Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A college degree doesnt define intelligence but plain hard work

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You fools!

The OP is just using our answers to form part of their thesis, thus gaining a degree themselves using neither hard work or intelligence thus disproving both parts of the original statement and negating the whole thread.

Stop answering or this whole site might disappear into a vortex of contradiction!

I have an engineering degree and don't know what those big words mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Eathrin wrote: »
    Out of interest what is it that the genius ended up doing?

You can get 600 points in your leaving cert and get any college degree you want, but that doesn't make you intelligent. The intelligent ones will know how to apply themselves in the real world and find success, whatever that is relative to them.

A builder, but a total master at it all, I mean every trade from the foundation up and a true work ethic to match. His cabinet and furniture making skills are amazing, a true craftsman. Most is self thought from experience as he had little choice as he is totally dyslexic. But he sees a problem and comes up with a solution. He can barely read and write but play him in chess or cards or give him a problem and then you see his natural intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I have an engineering degree and don't know what those big words mean

I got a grown up to help with them.

And with the scissors.

Always get a grown up to help you with the scissors.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

There's probably a positive correlation between the result someone gets in a degree and intelligence, but individual experiences will vary wildly. I know plenty of utter cappers who'll be obtaining a degree/have obtained a degree.

Advertisement