Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

europlex signet100 battery fault?

Options
  • 27-03-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All,
    getting battery fault error on the keypad with the flashing lights.
    Any idea what to do?
    Its giving this error since morning, not sure why but about 30 mins ago the sirens went off outside and I had to reset. but the batttery fault light is still there.

Just afraid it'll go off during the night :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All,
    getting battery fault error on the keypad with the flashing lights.
    Any idea what to do?
    Its giving this error since morning, not sure why but about 30 mins ago the sirens went off outside and I had to reset. but the batttery fault light is still there.

Just afraid it'll go off during the night :-)

Turn off the mains to the control panel before opening. Disconnect the old battery in the control panel and replace same with same. 12V 7 Amp. A dead battery can bring down any system. When your finished, turn back on the mains and put in your code.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

thanks for the quick response.
    Dont have one of those batteries spare, so may just disconnect until tomorrow to avoid it going off again. Will call the alarm guy them to make sure all is good.
    Will disconnecting the power not trigger the alarm? all is quiet now, its just flashing the fault with the lights. chance it will go off again if i leave as is?

Thanks again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enter your code. Does it offer the option to clear the alert?
    Unless auto restore is turned on you will need to do this after you change the battery anyway.

thanks for the quick response.
    Dont have one of those batteries spare, so may just disconnect until tomorrow to avoid it going off again. Will call the alarm guy them to make sure all is good.
    Will disconnecting the power not trigger the alarm? all is quiet now, its just flashing the fault with the lights. chance it will go off again if i leave as is?

Thanks again

Yes, the outside bell will go off once you down power the system if the battery is completely dead as the back up battery cant support the system. The external bell should stop ringing after 15 minutes. If you remove the battery and power it back up it should prevent it from going off again.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Enter your code. Does it offer the option to clear the alert?
    Unless auto restore is turned on you will need to do this after you change the battery anyway.

no, when I enter the code, it just offers the standard options to set or go to menu. No option to clear the alert

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Yes, the outside bell will go off once you down power the system if the battery is completely dead as the back up battery cant support the system. The external bell should stop ringing after 15 minutes. If you remove the battery and power it back up it should prevent it from going off again.

eeks, think I'll chance leaving as is so until morning when I'll call the alarm guy. Dont want to chance the outside bell going off at this hour of the night.
    Why would the bell have gone off earlier I wonder?
    Also strange was it tripped a switch...

or is it the drained battery that kicked off the alarm...heres hoping it stas quiet for the next 9 hours or so :-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hopefully you got a good nights sleep.
    Do you have enginer access to that panel.

eeks, think I'll chance leaving as is so until morning when I'll call the alarm guy. Dont want to chance the outside bell going off at this hour of the night.
    Why would the bell have gone off earlier I wonder?
    Also strange was it tripped a switch...

or is it the drained battery that kicked off the alarm...heres hoping it stas quiet for the next 9 hours or so :-)

It could of being the battery, a dead battery on the system is taking more power from the system than usual as it is trying to get a charge.

Advertisement