Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preciso grinder question

• 27-03-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I got a Preciso in December and it totally transformed my espresso. At even a couple of clicks from minimum grind it would choke (!)

However, recently the results have been not good with minimum grind not being enough to pull a decent shot - clearly too coarse.

Any idea what might be happening?

The beans are always fresh. I've removed the upper burr to check for blockages. I've run Grindz through.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dahtac

First thoughts are that the calibration has slipped. This can happen with use. I've been using a preciso myself for a year but haven't encountered it myself. But I know it does happen with the other Baratza machines. Try getting in contact with baratza. They have excellent customer service and at the very least should be able to point you in the right direction. I know the twitter account is pretty well manned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭arabica69

If you bought it from us (i.e. Coffeeangel), please return and we'll get it sorted for you ASAP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

I got a Preciso in December and it totally transformed my espresso. At even a couple of clicks from minimum grind it would choke (!)

However, recently the results have been not good with minimum grind not being enough to pull a decent shot - clearly too coarse.

Any idea what might be happening?

The beans are always fresh. I've removed the upper burr to check for blockages. I've run Grindz through.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    arabica69 wrote: »
    If you bought it from us (i.e. Coffeeangel), please return and we'll get it sorted for you ASAP!!!

Obviously if you got it from Karl you'll be sorted as per his post.

FYI: I had a similar experience with the vario mahlkonig when first purchased. After some googling and advice here I discovered there was a secondary calibration screw that could be adjusted using an allen screw. This link explains all:
    http://www.home-barista.com/grinders/recalibrating-baratza-vario-t10282.html

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Regular Latte

Thanks for the replys and PM's. Really helpful advice that I wasn't aware was a possible problem with other machines.

I'll let you know how it works out.

arabica69 wrote: »

Thanks Karl. You were very helpful when I bought the machine. I really appreciate that you picked up this question so quickly on this forum! I'll be in touch.

• Advertisement

Just as an update...

I got my Precisio grinder exchanged for a new one. Big thumbs up to Karl at Coffee Angel for responding so quickly and getting me a new machine. I really appreciated that kind of service and wouldn't hesitate to recommend or do further business with Coffee Angel. I got home and ran some Forsa Gala through the machine and it's looking good.

It sounds like people all over the world were having similar problems with the Preciso. Baratza have done some tweaking so hopefully those problems have gone away.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Advertisement