :o.

Think the lowest we use on them is factor 30 (nivea I think it is, it's in a blue bottle).

When we go on holiers we get a little spray can (not because it's more useful but they think it's just magic and it makes it lots easier to put on if they're standing still)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

My little girl is 2 and has qute sallow skin like myself.

She was out in the garden a good bit today with long trousers and a T shirt, Factor 25 kids sun cream and a hat. She still managed to get mild tan lines on her arms and her nose was looking a bit sunkissed too.

I was out yesterday and didn't think it was hot enough for sun cream but I managed to pick up quite alot of sun.

So I would say yes, if there is skin exposed, apply sun cream! It'll do no harm!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Factor 50 on them.
    It was scorching here and I had them in the play ground.
    It is no harm to put sun screen on them once the sun comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yes, I think from now on they should have sunscreen on during the day. I know we're having crazy weather for March but the temp is 17-20 so I'd treat it like a summers day. My son is fair skinned and red haired so we have to be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Yep factor 50 here for my 2 year old, it was roasting here today & like myself she has pretty fair skin, I didn't want to take any chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, factor 30 here on my three... Out in the garden playing most of the day (baby in the shade) so they needed it. The eldest got a little bit burnt on the back of her neck still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

brought my son to the park yesterday an had factor 50 in him.
    it didnt stop him putting his mouth to the ground and eating some dirt ..must try a higher factor next time:D:D

Advertisement